A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

I have a pending short on AUDUSD. On the 30 minute time frame price is below the 60 and 30 minute moving averages, below the 50% MFI and no significant economic events until tonight. Entry is between 62 and 50% level (Green), Stop loss is at 75% retrace level (red) and Take profit is back to 0 on retrace (gold)

EUR/NZD bounced back from bottom trend-line, retracing about 150 pips of its former dropā€¦

My long is taking shape nicelyā€¦

Nice analysis. I have an exit earlier on Aud/Usd but I couldnā€™t trade anymore on this pair. 1 of my rules is never trade the instruments if there are 80 pips gain on DAILY.

Good Luck.

+1 thatā€™s one of the strategies for long term success. Make solid rules to trade by and always follow them; even itā€™s no fun.
Best Wishes and Continued Success
Gp

Well guys my Aussie short is holding. +44 pips up for now. Aussie should head lower I believe to around 0.8889 I am only looking at 0.8900. The FED appears to have gone mad. Got battered on my NOK position GBP higher moved on the pair, mainly because of NOK weaknesses.

Gone long AUD/NZD looks like a 5th wave up but one must be on my guard looking for 1.1415 on this pair. (My first serious analysis on this pair Pipme).

Serious volume coming on on GBP/USD guessing more USD strength but could be Sterling making a come back after it becomes clear that Scotland may not leave the union (After a saw a Sky news headline in Charing Cross promoting fear that Scots will pay higher phone charges). The weekly chart suggests that Sterling will make a big come back.

Not long to go on the Scottish vote, one of my friends who is half Scottish says she wants an end to the Unionā€¦ Pretty close to call it will be.

How is everyoneā€™s trading at mid-week point?

Hi Emerald ā€¦good job!

Re-entered Aud/Nzd pre-RBNZ rate decision (after my previous long) to continue cashing inā€¦Up 60 pips alreadyā€¦ Aud employment data expected to be strong tonight (2.30am GMT+1), so I will leave the long in placeā€¦

:slight_smile:

Gp00053: are you doing ok by your Aud/Usd short?

I tried to stay awake but, half an hour before the Aussie employment data, I fell asleepā€¦

Result? My long is up 100 pipsā€¦ See the

chart:

Happy days, and

Happy Trading!!

ā€¦and the NZD continues getting hammered downā€¦

That is the NZD/USD daily chartā€¦ My short

is 200 pips in profitā€¦

My EUR/NZD long-term trade has gone from

-300 to -78 in the last 48 hoursā€¦

The only Kiwi short that is resistant (and has stalled under

87.50, again) is NZD/JPYā€¦

If you were awake you would have seen pips just coming in within seconds without any hesitation Pipmehappy :59:

I went down with NZD against USD couple of times waiting for some correction to go in again. I think this pair is headed for a downtrend until dollar rally dies down.

Would you just look at this EUR/NZD 4hr chart!!

I am short AUS/USD, going well so far up +89 pips. I have been short that pair since Tuesday. Like I said I aiming fir 0.8900 at least still think it will go to 0.8889.

Closed my AUD/NZD long. It retraced back almost to entry, decided to get out at break even and sit it out and see what happens. FxPro AUDNZD h4 rt6wn | cTrader

Beauty!!! You go Pipā€¦ The market has to pay up.

Hello EMerald!

I had re-entered my AUD/NZD long after my first one, but it retraced (like yours)ā€¦ and made 3 pips!!

I have entered a third timeā€¦ :slight_smile:

What other trades do you have on, Emerald?

xxx

Is the FTSE100, the Financial Times & (London) Stock Exchange index (also traded as ā€˜UK100ā€™), due for a reversal?

Looking at past price for the last fifteen or so years, one has to take notice of the fact that there has been a cyclic ā€˜boom and bustā€™ in equities, with a peak every seven-eight years and always around (+/- 100 pips) the 6,800 level: in the 1999 - 2001, for example, compression of price around this level was followed by a steep decline of about 3,500 pips in the ā€œ.comā€ tech market crash; in 2007 - 2008, another 3k - 3.5k pip crash followed, also from the supply level around 6,800.

Given the 7 - 8 year cycle, this takes us to 2014 - 2015, and we are already seeing the FTSE100 price compressing against the 6,800 level: indeed, it has been twelve months of price accumulating around this levelā€¦ The question that everybody will ask is: what will be the catalyst for capital flight and the next collapse to the 3,000s ? Will it be a ā€˜Yesā€™ vote in the Scotland independence referendum? Will it be NATOā€™s intervention in Ukraine? What will it be and when?

25 pips in the moneyā€¦ (I will not tell you what my negative rollover is so far :p, but that is what you pay
for buying against a strong currency)!!

Could be Scottish Independenceā€¦ Just pulling your legā€¦ It seems like something big is about to happen in all the markets, oil is due for a reversal, Gold is at that Low that could stimulate safe haven buying in the form of a reversal. USD has built some serious momentum, it did a new high against the Krone, equities are boiling over with NASDAQ and S&P 500 all doing new highs. Bond yields are rising on U.S T Notes at the moment even though they are historically quite low.

I canā€™t help thinking it is a new age of prosperity on horizon (the next boom) or the end of the world as we know it. Although sector rotation seems to indicate we are at the start of an early expansion phase with tech stocks leading. Watch out for energy stocks at this point it is time to cut and runā€¦

Sector rotation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello Emeraldā€¦ I agreeā€¦ It is a big week for all Majorsā€¦ Something is on the horizon but nobody knows when it will hit, of courseā€¦ I hope your Aud/Usd short will be getting you loads of dosh :wink:

Yes +160 pips up on that trade at the moment. Looking at 0.8830 lows.

Okay, Gold broke on rising volume going lower. So my guess is 1182.
The USD looks to be on a role.

Look at those rising bond yields, investors donā€™t care about Bonds at present.So it is risk on definitely. I would watch the S&P 500 and NASDAQ closely for a big move.

A few pairs are consolidating with my and eye on the EUR. Still looking short.

Agreed!

Splendid news for your Aussie short!! Do you trail stops or move them manually?

My EUR/NZD is now nearly at +100 pipsā€¦ and my NZD/USD short is around +260 pipsā€¦ The NZD/JPY short is finally unblocking its stalled momentum and falling in with the rest, currently moving toward positive territory (now around -100 pips).

If my Eur/Nzd technicals were accurate, this baby
is going to go on for a few more hundred pips, and make up for the trade cost (=a horrendous negative rollover):

Ouchā€¦ got stopped out on EUR/NZD at 2.7 pips in profitā€¦

Rollover: Ā£ -44

I will re-enter on the next dip. :slight_smile: