80-90% Traders Fail, 80-90% Trading Education is Pure Price Action is that a coincidence?

I’m here to disrupt your thinking.

Those that will listen will do well.

Now, unfortunately thanks to the birth of social media, it is easier than ever to portray something and package it as a good deal.

Approx. 80-90% of education online is pure price action.

I have my theory as to why that is.

I believe the majority of new traders want to believe it really is simplified trading and easier.

This narrative runs through the core of Instagram with rented sports cars, yachts and flash watches.

The focus is on

• Simple trading systems
  • Luxury lifestyle

Making it as attractive as possible to new and unsuspecting traders.

If 80- 90% of the education out there is pure price action and around 80-90% of new traders fail

Is this a coincidence? I don’t think so…

An open minded trader is an improving trader.

Just like in life, if you are closed minded how can you learn?

If you don’t know why listen to yourself?

In my opinion it’s called ego, we all have it.

It’s what makes us competitive and motivated.

But the ego can be a demon in disguise.

When we are told something we do not like to hear or read there are two types of people those that;

• Go on the offensive / defensive stance
  • Listen and remain open minded as to why what is being said may be true

The first point is very common, no one likes to be told they do not know as much as what they first thought.

This hurts pride and it means you have to admit to yourself perhaps you are wrong, wasting time and that you may need to start again.

The first step to evolution and improvement is admission.

What stops you admitting you may be wrong, your pride and ego.

My point is, be aware that trading cannot be dumbed down for trading success but the approach can be dumbed down to attract new traders. Be Careful

5 Likes

Forex trading is not about being unlucky or lucky, it’s about being consistent in profit making over years. So forget about luck, focus on attaining knowledge and skills.

Most systems are indicator based and these are lagging so always behind, however can still work. If the mindset is not right you wont be successful. Simple

Hi @CraigForex2020
Who ever told you this is stating the obvious and is highlighting their inexperience with trading.

Indicators are plotted using historical data so they are lagging by default.

Indicators are not used for prediction, they are used to build your probability through a sequence of conditions being met.

Trading, like poker and a game of football has an uncertain outcome.

That’s why probability runs through the core of speculation and trading the financial markets.

Agree with that!

Focus on understanding that to be a successful trader you need to get the odds on your side consistently to see a consistent return.

That’s not a “theory” - that’s a conjecture !

1 Like

Your numbers are wrong ! - Way more than 90% fail to make any real profits at all.

Mate I’ve been doing this 20 odd years - the numbers always were the same - 95% + lose money - and in those days “Price action” was almost unheard of. :wink:

1 Like

Just look at any brokers clients losing money statistic.

It’s around 80%

Definition of Theory

An idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action

That’s where the lie is - as you say the Brokers claim 80%

iN THE LAST 3 MONTHS !

Now what happened to the 80% who lost money in the 3 months before - And the 3 months before that - and the 3 months before that ?

They drop out of the “Broker’s Statistics” - because they did not trade in “This 3 months” - but they are still in the percentage who fail !

I don’t know (because you didn’t say) where exactly you are getting that “definition” from - but I invite you to ponder that Einstein’s

e=mc2 + C

Is a “theory” and clearly is far stronger than your “definition”

Now when you published your “conjecture” - I gave s0me evidence as to it’s unlikeliness to account for your “observations”

to wit;

And

Both of which you simply fail to consider - hence I suggest your “Conjecture” is unlikely to progress even to a “Hypothesis” - which you could then perhaps develop some actual “evidence” for. and after some time when trading your “Hypothesis” in demo for example proved to be profitable over a period of time - you could tentatively advance it in your own mind to a “theory”.

And some years later after accumulating significant evidence and a track record - then by all means call it a “theory”

Just an observation - that it is often advisable to wonder why - if we have so many words of increasing weight for an “idea” - why jump straight to the strongest one - leaving the appropriate ones unused and devaluing the one you have used ?

I suggest all our readers consider this as advice for consideration in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Why are you quoting a scientific theory definition when ‘theory’ has more than on finite definition?

I invite you to be more thorough before attempting a ‘gotcha’ post

The evidence of data on losing traders is around 80% I couldn’t care less if it rolls over every 3 months that’s the data that is available, to the public, right now.

Got the evidence from 2000 the numbers were the same to back up your point?

AND THAT - is the real reason why 95-98 % of retail traders fail !

They just believe uncritically what they are told ! :rofl:

I bid you good-day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well that is almighty fail in making a clear point?

No forthcoming evidence from your facts yet I backed all of mine.

Weird how you want to close down the thread once I asked you for evidence isn’t it.

2 Likes

Those capable of reasonable thought and discussion will make their own minds up :slightly_smiling_face:

You clearly are not - so why would I waste my time ?

1 Like

Falstaff the guy is just touting for clients ! See his other threads.

2 Likes

AH i see ! - He’s wanting Mug - money to follow him then :rofl:

THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT

@Johnny1974

SO Yous newbies - JUst learn to think for yourselves !

You can see how easy it is to out-think these dumbwits !

BUT - to trade this environment - the odds are NOT in your favour - you have to out-think those of us who “just trade” ( like Johnny and ME ! )- as well as those

Wanting you to pay them unearned money ! - for rubbish like this thread is founded upon !

I wish you all the best :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ego may hold us back from admitting our mistakes in most cases.
About 80-90% traders fail and about 80-90% education is price action based. The question is whether there is any relation or not. I believe there is absolutely no relation at all. If you dig into traders’ failure, you will see 95% traders jump into live trading too early. They do not learn,do not practice but start live trading. They lose money and confidence. A very few of them come back strong. Most of them never return.

Posting in a forum for new clients? Don’t be soft.

I’m sick of people pretending to dish out info on trading without the knowledge that’s why I’m here to help the newbies from people like you who doesn’t have a clue about successful trading.

Name calling now?

I tell you what you point out where I can see your proof trading success and I’ll point out where you can view mine yeah?

Then we’ll see who is full of rubbish won’t we?