30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

TMB, that was an excellent explanation of drawing your XA, thank you.

Now this is interesting… I don’t mean to over-complicate things, but based on what TMB just taught us about using the MVA’s to determine the best place to place your fibs, I took it one step further. As you can see, I also used the MVA on a lower time frame (in this case H4) to draw the expansion… A to B to C…

And just look at the results and perfect convergence. Drawn this way, the 1.618 of ABC lines up perfectly with the daily 127% retracement. Very interesting…

Here’s a question my brain cooked up while falling asleep. I’ve often heard that DD brokers try to hit people’s stops on a trade. It seems like it’s very tough for an automated system using this harmonic pinpointing to last very long, even if it’s planned out well in advance. Is that because you lose the insight of the candlestick patterns or is it perhaps because DDs know to plan around the Gartley and try to go a bit beyond convergence before reversal. Is this the cause of long wicks that disrespect the fib or am I just trying to cook up conspiracy?

Usually the wicks you are talking about happen when you do not do a full scale analysis of the market you are trading. People tend to focus on one or two specific time frames when trading and they forget that these patterns develop in all time frames… the majority of the time wicks like the ones you are talking about can be pin pointed with accuracy when using the 5 min chart or 4hr/daily charts if a pattern is found around the hourly/thirty min chart. Anyways, why would you use an automated system when you have a Brain :wink: train your self with knowledge and let your instincts guide you when trading. Don’t blame your broker for such moves… In the end, you are the one that places the entries and exits… you are the one that does the analysis. All in all, just do your home work and forget about brokers trying to plot against you :stuck_out_tongue: they do not care if you excel or fail because they make money in either direction.

Oh, no I did not mean automated in the sense that the detection of patterns is automated, I only mean automatic buy/sell and stop entries. I really liked that entry you posted today about determining which X made your ABCD fibonacci’s more accurate, but even in those respect zones you can see that the wick can go past the fib line - enough sometimes to take out a 30 pip physical stop(depending on time frame). Would all of those make sense in a lower timescale analysis? It just seems like a visual stop with some trendlines and candlestick patterns is needed to give you the true 70-85% chance to enter a true fib retracement and I guess I was hoping that I could sort of set it and forget it.

But the conspiracy, well the stop hunting thing is/was certainly an issue with some brokers right? Using Gartley’s and this thread’s 30 pip rule for that, well, that may be the fevered imaginings of a half-asleep brain. :wink:

First of all let me just say THANKS TMoneyBags for sharing your system, and taking the time to answer everyone’s questions! It’s much appreciated!
I’ve been reading the thread from start (nowhere near finished) and I’ve been drawing the patterns for a few weeks.
I understand your explanation above but when I look at the pictures it seems you have drawn the fibs from exactly the same place even though the later picture is supposed to be drawn from the mva rather than the top of the wick?

Or am I just missing something?

Thanks!

(new to the forum so wasn’t able to post the links to the pictures, haha…)

The XA line is drawn from the wick of the lowermost candlestick in the first pic and from the lowest point in the orange trendline in the second. All the other fibs are the same.

Umm… the fibs look similar because its the same daily chart on for the GBP/USD but the x points differ and I give you X/ (1.0 fib) in the description… :slight_smile: If you missed it though in the first image X is at the extreme at 1.58288; on the second image X lies at 1.58852.

GJ on a general uptrend and looking very symmetric for at least 4 prior patterns. I think I see a bullish Gartley here. Target buy at 143.13 where it found previous support.

EDIT: Then again…it’s a Friday.

Owwwww this hurts my head so much… I watched the couple of Youtube videos you did and they were pretty nice but reading through this thread there is just too much conversation and information for me to take in. Is there some more structured teaching you somewhere perhaps in a blog or something…?

Google Harmonic Trading. There is dedicated teachings towards this methodologies of trading.

Babypips should consider creating a wiki of sorts for users to maintain.

Nothing is ever easy. If this really hurts your head, you should take Tylenol. :wink:
It will take you months to get [U]acclimated [/U] to the material that is shown here. Then another couple months to harnessing this tool. Beware of your journey because you’ll want to quit. Just be persistent.

This make me laugh lol, but actually people quit and back for another try multiple times until they success though. At least for me many times already :stuck_out_tongue:

A good “shortcut” to this is reading the larry pesavento books that tmb recommends.

The path to success is paved with failure.

Go through the babypips school all the way through, pick up the book “Trade What You See…” by Larry Pesavento and “The Disciplined Trader” by Mark Douglas. Once you are done with these teachings, run through the thread again. By then you should be able to understand what we are talking about.

Ok thanks.

THanks, I must have been a bit too tired when looking. Saw it now :slight_smile: And thanks Merper for pointing it out also!

Is it only X we should consider drawing this way, or should we sometimes draw from the mva of x to the mva of a?

If I may just jump in here, only the X. The A is always drawn to the top/bottom wick of the XA move. At least, that’s how TMB does it, so best to stick to it this way. The original Gartley and Butterfly didn’t even use the MVA, so best we only use it for X as an improvement.

Cheers

Brilliant, thanks!