30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Totally missed this beautiful bearish gartley on the GBPUSD. Did anyone of you trade it?

I missed entry on that one and two other trades by a handful of pips overnight. Alas.

I have a question that I canā€™t find the answer to in the rest of this thread. Is there any time that we can use a different AB swing other than if the CD extends past the 261 of AB? If for example, a D point is hit past B, but not yet at X - Can we use the AD as an AB for a new swing or is it invalid?

Say, what do you think about this bearish gartley and/or butterfly?

I had the same issue, only one of my 3 orders on the same level got triggered, but i was not in front of my computer to enter manually so I missed a huge part of my gainsā€¦ at least get 36 pips.

I entered during the night but on a different lvl (perfect convergence between 1.618 and the ab=cd, close to the 38.2). price hit the 1st tp for 20 pips. Too bad my laptop with the Be Ea turns off and the other 2 orders hit sl. then I have lost another winning trade because the spread this early morning increased about 6 pips :(. taking losses and missing trades for technical failures is what hurts me more.

True, a night plenty of oportunitiesā€¦

(usdchf min 30)
hope any of you have been able to profit from this one. It saved me the night!
By now it seems that the bullish move on the euro is going to resume after spanish unemployement news and the corruption scandalsā€¦ waiting with my limit orders on the weekly chart :wink:

I used the first swing on a M30 chart, which should be valid since AB>.236XA and BC=.382AB and got a slightly higher convergence. I am trying to stick to wick to wick in an effort to avoid complexity.

Missed the following by 1 pip lol

And waiting for this one to trigger, 70.7 converge with 127 CD

For you 4H watchers, hereā€™s an interesting GBP/USD developing. Again, I drew wick to wick, but I think the most likely convergence is at 1.00, as there is a strong support level there and convergence with the XA if you move the Xs to the MVA instead of wick. If that breaks, there is an overlap zone just ahead, at the .5XA and .382XA. Thereā€™s a lot of little retracements in these movements so if you reduce your pip target to 20, you could catch one even if you are wrong about the larger movement.

Shonick, why are you using that wick for the B and not the one just to the right of it which is taller? I canā€™t find convergence if I use this one until the 2.0 level. Thereā€™s a strong Resistance level at the point you picked, so you may easily be right, but I donā€™t feel comfortable entering unless I can monitor that one.

That is because when I drew from slower swing, it gives me better convergence than the higher swing. The range of this convergence is only 3 pips. But I play too safe. I put my entry higher than the fib level 2 pips. so it didnā€™t hit it.

Hi merper,

Great chart but I just need to point out that your C isnā€™t at the correct place. As you can see, price made a lower low after the low you chose for C, so thatā€™s the true C.

Take care!

Cyanidez it does look a little like my chart, only I have not spotted the 1.000 and .618 convergence, thanks for marking that for my blind eyes :wink:

Just a pleasure man, letā€™s see how it unfolds! :slight_smile:

Nice to know iā€™m not the only one with such an obscure past :wink:

I look at CD form AB until 200. When I can, I use the AD as an AB for a new pattern. However i follow my own rules. Would be interesting to hear other answers about this.

I missed it again by 2.4 pips lol

Cyanidez, great! I was looking for someone with experience with harmonics, as I was confused while drawing this myself. I did think the lower low negated my choice of BC, but I went looking for some rules to back it up and all I found was this quote from TMB way back on page 377:

The points in that first swing do follow those two comparisons. Is this rule mentioned in Trade What You See? I donā€™t have my copy on hand, but Iā€™m sure you are a Scholar of the book. :wink:

I do feel that you are right. I actually had to force myself to draw the fib as is, but it would be nice to see where I can find the source code behind this logic.

It depends on how you view it actually, like this one

Hey guys,

Been studying this for a few days very interesting easy to understand. I know MB said in his first post the time frames he uses but thought iā€™d reask the question because its been a few years since then what time frames do you guys find this to be most successful on?

Iā€™m slowly grinding through the thread its huge lol.

Cheers,
Tave

Thanks Shonick. I do think the first swing rule helped me when I thought it wouldnā€™t at least once, though perhaps that one looks much clearer as a swing than than the one I drew. For example, there is a tiny dip in the AB leg you have in that drawing before the long blue bar up. Itā€™s probably enough to be .382 of the AB. Perhaps that one would have resulted in your B point as its D.

Hey Tave, good luck with your slog. I made it to about 200 pages before I started jumping to simply TMBā€™s posts, though it is worth it to make your way through I think. But open a demo or microaccount and start practicing as soon as you think youā€™ve got the system figured out. Best way to learn.

30 pips is easiest to achieve on a 30 min to 1h timeframe. 4H will give you longer legs and higher probabilities but you will need to wait longer for the trades.

Didnā€™t totally miss but didnā€™t quite know what I was looking at and didnā€™t catch it. I did however catch 15 pips as it moved down at the start of the London session, then caught another 15 again on the beautiful rise up to D, and closed my position at the perfect place because I could see there was some kind of convergence at that point. So I missed the actual trade itself but still didnā€™t do too bad!

Price will have to break a fairly strong trend line to get that high. It may take a while.