45 Pips Per Day System Eur/usd

I found this indicator for MT4 that has the Macd Histogram with two lines. Unzip this file into the directory below, then restart Metatrader and add the indicator from the custom indicators below. I am trying to code or find someone to code this system for MT4 and I will upload it when I have it.

C:\Program Files\StrategyBuilderFX 4\experts\indicators

iMACD.zip (1017 Bytes)

In the met4 indicator section, go to custom and look for [real macd]. It will have the two lines. I had the same problem also. Searched around and found it. I also added a MA at 21. It seems to gives alittle extra confermation.

Thanks very much for your help guys.

Cheers.

saab 87, looking for macd real on custom indicators (MT4) cannot find it? can you elaborate. Thanks

Jim, I see that you don’t use stops with the EUR/USD trade. This isn’t a negative in any way but, can you tell us why you elected to do this trade w/o stops? I’m just curious. Bob

You can use the indicator that I uploaded a few posts above this one :smiley:

I downloaded to MT4 and it shows up in Custom Indicator Window, but when I attach it to chart it shows it being there but it does not show any data. What am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance

Was your Metatrader connected and we’re you logged in? Somtimes mine doesn’t so I chave to choose login from the dropdown box. Also, we’re any of your other indicators moving since the market just started moving around 6pm. What time did you try it and is it still a problem now?

James,
I have had decent success with your system but I have also been burned a couple of times going against the main trend. Do you look at any other time frames to determine the trend or do you just take every signal as it comes?
Thanks,
George

Hey topgun thanks in advance for your help. Here is process I use to try and upload to my MT4. I save from posts to desktop then. I open program and then go thru new custom indicator. I do not add any parameters or any other info. Then I shut dowm MT4 and restart. It always shows in the custom indicators but nothing happens. It also attaches to chart but again nothing happes. Window stays blank.

I never added them that way. I just copy them to the [B]“C:\Program Files\StrategyBuilderFX 4\experts\indicators” [/B]folder and then drag the from the custom indicators drop dowb box on the left over to the chart and everything works fine. Also, when you add them this way they will prompt you for any parameters that are needed. Try it this way and let me know if it works.

Topgun

Hi Badboy
I dont use stops as such because i am normally at the desk all the time but i use mental stops if price moves the other way you can see easy on a 30 min chart you have plenty of time.or set up some Ma’s With alarms.

To TOPGUN

the answer to your question is yes it cant work all the time i let it run unless its near a big news event.

Jim

got it working thanks again

Can someone help me with the chart I have attached? I am using Forex.com’s charts. Do I need to be using something else? I have access to Esignal charts as well. Looking at this chart, is there a buy signal? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

forex screen shot.bmp (720 KB)

That meets the criteria for an entry but it will probabaly hit resistance at 3112. You can use whatever charts you like best. I personally use Metatrader for my charts and Oanda for my broker. Good Luck!

Topgun

James,

Great system… makes sense and gives enough signals to trade accurately. Thanks for sharing this…

Have you ever thought about automating this? Since it only deals with one currency pair and you are not opening multiple trades at one time, this would be great as an EA.

You could set it up so it closes and reopens in the opposite direction after the cross of the EMAs [B]AND[/B] the first or second bar signalling the trend for the Parabolic SAR.

I would be more than happy to test such an EA if we can get a programmer to code this in MT4.

Let me know either reply back or can email me at boydintlcorp @ Yahoo

Thanks, Great work!

Theo

There is a programmer on this site who wrote an EA for this but he is testing it right now. He told me that he will upload it when he’s done testing it soon.

Topgun

Top Gun,

Thanks… I think this as an EA would be killer. Please let the programmer know that I am available to test it as well if needed.

Since this system uses the MACD indicator, it was discussed over at Forexclarity.com, that the standard MT4 MACD indicator that comes with the software is prone to errors and that Nick over at Forexclarity posted a corrected MACD indicator.

His posted MACD is named “MACD No Histogram” which is attached.

Just thought you guys/gals may want to know.

Thanks
Theo

See attachment

I am using another custom MACD indicator that I also uploaded in this thread a few pages back that I really like. I can’t wait until he uploads this Indicator for us to use. Oops, I just realized I said he made an EA when I meant he created a custom indicator. Sorry about that. He created the custom indicator for the Cowabunga system which I get emails on my cell phone every night for :slight_smile: . Currently I trade this system when the Cowabunga gets triggered since the GBP & EUR are so correlated that they usually move up & down together. I then have MT4 email my phone when the 5 & 10 EMA’s cross to signal an exit.

Dam, I missed the entry for this system at 8am this morning because I was already in a trade. It would’ve generated 50 pips so far with no closure in site yet :slight_smile: .

I’d like to thank James again for this simple, yet effective system.

Topgun