30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

yes alex around that range

would this have been a valid short entry?

Hello everyone!

I know that on this post we talk mainly about pattern search and strategies, but Iā€™m concern about another factor that could invalidate the strategy itself. TMoneyBags, Iā€™m only trying to understand all the concepts, not trying to say your strategy is bad, I think is amazing at all :wink:

At Europe, some countries plan to activate the Tobin Tax (0,01% tax per transaction). Looking at this post strategy: 0,003% profit on each trade, this tax will be devastating, isnā€™t it? I hope notā€¦

Thanks and best regards!

What makes you think there is only a 0,003% profit in these trades?

jeppe, thank you for answering me :slight_smile: and yes, Iā€™ve review my math and itā€™s wrong, the profit is 0.3% per transaction, so 0.01% of tax are not so bad as I think :slight_smile: I will be able sleep this night, hehe

how did you calculate your d point jeppe?

Hello everybody,
is somebody in trade of EUR/USD H4 Gartley? Price hit the D point about 9 hours ago and hovering on this level. What you guys think to do in such a case? Consider the pattern failed and close the position or to stay in trade and wait when price will find direction?

Jeppe, as I can see (BTW, does somebody know why images become so blurred when posting here?) you measured with Fibs ABCD pattern and 1.618 converged with .786 of XA which is additional confirmation that your D point is valid.

I do not see this convergence. The 78.6 of XA is about 20 pips away from the 1.618 convergence? Can you possibly draw the chart and paste if cause for some reason I do not see this convergence.

Pavel, Jeppe measured with Fibs move from B to C and as you can see got convergence 1.618 with .786 of XA. Also move AB roughly equal move CD. Move BC was about .500 of move AB. ABCD Pattern is a part of Gartley.

alexas it is close but seems like 161.8 is about 8 pips from 78.6. Is that a close enough confluence?

in my charts they are 4 pips away from each other.

yesterday trade

nice trade Pashka!
how many pips did you get or are you still in the trade?

So, still trying to figure out where to start the lines and see the patterns. This is on the USD/CHF 1 hour timeframe. Please give some guidance:
B is at the .382 point of XA
C is at the .764 point of AB
D is at the .618 point of XA

Iā€™m still trying to figure out which numbers of retracement to follow. It appears that the numbers donā€™t quite line up, but it still looks like itā€™s in right shape, although AB and CD are not parallel.

Also, one other thing - has anyone tried this software?

Welcome to Harmonic Trader - The Official Harmonic Trading Website

It looks intriguing.

Hello, did you watch the video where TMB shows how to identify Gartley Pattern?
Here it is:
Identify Gartley 222 and Butterfly Patterns using Fibonacci 1 of 2. - YouTube

Pavel, well done! Big pip day!

Yeah, I did - twice. I guess Iā€™m having a hard time deciding on X. When he starts I was expecting him to use the valley, not the peak. How do you decide which to use if their both extremes?

Would you say that this ā€œpatternā€ that I see isnā€™t really a pattern? It just starts as one, but since it doesnā€™t finish, then itā€™s nothing?

I think your X as well as A,B,C points are good, but the Fibs calculation is different from the videoā€™s. Of course, even though you identified a valid Gartley it canā€™t guarantee you 100% that your D point will work. You will need to look for more confirmations of this point such as S/R lines, Gartley patterns from bigger or smaller time frames that converge on the same level like your D, etc.