45 Pips Per Day System Eur/usd

Thanks mate. I thought that a few candles wouldn’t matter, but would be keen to hear what Jim does.
Thanks for your post.

Hi Topchess,
Did you write the codes for the TS for VT ?
Is it possible to change the settings for MACD, I tried but it does not allow it.
Can you write the code so it can be manually changed to any setting of MACD ?
regards, Shabs

Hello everyone,

Thank you James for this TS:) . I have had some success with it but, I have noticed that is does not preform well in a ranging market. There are often opposing signals close together in a flat trend. What method(s) work well for determining the overall trend for this system? I am looking for a solution to ignoring buy signals in a down trend and sell signals in an up trend.

Thanks
Regards

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for posting the system James. Looks easy to understand and implement. I do have a few questions I hope you can help with.

1: Do you exit the trade only when a reversal is indicated by both indicators or when either of the two indicators change? For example if in a long trade would you close the trade only when both SAR and MACD have changed or as soon as one or the other changes and no longer signals a long trade?

2: I’ve noticed the PSAR indicator can change during the formation of a candle. Do you take trades during the formation of a candle or wait for the candle to complete and only then take the trade if one is indicated?

3: I live in Australia and for that reason I am able to trade the London morning session but the US session is during the dead of night here and due to work I can’t trade it often. Have you done any testing on the profitability of the system during the London session?

4: (Last one I promise!) Have you done any testing incorporating a trailing stop? A trailing stop may allow for the gaining of pips over the US session whilst I am not physically able to trade it.

Cheers,
PKFFW

James

How much does your lot need to be to generate �10 per pip for you. Could you mention levereging you use if any.

thanks

Pom

Please help a newbie. I am learning forex and using different charting programs in order to see which one I like the best. James, thanks for the system, I’m really anxious to test it out. However, could someone please tell me if it is possible to receive an e-mail alert for this TS through VT? I’d prefer to send to my cell phone, which I do understand that I am sending to an e-mail address.

Thanks!!!:smiley:

Hi!

First post to this very informative and friendly forum.

Newbie trading live very soon, I am very interested in this method and would like to ask the traders using real money accounts how well this particular system has proven itself so far.

Thanking everyone here for all the helpful setup information within your posts!

Happy Trading!

A few months ago I was going to use VT but I decided not to because they don’t have the option to send alerts to email yet :mad:. Metatrader is complicated at first but it’s awesome once you get use to it.

Topgun

I have had good success with it but key is to know when your in a ranging or trending market. I try to look at the longer term trend on the 4 hour chart and use ADX to confirm a trend. ADX > 20 trending, ADX > 40 strong trend.

Topgun

Hello everyone,

This is my first post which makes me a newbie. wooohooo!!! I have been following this thread for a while now, however I can not figure out how to get the 2 lines on the MACD chart so that I can see when it crosses in metatrader. Could someone please help me with this before I pull my hair out… :eek:

Thanks Topgun. I have had limited experience with Metatrader. Do they have a tutorial or a little walkthrough?

Thanks Topgun for sharing your experience.

I have to say that your posts throughout these forums have helped me tremendously, setting up the indicators in MT as well. Cannot thank you enough!

I am on a quest for KISS trading strategies(Keep It Simple System), as I have reviewed a few systems that were just seeming overwhelming to me as a beginner trader, where a gazillion different indicators are needed to confirm a trade… I am searching thru different forums right now (thanks for your preferred list in another post you made :slight_smile: ) I understand it is all about comfort levels and profit potential when building your own strategies, and am searching my own. The school here and forums, and members, are sooooo helpful!

Take care

Thanks Hobbit

Following your insight and Topgun’s, I will trade this system with an eye on ADX on the 4hr chart.

:slight_smile:

Something that might help your entry decision is to take a look at what the last couple of candles look like.
If you have a James set up shaping up and the last candle has a long wick, then that might help you to decied to take the trade. engulfing candles, spining tops, hammers, hangingman, there a a lot of formations if youll take the time to learn then, then when your strat gives you a signal you can have more confidence in the trade.

I like this system, I think it works well enough in any market. I believe youl end up finding that its main fault is in a trending market. Because in a trend you always have those retracements that may give you a signal in opposite direction. So keep a eye on those higher timeframes for whats happening.

I have a rule in my plan that says once in profit dont let the trade go against your. so I lock in 1 pip as soon as possible. I used to lock in B/E but I hate not making anything on a trade I was once up on.

Thanks James

Has anyone been able to come up with a way to use cell phone alerts with
James’ system?

Ybop01 wrote a metatrader indicator for this system which is on page 5 of this thread. It doesn’t send an email alert but I might just add one in myself when I get the change. I basically have an alert sent to me when the 5EMA crosses the 10EMA which is usually pretty close to when this system triggers. OnceI’m in a trade I usually exit when those two moving averages cross the other way or the system generates an entry in the other direction.

Topgun

That’s great advice Droesparky. There’s nothing better than when you see a nice hammer forming at the 200MA on the daily or 4 hour chart after a big downward trend :slight_smile: . Then you just wait for the 30minute chart to reverse and your almost guaranteed those 45 pips that James designed the system for (even though we all know there’s no such thing as a guarantee in forex). I might try your 1 pip instead of BE method since I usually have countles trades end up at BE. I try tp pick a target of like 20-30 pips then when that is cleanly broken through then I trail my stop to it to lock in something but not put it too close where I’ll’ miss the big move. Some trades can go days before the 5 & 10EMA cross so I love that as an exit point plus it’s easy to notify me on my cell phone.

Edit: Check out the awesome shooting start on the weekly chart. The last shooting star at this level dropped 500 pips in one week even though it was in Jan 05.

Topgun

Thanks Droesparky

I am sorry to say I need some translation:

• Can you explain " I lock in 1pip" ? I am not understanding the concept
  • What does B/E stand for?

:confused:
Take care

Good morning Topgun

I tried finding that MT indicator but the one you mention is for VT. I went thru several pages around that with no luck so far

No luck either trying to get the MT charts to show candles instead of bars! It is driving me nuts… I went into properties, tried switching thr bars and lines, that works fine but it will not give me candles :mad:
I am thinking that my chart maybe showing too many days back perhaps? I just cannot find the solution on my own it seems … can anyone help a poor trader in distress?? :o

Also, as you may see in the previous post I am not understanding the 1pip vs BE method you guys are talking about. I need a crash course in pro jargon!

Learning learning learning :cool:

Happy Monday trading!

PS: nice weather break this weekend wasn’t it? (I am kind of a neighbor in WV - nice to feel like summer day yesterday!)

B/E = Breakeven on the trade.
Lock in 1 pip = Means you earned 1 pip on the trade (after the spread is accounted for).

Essentially I pay a 1.5 spread on Oanda for the EUR/USD so once the trade moves 20-30 pips in my favor I will move my Stop Loss to the same price that I entered at so it will be a FREE trade (hence b/e - Breakeven). Droesparky moves his Stop Loss 1 pip past where he entered so he is automatically making 1 pip and not settling for breakeven money which I might do too because breaking even when your up 20-30pips sucks but it is a common occurance in FX if you want to ride a nice trend that it and not get stopped out by whipsaws.

Whipsaws = When the price shoots against you and hits your Stop Loss because it was too close to the current price, then it takes off in your direction and all you can do is watch since you’ve already been stopped out :mad: .

Note: The trade has to move 1.5 pips in your favor just to get to breakeven because of the spread.

Topgun