A picture is worth

Found the cost of WWII

adjusted for inflation approximately 4 trillion. But that’s only the U.S. portion. Much more than that worldwide.

on the positive side…

we don’t have to speak German or Japanese, or wear a towel on our heads and bow to Mecca five times a day unless you just want to.

And of course the satisfaction of smokin a camel.

edit:
Now that I’m on a roll, it may be a good time to respond to the paypal’s response to my complaint to the better business bureau. Something eloquent yet scathing.

sig__________________________
[I]paypal is a scam[/I]

A standard size American football field 120 yards long, by 50 yards wide for scale.

Well since you asked for it. he has a website. A whois search finds the address and google maps does the rest. Of course we have to rely on the accuracy of google maps. I wonder sometimes if they have the correct house numbers but at least it’s the right street. Nice sunny sky. Don’t think I’d like living in a desert though.

Does the phrase ‘let sleeping dogs lie’ mean anything to you??? LOL!!!

As Master Tang noted to somebody the other day: “let’s hope that’s ALL that follows you here”.

Regards,

Dale.

Think I should delete it? :smiley: heck! my house is almost as big as that one.

Here’s a picture of mine. It doesn’t look like much on the outside but it’s nicer inside. And my truck…

Aurora over Iceland, caused by this week’s intense solar storm.
(photo and caption: Photo-Blog at msnbc.com)

Jonina Oskarsdottir captured this picture of the northern lights over Faskrudsfjordur, Iceland.
“No words can describe the experience of the northern lights tonight,” Oskarsdottir told SpaceWeather.com.
She used a Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera to take the shot, with a Canon 14mm f/2.8L USM II lens set for ISO 1600 …and a 1-second exposure.

The most beautiful river in the world

Sorry if this picture has already been shared.

It shows how easy it is for the media to manipulate us.

Just want to comment on what chris83 said on page 1, “These pics always brings tears to me eyes, whenever i doubdt the pressence of US and UK forces in Irak and Afghanistan I just look here and remember what we are doing.”

They aren’t there for this, it’s totally different agenda. New World Order. It’s not a bunch of conspiracy theories. It’s the fact that we aren’t exposed to, sadly.

What river is it and where?
:slight_smile:

It is Caño Cristales or the Five Colors’ river because the algae that lives in it. :slight_smile:

Queen Elizabeth checks her GBP/USD charts.

Or perhaps she caught a glimpse of her own reflection…

Space Art

The dunes of Mars — NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter is monitoring these dunes in Aonia Terra
for fresh features such as gullies, which form over the Martian winter due to the action of carbon dioxide frost.
This picture was acquired in January and released on Feb. 22. (NASA/JPL/University of Arizona)

Beautiful blob — Astrophotographer Adam Block’s image of the planetary nebula Abell 31, 2,000 light-years from Earth,
is based on 21 hours’ worth of observations using the 32-inch Schulman Telescope at the Mount Lemmon SkyCenter in Arizona
during December 2011 and January 2012. Hydrogen emissions are shown in red, and oxygen emissions in blue.
The shells of glowing gas are being thrown off by a dying star. (Adam Block / Mt. Lemmon Sky Center / Univ. of Ariz.)

I love albatrosses. They fly from pole to pole and can soar for weeks at a time.

A farmer carries cucumbers from his field to sell in the markets in the northern Indian city of Allahabad on March 22.
India’s inflation rose faster than expected in February, due in part to a spike in vegetable prices.

Talk about inflation!!
this is a pic and a headline from my local news paper.

And suddenly qualifying 25th didn’t seem quite so bad!

Good morning, ST

I knew that picture would bring you out of hiding.

Lol. It’s not so much in hiding as just spread very thin - I have been renovating a house in Cornwall for the past couple of weeks, and had limited internet access down there, have had a fair bit of work ongoing at our home, then was in Buckinghamshire visiting my father’s new home which is similarly rural and kept me offline, then at the end of this week we go out to Portugal for a couple of weeks with the kids for Easter. We have installed a wireless network out there, though - didn’t fancy two weeks without trading! - so I should be more regular from now on.

I have been lurking on your politics thread, some interesting stuff which I won’t go into on this one.

And I did get to see the Malaysian GP at the weekend, Ferrari seem as disorganized as ever early season, in spite of getting the win.

Hope that you have been well and will drop in on your politics thread, I have been following the US voting with interest.

As for general trading posts, there seems to be a prevelant new guard on BP at the moment who like to cover most bases. Two years in I’m a redundant old hand all of a sudden!!