30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Do you consider trading this on EUR/USD? and which one do you think is likely to happen?
In the image I use X from MVA on the 15 minutes chart. I believe if I use X on the 5 minutes chart, there is only 1 gartley pattern, which is the lower one. Do you consider trading the lower one?

More over, on the weekly chart, it is showing that the price is going to reach 1.38412 area. So, I think it is consider safe to take long at the lower gartley.

What do you think?

Just look at it again. Actually the only valid one is the lower one. I think we can trade for that one.

For those of us learning, could you show what you mean?

The higher pattern is not valid because the CD is not reaching 100% yet. So, it make that pattern invalid.

Again, the lower pattern also have a higher chance to fail due to TMoneyBags experience. But I think it is good to trade because the weekly chart saying that the price is going up.

Hey guys! Hope everyones having a good weekend!

Iā€™ve been looking at the GBPUSD higher timeframe 1D and found a possible entry for a bigger trade. I Found gartley and butterfly patterns going into each other, showing that the pair is moving symmetrical. On monday last week price hit a convergence of the butterfly pattern 1.272/1.272 and reversed 200 pips. On friday price came back all the way down to the resistance level and chances are good itā€™s a retest and it will climb once again since that level has been a major support/resistance level many times before. A warning sign is that price came back in just one day though (strong trend) so we will have to see what price does tomorrow before making a decision.

If price bounces of the resistance once again iā€™m looking for a long entry with a TP of +250 pips (0.382 fib lvl of AD).

Maybe not in the spirit of this thread (30 pips a day) but i wanted to share this one with you. :wink:

Hello, everybody!
Can anyone help me with this 15 minutes AUDUSD forming pattern?
Is it valid?

Thanks!

Hi Cosminc!

For your gartley to be valid your CD leg must be at least a 100% retracement. In your pattern you have a convergence at the 0.786 lvl which invalidates the pattern.

If you instead draw the X from base of price (look at my screenshot below) then you have a very good convergence at the 1.0 XA and 1.0 CD levels.

Could be a possible trade.

Thanks a lot!

You are right! I canā€™t never be too careful!
May I ask another question?
How do we know when to draw the pattern from the wick or from the price base or even from MVA?

This one was better!

sorry, couldnā€™t resist the temptation :wink:

This one was better!

sorry, couldnā€™t resist the temptation ;)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, interesting. I canā€™t get any good convergence at that point, regardless if i draw X from wick or base.

If you draw your fibs on an obvious pattern and the fib levels donā€™t make any sense, try drawing X from the base of price or the 8 MVA and see if you get different results. But if you do not get any good convergences doing that either itā€™s no good pattern/trade. Actually i donā€™t know if there is a something that indicates WHEN to draw from WHERE, maybe TMB got a answer to that? :wink:

Hey man, if I can make a suggestion for a pair to check out it would be the GBPAUD or EURAUD. They have lovely symmetrical moves. They respects fibs, have large ATR readings so they give a lot of pips and much less whipsaw like yen pairs have.

Thanks!

An almost perfect Gartley pattern on EUR/AUD is forming at 15 minutes time frame.
With B at 0.618 of XA, with C at 0.886 and with a convergence at 0.886 of XA

And if we Take Profit at 0.500 of AD we got ourself almost 90 pips or to be more more conservative 67 pips at 0.382 Fibonacci level drawing from A to D

I have traded many patterns on EURAUD, it is a great pair. However you must get convergence respect. Many times I have entered right at convergence zone and price reversed and my trade never went into the red and it was an easy 100 pip move. That said, if you dont get respect on your timeframe and convergence level, price likes to trend and will keep on pushing past. So get out quickly.

Iā€™m interested to see what the stats on going for different pip targets are. 30 pips seems right to scalp a profit even if you are wrong about a full reversal. More seems tough unless you can constantly monitor your trades.

Definitely one to watch GBP/USD hasnā€™t been down this low in a long time. I had a break even stop that got triggered just before that big move and missed out on 150 pips lol

0,3 pips from 1.618 to 61.8, atleast in my chartā€¦ I think that on lower tf our charts can differ more easily depend on the broker we use, and specially when 1 pip can be the diference between a bad or a perfect convergenceā€¦

just for fun, bat masterpiece on usdcad weekly chart. Perfect convergence+ideal ratios. Hope we can trade it before the summer!

God morning guys!

Maybe have a good trade on the EJ 30 min. Found two bullish gartleys with convergence on the same spot even though one convergence on the smaller gartley allready has been triggered and worked out fine.

Convergence at the 0.236/0.786/2.000 from two different X.

True, but i didnā€™t come close to any convergence. Really strange.

Nice one on the USDCAD. Just need to remember to trade it. Long time until then. :wink: There is a bearish butterfly aswell if the first pattern does not work out.