30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

I put a long EJ at 120.55. What do you think of that?

short at 120.422? Thatā€™s above the current price, did you mean 120.222? Just double checking, trying to figure out what youā€™re thinking.

I think that was the D point.

I literally just closed my EJ chart by accident. Tomorrow morning ill throw one up.

Is this the analysis that TMB is using?

Good morning, everyone!
I have a setup on EUR\USD M 30 with an almost perfect convergence at 0.500 of XA with 1.270 of CD.
I still wonder if that convergence from wick to wick is a valid one as we are on a down trend. Shouldnā€™t MVA 8 to give us the convergence?

Good morning everyone!

Someone from this thread sent me a message regarding the course i am attending right now. I wanted to reply but now i cannot find the mesage anymore so please write me again or look at my post earlier in the thread (a few pages ago) where i posted links and information about the event.

Since the market is in consolidation and i am in a few active trades where nothing happens i have nothing in the long term to contribute today.

Hope you all get a great trading day even though the market is behaving like it is. In consolidation there are always some good patterns appearing.

Good luck to you all! :slight_smile:

Found a pattern on the usd/jpy 1 hr with perfect convergence from wick to wick and almost perfect convergence from the bottom of the mva. But I what i dont like is that there is nothing else confirming the D other than a supply and demand zone.

Well bellow are the results for the month of February. Iā€™m disappointed on how I handled the trading day yesterday, where I was 6-9% up in the account and continued to trade past my trading hours and not completely follow my trading plan. The result was a risk of losing the 20% bonus I earned the beginning of week 4; but thankfully I was able to manage the trades and recover. All in all, I took the day off today and had a nice barbeque to celebrate the end of the month :D. I will reflect on my mistakes for the month over the weekend and continue trading on Monday.

Always very impressive. Good trading there Tmoney.

Congrats. As for myself, I have managed to successfully draw down 20% in three weeks. 30 pips a day seems like a pipe dream. I am not a very positive person so I can only spin about 50% of that as a learning experience, but I will keep trying.

tmoneybags,

those results are really outstanding.

iā€™ll buy the books you referenced and try to understand something of this thread :slight_smile:

The books are good, but keep in mind TMBā€™s results are based off a method that is substantially more evolved than anything presented in the two books.

TMoneyBags- Iā€™m sorry for digging up such an old post, but Iā€™ve been reading through all your posts again and I donā€™t understand this one. I think youā€™re making a key point, but it isnā€™t clear to me what you mean when you said: ā€œA CD must be at least 100% of AD and your D point seems to be only at 65% of ADā€.

Are you saying that if the CD leg completes before a 100% retracement of the AD leg that itā€™s invalid? Did you mean to say A[B]B[/B] instead of A[B]D[/B]?

Thanks

I figured it out, but now I have a new questionā€¦

TMB, when looking for XA & CD convergence, do you ever play around with the C point to see if the D convergence is better from the C wick or the C close? Iā€™ve noticed sometimes when using the C close that the D convergence is much tighter and the market respects it. what say you?

Sorry about the typo :wink: and what Iā€™m simply stating is that CD >= AB; the CD leg will always be greater then or equal to the AB leg (except for rare exceptions where price bounces at 95% instead of 100%).

I havenā€™t experimented with the technique that way but, I will take a look :).

Iā€™m tracking a couple potential trades todayā€¦

USD/CAD 30min, looks like perfect convergence with key resistance levels in the vicinity for a bullish move @ 1.0219ā€¦ XA 1.0 & CD 1.27

EUR/USD 30min, if price jumps up soon I would expect it to hit resistance at XA 1.0 with a CD 1.27 convergence @ 1.3098

Both of these are still early and need to see the D leg start its move, but the USD/CAD one in particular looks very promising to my eyes.

What do you all think? Open to constructive criticism.

The Gartley that develops at the 1.0 of XA when using the the highest extreme and wick of price as X tends to be a rare pattern that forms and works 30% of the time. As a result, Iā€™d go back through history on each of the pairs that you are showing and make sure that these patterns have occurred with frequency. In addition, please keep in mind that price does not confirm a move towards CD until B is broken (which is when you would normally attempt a C to D trade). Meaning that the charts you are showing can actually give you two projections; one for the bullish gartley/butterfly and one for the bearish gartley/butterfly. Itā€™s best to project both possible movements so that you do not stay bias towards a specific market direction and also know what to do what ever direction price decides to take. By the way I like how you drew the pattern on the EUR/USD, but would argue that you should note the first initial convergence at 1.30782-1.30642 where 100% CD converges with the .886 if XA and with the 200 MVA (Green). Also, that convergence zone is essentially the top of the of a previous side ways channel.

Hello, everyone!
I was looking at AUD NZD(H2) pair as we expect some news regarding AUD.
There is a good convergence at 0.886 and 100% of CD. And this convergence appear in the proximity of two(yellow) major trend lines from daily chart.
What do you think?