30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

At which fib-level did you put your D? Look at my earlier post #7039. Is it that pattern you mean? I have placed a buy on the 2.000 and 0.618 convergence. I’m far from an expert myself but to me it looks like the best convergence in the fib levels. Maybe thats the reason why it continued down after you bought it? It maybe hasn’t hit the D yet. What do you think?

This is what I see. The 2nd chart looks better to me. There seems to be some kind of a reaction at the level on the 1st chart right now.

Hey are you risking a certain number of pips/trade, % of your account? I’ve read so many things I’m not sure. :confused:

This was the trade. I see the error now, oh crap, but i guess that’s what a demo account is for, although 2nd trade is positive, and will move stop to BE.

Diablo, where your D is looks good. It also converges on 1.00 of the second pattern drawn by cychiu, having said that the convergence at 2.00 of that pattern looks nice too!

Bah confused.

I’ve got a $50k demo account, and just risking $300 a trade until i get some practise in.

From memory, TMB used 1 upto 10k and then added an addition 1 lot each time the account balance increased by $10k.

My math puts his risk at about 3% account balance per trade.

I see, thanks!

Are you trying to get at least a 1:1 risk reward from your trades?

1:1 as a minimum for me.

I think i’ve found a pattern on the EUR/JPY 30min. Not sure if it’s a valid one but we have a perfect convergence on the 0.705/0.705 fib levels. Price has reached it and i just entered a long at 114.321. We’ll see what happens. Wish me luck! :slight_smile:

The CD leg should be at least as long as AB. Also 9 am EST is not a good time to trade according to TMB.

Agree. Just curious if it would work out. The price rapidly retraced 25 pips from 2 pips over the 0.705 level. So i could have gotten 20 pips from this one. But i didn’t have time to monitor the trade so i got stopped out instead.

already making a move

So this is the result, it’s gone down even more as I write this.

So this is the result, it’s gone down even more as I write this.[/QUOTE]

Looks good. Did you trade it?

Strangely when i draw the fibs on the pair above i do not get the same results as you do. Maybe it’s because i use MT4.

I jumped in on a pattern that formed on the 30 min EUR/JPY a while ago. AB and CD leg are perfectly symetrical in length. Got in late but still managed to get +20 pips.

Looks good. Did you trade it?

Strangely when i draw the fibs on the pair above i do not get the same results as you do. Maybe it’s because i use MT4.

I jumped in on a pattern that formed on the 30 min EUR/JPY a while ago. AB and CD leg are perfectly symetrical in length. Got in late but still managed to get +20 pips.

[/QUOTE]

I was getting different results with mt4 also. There is no bid and ask mode on it that I know of so I got a demo account and trying out marketscope.

Hi guys, i see many of you look at symbols like Eur/Jpy and it 30mins charts…does the occurrence of these patterns lesser on Major pairs?

These patterns show up on pretty much all pairs and time frame. But i’m new to this “system” to say anything about if it occurs more frequently on one pair or another.

The possible trade on the GBP/CHF is getting closer. I’ve place a buy order at 1.47950. Let’s see how this works out.

Looks like i’ll have to try marketscope then. In which mode are you supposed to draw the patterns? Bid or ask mode? And why?

Is there a mac version for marcetscope btw? Only have a mac at home and running metatrader on crossover atm.

buy at ask and sell at bid

Hello.
Just a question. What this thread is about? What strategies do you use? Is there anything specific or just anyone sharing his/her strategies and methods?

And I’ve noticed that thread starter is not here anymore.

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”