About the Beginner Questions category

This forum is for forex beginners. If you are new to forex and have a question, this is the best place to ask it. If you’re looking to learn forex, get your training and education at the School of Pipsology.

129 Likes

Any ideas on the best platforms to practice on? From the UK

25 Likes

Is a signal to buy USDJPY the same as a signal to sell JPYUSD? (the signalfinder I’ve been using has these pairs in the reverse order of the pairs on my iPhone Metatrader). Thank you.

22 Likes

i think metatrader4 or 5 is the best for practice

good luck :slight_smile:

18 Likes

hello what can i ask

5 Likes

Ask anything, but it’s a good idea to get educated first. Have you been through the School of Pipsology to learn the fundamental skills of analysis and trading?

18 Likes

Hello, I am currently practicing on a Demo account through XM and I am using candlesticks in my charts, however I think the colours may be reversed, it is displaying bullish candles as black and bearish candles as white, should it not be the other way around (according to what is taught by babypips)?

7 Likes

You can change it. You can select the colours you prefer for bearish and bullish candles. For example, I am using red for bear and green for bull.

8 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For Elliot Wave Theory, how do you tell the difference between downwards impulse waves in the 5-3 wave pattern and a downards corrective wave pattern if the enirety of the 5 downward impluse waves have not yet completed (you are then trying to predict where the other remaining waves will go so you can decide where to place your entry)? For example, if I had three downards sloping waves, how would I be able to tell if they were simply downwards sloping impluse waves (with two more waves to go) or if the entirety of a corrective wave pattern had just completed? - Thank you!

9 Likes

Yes, it is. We cannot ignore the education for ensuring a flexible trading life, because Forex is particularly knowledgeable base business . but besides focusing on knowledge of course it is more appropriate to practice trading . otherwise it is useless to have good education. So beginner traders have to focus on education as well practice.

2 Likes

It’s best to choose between MT4 and MT5. I use MT4 cause I find it more convenient.

6 Likes

From my first day of trading I have been using MT4 and never wish to change at all. because always feel good environment for trading .

3 Likes

For asking question, open a new thread! Then you will get enough number of responses from the active members of BabyPips.

1 Like

i understand russian to a point, Your NOVI ORDER is disabled… ok
a few reasons for this might be
lack of funds
problem with the installation
invalid account
internet connection drop out

QUICK FIX… Contact your broker, do a live chat , get them to troubleshoot it
it’s either gonna be, RE INSTALL MT-4 (because as an I.T. Engineer ) i also understand that your computer registry may have corruption issues hence a bad installation.

but that aside, , if the installation was stock standard and went through ok.
contact your broker, it’s likely an account or

WHY ARE YOU NOT IN THE TRADE WINDOW TO BEGIN WITH, WHY ARE YOU IN POSTA (Mail)
Empty the POSTA and go the tab that is on the far left
then try and place a trade

right click and select NEW ORDER or click on a chart and press F9
if none of that works
contact your broker

it doesn’t sound complicated, but does need someone to check your account to begin with

also you need to check your server settings and global variables

you could have an EA perhaps that has disabled the button

CONTACT YOUR BROKER AND GET TECH SUPPORT, IT’LL BE QUICKER

3 Likes

The best starting in forex is staring with as much knowledge as I can take regarding forex. I have heard that demo trading platform is very much helpful for a trader. It ensures that what you have learn and what you are doing. But how can demo platform can help a trader if they don’t invest cash or money in the platform. How can a trader understand that it would be profitable or loss if they do not invest in live platform.

4 Likes

Yes, I think that I too will often be asking questions that are related to forex =)

1 Like

Hello.
What trading strategy is best for beginners to choose? I prefer to trade by currency pairs.

8 Likes

Which strategy is more appropriate it depends on your trading knowledge and money managing skill. As a Newcomer I was comfortable in Bollinger Bends in demo. But I failed to keep profit when kicked off a real account. The main problem is here. we beginners can’t keep profit ratio in real account as like demo.

3 Likes

Why demo accounts and real accounts differ? As I know they must be the same. Or brokers do it specially so that we lose money?

2 Likes