30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

How nice that looks eeh!!

Hey TMB,

I like what I see. Keep it up! I attached a chart… am I on the right track? LOL.

Proud of you,

C

Wow what a busy day, so many trades to choose from and no computer insight to properly monitor.

I set my entries in the EURO/USD and EURO/JPY trades and set no stops after leaving the wedding. This is a HUGE NOOBISH mistake that I do not want any one on this thread to repeat. Again, we do not control the market and I can not believe I fell for it and thought I could trust price while I drove back home. As a result I open FXCM with a negative trade on the EURO/USD -32 pips and had to close it immediately. Again, do not commit the mistake of leaving entries with no stops when your no where an internet connection to monitor it. We are not always right.

Here are the results:

Problems with the following Failed pattern. First of all apart from it being a 5 min pattern. The true convergence is at the 200% of CD with the 1.618 of XA. As u can see the 200% lands exactly on the 1.618 which is why I should have from the first place chosen this as my entry point rather then the 100% which was a bit off. In addition, If I would have been on my computer I would like you to note that I would have waited for a 5 minute close, which would have resulted in a minimal loss of 2-5 pips (If your using visual stops, always wait for the close on the time frame you found the pattern).

The pattern bellow had good convergence with the CD 127% and XA .500. Great trade, especially because of the fact that it was an extreem XA and it did the predicted .500 retracement the EURO/JPY Loves.

Again, never give up on a trade! There will always be another one available allowing you to make up your loss. What I have done today was proper trade management which is something we all must do. You must always manage your trades by correcting your mistakes and not engulf your self with the emotion of pain and loss. Who cares if I messed up and lost 32.1 pips? In just 20 mins I found a trade that made me 35.6 pips to make up for my loss and leave me with 3.5 pips positive for the day! -Never Give UP- :cool:

1. I haven’t seen a difference really other then a trade that has at least a .382 B retracement from XA has more symmetry then one that does not. Also, the most important retracement involving B is that of C which is the measurement of the AB leg.

2. It is still valid

3. Yes

4. Yes and No, Yes as a daily pattern, No as a 30 min pattern. *See bellow.

First of all, what you have shown has a reason and divergence to go with it. If you where to draw your fibs from the base price of the extreme on the daily, then you would have noticed great divergence and a perfect bounce. Which is shown bellow where you can see perfect divergence with 127% of CD and the .500 of XA.

The problem wit the pattern above is that it typically fails. Yes there is just about always a nice bounce as you see above. But it is not the true pattern. This is because of the fact that Price always likes to test the extreme, even if it does not linger at that point. This is why we draw our X from wick to wick the majority of the time as shown bellow. Here we have convergence at 200% of CD and the .618 of XA. Also, there is perfect divergence at 261% of CD and the .786 of XA.

In regards to drawing your X from base to wick or wick to wick, it really depends on the market. What you want to do is test each one and see which one price respects the best. I normally do this when things aren’t making sense (no valid patterns are found, like you have). And if non work, then i switch pairs.

-Edit-

Ok, I need to rest for London :). I’ll be back around 2am est. Cya and happy trading. :cool:

Thank you for the reply once again TMoney. You’re very passionate about your method and that’s what drawn me in. Keep up the good work and I will try my best to contribute as much as I can to the thread.

P.S. Which server do you play on for WOW and what class do you play?

OH NO…don’t tell me you guys play WOW! I’ve got 2 teenage sons that play it and it’s ALL they want to do! It really is a problem around here. :eek:

What server do you play on? :wink:

You have to get them off asap! Really wow is an opiate of the masses. A drug disguised as a harmless game. After 2 years of playing it, I realized I could have been doing anything and it would have been more productive. But that is all in the past and the only thing matters now is the future.

Anyways check out this USD/JPY 15 min. Bullish Butterfly if it completes.

I’m watching this 15m eurusd bullish butterfly…almost there!

OMG!! First trade and It worked!! It just reached the 30 pip tp and is still going up.

Thanks TmB
Sweet pip
Geodawg19

Happy trading!

Well…I don’t know about that pattern actually…you have a higher high above your C which negates the whole ABCD you have drawn…but glad your trade worked out anyways…
:slight_smile:

Yeah I play WoW… lol as you can see it minimized on some of the screen shots. But I make sure I make my money too! In what server? I have an Account on Mannoroth and just recently started a DK on Archimonde. I’ve just been doing the 10 day expansion trial periods… I’m rly ify about getting fully back in because of the “addiction”. So far I guess I’m hooked lol, I’m going through my Second 10day Trial as we speak. If I do decide to buy the new expac and play then I will most likely stay in Archimonde with the DK and make Forex Guild lol.

Oh and WRTM… Aseg�rate que BC siempre este entre XA. Esto incluye cualquier movimiento de precio despues de C hasta D. En el trade que meh has presentado, el precio despues de C sobre paso X y B.

Ok bellow is the reason you saw a Bounce and probably made some money off it. Even though the way you drew your pattern was wrong, there was in fact a gartley right at the .886 fib level. The problem though is that its convergence from XA .886 and the 200% of CD is a bit off. In addition, the X is not at the extreme and can lead to a failed pattern for the time frame used.

Looks Like our major USD/JPY trade has given us an opportunity to enter. Do to the fact that this is a Huge pattern and should be seen on the 4 hour chart (as a big one as well). It may consolidate for a while in the convergence area before it realizes. This trade has the potential of 240+ pips.

Bellow you will see that CD 200% converges with the .618 of XA. In addition not shown bellow but on a previous post, another CD converges at 100% at the exact same area. Also notice how price made “tweezer” bottoms before its original bounce, and that it still has not touched the 200% of CD.

Here is the the original post of the pattern:

USD/JPY 30/60 min Patterns Bullish

*Note that there is a major pattern within a major pattern

Well it looks like the EURO/JPY may be reaching a D soon. There is great convergence at the 261% of CD and the .886 of XA. In addition, the convergence is right on a major support trend line starting from the bottom wick of 4/20 20:00 - 4/22 9:00.

Great possible pattern.

The USD/JPY trade came through and gave us our 30 pips. Great trade indeed and it looks like it definitely has the potential of reaching 240+ pips. But as stated previously on my posts, 30 pips is enough for me and allows me to avoid many fake outs and the issue of emotions (greed, fear, etc…).

Trade origin:
USD/JPY Major trade

LOL took me a minute to realize who you where :slight_smile: thanks for checking the blog out [U]Sensei[/U]. Try and check it out more often, every pattern I trade or see I will be posting it on here. Good Luck with your trading and tell Larry to send me some charts please! :cool:

-Edit-
Just noticed I traded that pattern you posted lol I saw it and snatched 35.6 pips from it before it failed :wink:

Here’s a tip for finding and drawing your patterns:

This applies to trading platforms that have a Bid/Ask view option such as Marketscope 2.0

If you are drawing a Bullish pattern, make sure you are doing this on the ASK. If you are drawing a Bearish pattern, make sure you are doing this on the BID. An easy way to remember this is Buy = ASK and Sell = BID. Or 2 [U]B[/U]oys = no no :wink: (no offense to any one out there that’s offended… :rolleyes:)

The correct use of this is key for Exact market entries and many times the miss use of this can lead to false or bad convergence. This is one of the reasons why I can make trades such as the ones on the first post, where I catch the very tip of price and make excellent fast profit.

Which can be seen here:

Bellow is the first pattern traded when I created this thread and It is also the first pattern I have ever posted on the baby pips forums.

Notice how this pattern reached its third target for a total of 300 pips throughout the week.

I post this not to encourage you to trade to the higher targets of patterns but so that you can have the confidence and knowledge of how powerful a pattern can be. And this is just the example of a decent sized 30 min one. But as you can see form last weeks results, making the small almost guaranteed 30 pips per trade made me 350+ pips for the week. Proving that being consistent and disciplined will lead to good results.

If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.
Colin Powell

TMB,

Again I just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. It’s great to see people give back like this and assist with educating others. Finals are here so I haven’t been able to follow this thread as I would like, but I have a copy of the book you recommended and have been looking over it as time permits. I was thinking earlier about how this adds a degree of “fun” to trading. Albeit in the best of our interest to maintain an emotion free trading mentality, to see these patters come together and price move exactly as we predict is exciting to say the least. “Prophetic!” For me money is an after thought to this form of trading.

Other than the previous books mentioned, has there been other educational material that has attributed to you getting to where you are today with trading? I know you make mention of babypips as your initial starting point, but just wondering if other things assisted you along the way.

Don’t start playing WoW again. That slight craving to play again should remind your of the hours of grinding that contributed to a large amount of time being wasted in life. lol let making money be your opiate… not WoW.

Gracias Para Todo Amigo;
Saludos
Eric

After the first one failed to complete itself fully, it created another pattern. Lets see if this one completes itself. The number one thing is to never give up on a trade. I took 30 pips from the first one and I plan to take 30 pips from this one.

Lets see how it works out!!!