45 Pips Per Day System Eur/usd

Does this changing from 4 hr to 1 hr parabolic work well only on EURO or does it also work on all pairs? What if the 4 hr and 1 hr begin by going in opposite directions? You can’t trade it then? Please let me know. thanks

Hi,
I downloaded the parabolic alert file but not sure how to use it. Can somebody help please? I’m still very new to all this.

hi james this is Felix
james one year ago you gave send the group this file can you explain it to us in the room this week , the part of the diffrent strategies in the minor and the major trends

i attached the file
thanks james
Felix

Hello All,

I have just stumbled upon this on the weekend (real credit crisis time) bad timing I know, but demo ran it today, with nice results 515 pips, maybe lots of beginners luck on the strength of the USD during the EST morning, but the signals indicated it. However this is trading news candles, which i see is not recommended, in the babypisp schooling and on this thread.

So my question - Are people still actively using this system - from the original post from James ?

Cheers

Thanks Codybear, so it seems you moved onto another system. I read this thread in detail and noticed you were quite active. Have you moved onto another system (perhaps also documented on this forum) that you could recommend.

Cheers

codybear, would you mind sharing your scalping method? I’ve come to the conclusion that I feel more comfortable scalping also. I’m looking for a method that I could trade around my work schedule(1100 - 1200 GMT, 2100 - 0300 GMT).

Thanks for your assistance

Hello James, I have emailed you ref joining your group but had no reply. Junk box issue maybe. Look foward to hearing from you soon.

zipster31

Hello everyone, does anyone have an alert for this system to work on metatrader. Great system trading 2 moths with it, thinking on going live soon.

please feel free to post the charts of a demo trade… thanks, :slight_smile:

I am thinking of going with this strat. also. I will be doing the 4H, 1H Psar only per TennPips post. I love the action of the shorter TFs but I lose my you-know-what every time. I think I tried this very early on when James 1st posted it but the 30M TF and not seeing if there was a decided trend faked me out. “If at first you don’t succeed, blah, blah blah etc.” Thanks all and if I can manually do well with this then I will try TennPips alert as I don’t mind hanging around the house until the NY mkt slows down in mid-afternoon. d.

I assume both TennPips and Huispan use no other indicators unlike the original that used MACD - correct?

Using the 4H & 1H strat. today on the EUR/Chf I grabbed 126 pips. I started scaling in @ 1.4915 and 3 trades later got stopped out @ 1.5008. One loser for -23, SL too tight at that time. As soon as I learn how to load the alert indicator I look forward to some good trading yet being desk free. The only worrisome thing about the alert is that by waiting for a PSAR reversal one might give back too many pips. We shall see. Thanks again to you both, d.

crap - I bailed out too early as the pr went to 1.5200 and I missed another 192 pips. Not that I’m unhappy with +123 but +315 would have been a lot nicer. Oh well, other trades await I’m sure. d.

TennPips,

Could you please tell us what S/L you are using for your approach? Which of the 11 pairs have you found success with? Also, what are are PSAR settings and do you only use the PSAR indicator alone when placing your trades with the 4H/1H method? tIA! :slight_smile:

thanks for the indicator.

Good Pipin Dobro! :wink:

Could you (TennPips or Huispan) please tell us the Psar settings that you are using? TIA! :slight_smile:

I use default. But my personality needs more action so I’m looking at other strategies too. d.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this.

I decided to go with this system also and I just want to say that you should be very careful with the Parabolic SAR indicator as it’s not the same on all platforms. I use IBFX and Oanda for live trading and I tested the system on both platforms.

Few days ago when I started with this system I had both platforms opened to see how the Parabolic SAR behaves.

I like to call the long dots (below) the uptrend and the short dots (above) the downtrend just to make it all more trader-friendly. The downtrend was about to end and the MT4 was still showing the upper dots while on Oanda an uptrend dot appeared and I went long immediately. Looked like Oanda was a bit faster in spotting the “trend” and that made me +pips. Just after the third dot appeared on Oanda, the first one appeared on MT4. So I was like, yes man!

Yesterday the MT4 was showing a downtrend and then the opposite dot appeared on Oanda so I thought I’ll go long. I was wrong because Oanda draw an uptrend in the middle of the downtrend so I was like surprised and not so excited anymore. Good thing is I don’t use SL/TP and the Parabolic SAR on the MT4 just started with the uptrend so a bit of falling went back up and I still made profit. If I was to watch only MT4, I would’ve been good and if I was to watch only Oanda, I would’ve been bad because I would get scared and end the trade with a loss but looking at the MT4 at the same time I knew it was just a little retracement so I left the trade and I made pips.

I took a screenshot of the situation and rounded it in a Paint, please take a look at it.

Notice how the price went down dramatically and according to Oanda the uptrend started so if you went long that very moment the dot appeared and closed the position at the OPEN PRICE of the candle before it, you would’ve been profiting BUT it’s very difficult to know WHEN to get out of the trade. You would’ve thought the uptrend was about to continue so if you stayed in the trade (just like me) it would mean a loss. But luckily I was also watching the MT4 so I knew there was something fishy about the Oanda chart and I stayed in the trade and went out positive.

So there’s the proof about Parabolic SAR not being accurate on all platforms or even accurate at all BUT is it really inaccurate?

If you look at the history of a Parabolic SAR on a MT4 you can see that if you go in a trade on the first dot and out on the last dot (the first dot of the opposite direction) you would always go out with a profit but in the mean time there would be some swinging up and down and if that doesn’t scare you, with a big equity you’re safe in my opinion.

And is the Oanda really inaccurate? Can both Parabolic SAR settings be accurate at the same time while showing different results? I think YES and I don’t know what settings are used on both platforms but it looks like the MT4 is showing a bigger picture while the Oanda shows smaller bits in between. So by looking at both platforms at the same time, you can make even more money by taking advantage of the retraces which Oanda is showing.

That’s just my opinion.

two things… 1) no system works 100% and 2) that was no retracement… it was non-farm employment change, unemployment rate that caused that.
Remember not to trade any systems when important news come out.

If that was a result of a NFP shouldn’t the candles go up?

News releases , especially NFP, can make price movement very chaotic. I watched the GBP/USD on this last NFP release and it went directly opposite of what would be expected, in other words the USD got very strong in the minutes following. That is one of the reasons trading the news is not recommended. Later that afternoon, the USD finally got weaker and the GBP/USD went in the expected direction. Results of news are not always instantaneous. Good luck in your trading.:slight_smile:
Jim