30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

If you look at the overall daily picture its a clear down trend so being short is probably best. Problem is NFP tomorrow and it brings crazy moves so its very hard to tell at this point.

Yes horizontal but also downward trendline

Elephant - The chart that Eddietheguy put it up is very similar to what I had. I’m learning how to figure out X.

Eddie - I’m not able to manually change the fibs. I just have check boxes.

hit that ‘Add’ button and you can type them in. hit the ‘Set as Default’ button to make sure you dont have to keep checking them each time you draw the fib

LOL - can’t believe I missed that. thanks

BTW, here’s what the chart looks like. If anyone can help me make it look cleaner while still having fib levels, that would be appreciated.

Is there anything telling me not to go long on this? BTW, the EMA’s are a 5 and 10.

I know I’m not drawing it completely correct, but it looks like a serious pattern of some sort. I’m just not sure where the A’s and B’s are - still learning that part.

The two down periods are almost the exact same amount of time (38 periods vs 35). everything seems to be lining up for a good upswing.

Got it, thanks. In EUR/USD Gartley you posted above I tried as a B first High from A and it also converged at your D point (.786 of XA) which is a good sign.

And if I draw a line from the bottom of that down trend at the same slope and distance as the last up it hits the R1 which is also basically the .50 Fib on the last upswing and .382 fib from the upswing before that.

Does that mean anything? Other than could be a resistance level?

melchizedek, u got quite alot of indicator

The more the merrier, right? lol

I was using one system that had the MACD, RSI, STOCH, and EMA’s (Cowabunga system on this site)

I’m trying to learn this Gartley pattern to see if it works for me. I didn’t bother taking the other indicators off. I did add the pivots too just to see what they look like. The rest are all fibs. I don’t know how to keep the points, but not necessarily all the lines. I’d love some help on knowing how to make it clean and know what Fib level I’m at as well.

how is the cowabunga system ? is it helpful ?

I really like it on the 1 hr time frame. I’ve only been practicing for about a month, but if you put all the indicators he says and then follow the 1 hour time frame and put your orders in on the cross (with all other indicators where they should be), then it’s really accurate. The problem is it always happens when I’m away from my computer, like the USD/CHF drop of 80+ points early this morning. Had I been at my computer, I probably would have sold short at 6:00am EST at a price of .9362 and would closed around 2:00pm EST at .9307. There’s a nice 55 gain for the day. That kind of stuff happens every day on most majors. If you want to talk more about it or see some screen shots message me.

For anyone else who wants info on my practice experience with this, message me (so we can keep this post to the ABCD’s and Butterflies, lol)

I feel quite selfish for not contributing to this thread. I honestly do not see any patterns on the 1H or 4H time frame for the EU. There may be one but the reason I stay out of it is because on bigger time frames, you are tunnel vision. It may be a point A, B, or C, I don’t feel comfortable trading on long upward trends because I never worked for me. I did, however, spot this on the Eu at 30. Big PRZ though…
I may be wrong but the market might have hit its threshold for now before continuing upwards. I MAY BE WRONG. SO UNPREDICTABLE.

I see, u cannot be infront of the screen 24/7 , i added you as friends :slight_smile:

As predicted, my graph shot upwards. I am no longer trading EU until it stops this stupid escalating trend.

here are my last set ups, EU dropped before it hit my D

Hello Pavel,
The USD/CHF pattern worked well. Did you trade it?
For me more interesting why your second set up did not trigger and retraced just a few pips not reaching your D point? Did you try to find out why it happened?

Yeah I got in the USD/CHF trade. But missed my E/U trade by a few pips, I think like 10 pips.

Here is USD/JPY Gartley Pattern that triggered Friday.

Alex, nice one on U/Y. I actually had a a sell limit at 79.00 even on UY. Just thought it would head to that number before dropping. Check out AU 1 hr there is a pattern forming.

You mean Bearish pattern, point D at 1.02710 ?