$50000 Challenge

Hi All,

Hope the positions i gave this morning made you some money.

Post any questions you may have on the blog or leave your contact details for latest updates and my daily positions.

Will the challenge be won the public consensus remains unchanged:
28.5% (Yes), 57.1% (No), 14.28% (Not sure)

Those that have placed trades all trades are not expected to yield profits its the resultant of the group.

There were profit opportunities earlier I hope you closed at that opportunity my trades are still open.

Will the challenge be won the public consensus says:
27.27% (Yes), 59.09% (No), 13.63% (Not sure)

Will the challenge be won the public consensus says:
25% (Yes), 58.3% (No), 16.6% (Not sure)

Trades remain the same as yesterday…

Will the challenge be won the public consensus at this point is:
25% (Yes), 58.3% (No), 16.6% (Not sure)

1:44 am GMT Those who traded my positions today would have made reasonable profit however I will hold my positions.

News:

1. Obama’s 1st presidential visit to Downing Street, London.
  2. G-20 Meet in London today.
  3. Protestors gather.

My opinion:

1. This may effect the model being used for the $50,000 challenge in particular EUR/GBP spread.

24% (Yes), 60% (No), 16% (Not sure)

Hope you made a reasonable profit from the EUR/GBP spread as anticipated.

24% (Yes), 60% (No), 16% (Not sure)

Thoses that followed my outlook earlier would have made reasonable profits.

Have you voted yet ?

26.9% (Yes), 57.6% (No), 15.5% (Not sure)

You may change your votes at anytime.

Although the model produced profitable positions there was no profit taking the positions…

26.9% (Yes), 57.6% (No), 15.3% (Not sure)

Unfortunately the system has not broken even yet and remains below the $50,000 after 3 days of trading.

Thanks for those who continue to vote.

As I have been rolling over my positions I am having to hedge some of those positions further to wind-down negative p/l.

Balance:
$49,924

Equity:
$47,001

Current Performance
-9.6%

26.9% (Yes), 57.6% (No), 15.3% (Not sure)

[B]Note:[/B] The performance can be in a better position however I am limiting my positions to daily recommendations provided by the system as much as possible, rather than intraday intervention; however intraday intervention may occur occasionally.

I think we will have to agree to disagree, unless of course you are purely scalping. I have found that i need to have a pip value that would take 2500 pips to double my account. What this means is that for every $1000 in your account, your pip value needs to be $.40.

This allows my trade enough room to breath, and maintain some semblance of money management.

25.9% (Yes), 59.2% (No), 14.8% (Not sure)

Day 5

Yesterday had been a negative P/L day after closing some positions that were rolled-over

27.5% (Yes), 58.6% (No), 13.7% (Not sure) :wink:

27.5% (Yes), 58.6% (No), 13.7% (Not sure)

Update:
10.28 am GMT The markets are extremely volatile as the G-20 meet in what is being dubbed the New World Order. The system is holding out however in negative p/l.

This week has been a volatile week as predicted and part of a sideway price channel on most of the major currencies which is likely to continue.

The model has been quite disturbed by the uncertainty of the market due perhaps to the G-20 meeting in London, UK but has held out quite nicely considering its managing 7 highly volatile pairs. However there was quite a bit of extra hedging going on to try and manage extensive risk due to rolling over positions.

The $50,000 has diminished to $45,441 and likely to finish lower by the end of the day.

The performance in line w/ the 30 day expectation is also lower at around -13.7%, so the model has its work cut out.

Trades will be published on Sunday around 11 pm GMT for Monday session, to which I am not responsible for any losses that you may incur, however I would suggest you place them together around 12.30 a.m GMT.

Will the challenge be won the public consensus is:
27% (Yes), 60% (No), 13% (Not sure)

25% (Yes), 59% (No), 16% (Not sure)

This weeks positions have been published, and currently in profit. Goto you know where.

For those of you that placed my positions will be in reasonable profit by now.

25% (Yes), 59% (No), 16% (Not sure)