30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Price Labels show entry and exit. There is a smaller bearish Gartley that game me reason to enter (the fibs were removed for the entry.) I set my stop and went to grab a drink. When I walked back to my computer I about choked as I saw the massive downbar. I had actually been counting on the Bearish pattern that is shown to be the main trade! I exited at a fair price making a good and quick number of pips. I re-entered at the bullish convergence as it came back down to it with a VERY small risk. That huge down bar just made me think there was more downward movement to come.

hi again

By radofx at 2012-08-02

Do you guys take midpoint Xā€™s???

I think that as part of a trading plan you could make a rule NOT to take midpoint xā€™s, therefore avoiding the temptation to overtrade, iā€™m thinking about making that a rule in my trading plan.

But i first want to know if any of you have found it rather profitable by trading patterns with X at a midpoint, (a slight reversal so that an X may be identified)

I hope that made sense, waiting for an answer thanks!!!

Hereā€™s a pattern I am looking at (Counter Trend) Because it is counter trend, my T/P (If price action confirms) will be placed closer to point D, that is, 0.382, and 0.5 retracement points.
See Full Size Image

skratch,
what do you mean by having the X at midpoint?
For the PRZ for the CAD/JPY pattern, where would you specifically place your entry or would you decide depending on candles?

Hereā€™s my example, see how a pattern may be identified if you take a slight reversal on a longer leg, I read somewhere that you could do that too but Iā€™m having trouble I think I will stop taking patterns like thatā€¦

I wait for price action, a double top, head and shoulders, three mountain top, some sort of price pattern in the short term (30 min or 15 min) since I concentrate on long term pattern identification (4h-daily) etc. anything to show downward movement in the PRZā€¦ :smiley: sometimes these 2618ā€™s show up:

When I first read about all these price action hints like head and shoulders i took it lightly like yeah rightā€¦ but they really do show up and iā€™m realizing that now.

The thing about this strategy is that is can be somewhat subjective from time to time even when you are following the rules to a tee. By choosing to use a midpoint X then you have moved much more away from an objective trade to an almost purely subjective trade. By always using the extreme high or low as your anchor point or X you reduce the chance of psychologically ā€œmaking the trade look like you want it toā€ and failing.

Remember this strategy is a probabilities game. Trading X pattern, when the rules are followed, gives a x% chance of succeeding.

EDIT:

After re-looking at your previous post I noticed that the CD leg is not equal to the AB leg. Sure, it was a reversal zone but was not actually a pattern.

back from holiday, hope everyone is well. there hasnt been much pattern posting, hereā€™s one i found on the 4hr gbp/jpy chart let me know your thoughts on it.

Have a nice day and Happy trading =)

Hello guys!!! Long time :), Iā€™ve been perfecting the trading system and am ready to share my new found knowledge. In addition I would like you all to note that this is all in preparation for the seminars that I will be giving live in November and December this year. In short, starting 8/15/2012 - 11/1/2012 I will be posting my market analysis and entries on this thread. :slight_smile: Enjoy the freebies and feel free to ask questions I have not answered already on this thread (it is up to you to do your due diligence on what ever is needed to survive in the trading worldā€¦ and I know that a wealth of knowledge from my part has already been shared to the publicā€¦ do your research) and enjoy the soon to come freebies ;).

• Luis Mejia

TMB this thread has been very helpful to many people, I look forward to your posts and seminars!

There is a Butterfly forming in the AUD/NZD.
This one seems to be perfect. Let me know what you think.

Good morning guys!!! :slight_smile: Long time no talk, Iā€™m going to keep this first post short and simple so you guys can ask me all the questions you want from the image you see bellow:

Iā€™m currently trading from C to D using an hourly break above 80.917 as my exit (this is because apart from it being a major support/resistance zone in the past, it also converges with the .236 of my XA). I will exit the short by going long at 80.558 with half of my maximum lots and another long entry will be waiting for me around 80.443, a 30 min or hourly break bellow 80.396 will be my exit for these long positions.

I always thought trading c-d was riskier, on what conditions do you trade the c-d?

well if we take the current position, a flag broke towards the south with an apex landing it around 127% CD. In addition, we are at the top of a major horizontal channel which verifies the sell towards c to d. Also if you look at the picture, I have to swings measured for the D pointsā€¦ a break of these points indicates a failure of the C to D trade, a break above the level i mentioned (the green horizontal line) is a warning for the break of these swings. In other words, go back to the basics and apply your current knowledgeā€¦ people still trade the breaks of trendlines, triangles, slopes, etcā€¦ add the basics to harmonics and you can trade anything ;).

Very cool.

Is your break of 80.917 based on ask?

Well thats not looking to good. Is this gunna be like the last few times you share a trade and promise lessons and more signals, and then disappear?

Woopsā€¦ seems like I missed an important part of the puzzle :wink: .

I forgot to draw the pattern which triggered the original sell on the CHF/JPY. In other words, I will now be turning my original sell into a Hydra and using the .886 and 200% CD you see bellow as my exit. The target for the trade stays the same, even though it is now projected to reach 80.00.

lol, I am human mr DR.Pepper and no it will not :slight_smile: you have my vow towards this.

Thanks for replying. I have that drawn on my charts now. So now the stop loss procedure is to close if the 1 hr bar closes past the bid price of 81.02?

Please comment on this, I want to know if I have this concept right. Originally, you were targeting the approx 38.2% of AD and planning to go long after that. You wanted to go long because the wick touched the convergence point but there was never a close of 1 hr bar near it. Now that we have a 1 hr bar testing and respecting the convergence zone 81.02-81.038, we can expect the trade to fully bounce (maybe 50% XA) and possible be a reversal, hence why your new target is 80.0?

81.085 to be exact, once this breaks price will easily push towards 81.264 and if that point breaks as well then the true D point will be triggered at 81.649