Adventures in candlestick trading

I’m not sure when it started as I’ve only just loaded the software.

There is an update tho…

It appears that the charts are updating (possibly), but the times on the bottom axis of the charts are not updating. They are hours out and not all the same either.

Any other ideas now?

What Time frames are you watching ?

Click on the “setup chart” button and go to the miscellaneous tab and see what time is set for each chart.

Ah hah, better now:D:D

Dont know why tho:confused:

BTW If your monitoring the GBP/USD 2 hr chart, it might be worth a look just now.

Hey thanks for your help everyone;):wink:

Hope you dont mind me askin for help with software issues on this thread, but this thread(and the other 2) are the only reason I’m trying to use it!!

most peeps on this thread are happy to help with anything :slight_smile:

Also th 50m chart

One of these days I’ll learn how to post charts

USD/JPY 30m chart (a little late)

Not sure what you are seeing on GBPUSD, nothing on my chart.USDJPY less than perfect pattern and bb’s against trade

Toka

Go here for how to post charts.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/25217-how-post-charts-forum.html

Cheers jc

Well here goes, just to see if I can post an image, hoppefully you’ll see a chart next…

If it wasn’t so close to the mid BB, would you trade this with the longer upper wick??

Thanks for the help. I set mine up similarly, except I use an additional tab with my 6 pairs listed as 5 minute charts. For me, this is easier than flipping through all the tabs.

I definitely need to be a little more efficient about placing and closing orders.

Hi,

If this pattern had a long upper wick for the bear candle and if it had room to move before it touches the midd bb, I see no reason to ignore it as long as you get a valid entry off 5m. However, this pattern is touching the midd bb (2nd candle). So even assuming you had a long upper wick for the bear candle, pattern like these are non tradeable.

Regards,
Muthu.
Chennai.
India.

Hi Toka

I agree with Muthusai what would definitely stop me from trading this one is that the lower wick show the mid BB rejected it.

The size of the wicks would not have stopped me as long as the M5 showed a valid entry.

Welcome back John ! For all guys who don’t know jcgibson, he was the one who helped me to make my chart look clean by giving a very simple yet effective idea !

Regards,
Muthu.

Hi Muthu

I have been peeking in from time to time. It looks like you have this methodology under control.

Tyman didn’t seem to like me questioning some of his reasoning, so I moved on to something that fits me better, I still use this method when I can find the patterns, but I only trade the NY session and only Euro-USD, and GBP-USD.

I’ll be checking in once or twice daily though.

John

Waiting is not the goal, but may be a necessary stage in attaining the goal. We wait for what is worth waiting for, and in the process learn patience. (Prayer by Philip Yancey)

How often would you normally see a valid entry occur?

Hi Slane

Not sure who your question was meant for, but for me it is usually after I get tierd of staring at the screen and go take my dog for a walk or go outside for a cigarette, when I return there usually a good pattern I am too late for. :D:D

Seriously I see at least a couple day unless there is a big trend going on.

But I have learned not to leave my computer when the the Bollinger Bands are starting to level out. That is the best time for good patterns if there is enough room from the outer band and the mid-band, if not I wait.

John

Waiting is not the goal, but may be a necessary stage in attaining the goal. We wait for what is worth waiting for, and in the process learn patience. (Prayer by Philip Yancey)

Thanks for that. The question wasn’t to anyone in particular so thank you for your answer.

So, a few trades a day? Is that about what everyone else experiences?

I only trade EU and GU most people on here trade 6 or more pair so there should be more trades if you follow there way.