AG-Markets.com - I am being scammed by my broker. Please help!

Hello everybody. I have a live trading account with AG Markets and I have been trading with them for 5-6 months already. The thing is that I’ve requested to withdraw my earnings several times but they have always said no as apparrently I am breaching the terms and conditions and I should trade crazy lots in order to get my money back. I think their strategy is to destroy my account and forget my money forever! Please someone help how to confront this situation and recover at least my investment. I don’t really care about the benefits. Anyone else has fallen for scams like this?

Hi @EduTraderFX,

It’s a shame this has happened. Where is your broker regulated?

Hello @FOREX.com

Thank you for your message. The broker in the beginning was regulated by FSP in New Zealand. Later their license was revoked and they registered themselves in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Obviously now I am not able to sue anyone in that country as there are no rules! Their finance analyst department named iAlphaGroup.com was in touch with me constantly regarding the daily operations of what to trade and what not. The account manager Jaime Estrada was always very friendly but in the end he’s not helping me withdraw my earnings :frowning:

What type of account do you have with AG Markets and did you accept one of their bonus offerings?

FR&L

Hello @frandlost
I had a managed account with them and they just added the bonus without asking. When I wanted to withdraw they said I couldn´t because of the bonus conditions

I don’t see “managed account” as an account type on their website. I only see: basic, standard, trading, pro, premium, and platinum.

Did you open a no deposit bonus account and weren’t profitable?

If not, how much was the bonus?

In the bonus section they say terms and conditions apply but I can’t seem to find the location of those terms and conditions.

FR&L

@frandlost After I made my initial deposit (1000 USD) I was contacted by their IB, iAlphaGroup.com, with whom they seem to have a deal to bring down the account and to steal the customers funds. I got a 100% bonus. The account types they have on their website are probably to fill the page because they never offered a certain account type. When you open an account with them online you can’t chose either. I don’t see the terms and conditions neither. Before they were visible.

Your story reminds us of this earlier discussion: I think I'm being scammed by my broker

Perhaps you might find some of the details in that thread helpful to your case.

@FOREX.com, @frandlost
I found these online talking about AG Markets. It looks like people have already investigated the directors behind the company.

Rankia (part 1): Buenas tardes Luis Angel Gracias por los consejos. He investigado a AG Markets

Rankia (part 2) Buenas tardes de nuevo. He estado revisando mi previa investigación y vuelvo

Warning Trading: Warning Trading: arnaques financières, courtiers, web - toute l'actualité

Thanks! I’ll look around and see what I can find

Are you simply trying to withdraw what’s left of your initial deposit?

The T&Cs on the bonuses are crazy.

It’s my opinion they are given to increase the comfort level of the new investor to risk more per trade than they normally would.

To actually withdraw a $1000 bonus from Turnkey - for example - you have to have traded 500 full lots.

Are you simply trying to withdraw what’s left of your initial deposit?

KC

@frandlost

What I actually proposed to AG Markets is to withdraw the initial investment. Currently I have 11,342 (USD) and my initial investment was a total of 5000 (USD). I’m not interested to withdraw the benefit if they make my life so difficult.

Apart from this AG Markets tells to investors they’re regulated by the FCA but at the same time they’re based in Sant Vincent islands… that is a big fat lie. you start seeing these things once you fall for them and lose everything! I already contacted FCA and they confirmed that AG-Markets have never been regulated by the FCA.

@EduTraderFX first off it sounds like you were very successful!

I’m sorry I am unable to help you. Perhaps one of the veterans will have a better idea as to how to proceed.

Have you asked them to clarify exactly how make a withdrawl without withdrawing the bonus?

I know I’m asking the obvious… But sometimes it’s worth asking the obvious! :slight_smile:

They gave him 100% deposit bonus.

IMHO the best option would be to try and withdraw the initial deposit.
Or alternatively, try to withdraw smaller amounts several times.

@bradley79 smaller amounts might be the answer.

I must have misunderstood how the AG Markets bonus system works when I checked out their site. Typically any type of bonus promotion is based upon the initial deposit only.

Or I misunderstood the difference between @EduTraderFX initial deposit and initial investment. I should have asked for clarification:

Thanks for pointing that out. Smaller withdrawals are worth a try.

@EduTraderFX I would still ask them to provide a link to or to provide some type of documentation of the bonus terms and conditions that AG is using to prevent your withdrawal of any funds.

Good luck,

FR&L

Hi Everybody,

I already investigated this company and the people behind it before and see now several new articles about them (on Rankia and Apestan)

As you can see in these articles it seems that not so long ago ag-markets. com has been hacked and a lot of information has been disclosed: conversations between employees, video footage of the office in Barcelona, bank accounts, bank details, beneficiaries, other brokers they have set up (because they want close down AG-markets). After the hack it seems that also ex employees start to open up about the fraud company they worked for and about the ultimate beneficiary owners Pablo Esteve van Vrijberghe de Coningh (a Spanish citizen) and Miguel Angel Lopez Colin (a Mexican citizen).
It seems that these 2 have hidden together a couple of million Euro (in shell companies, in foundations based in tax havens, in real estate in Miami and Mexico and before Esteve also had in Escazu, San Jose, Costa Rica as we can read in other posts’ (all out of sight of Spanish and Mexican tax authorities).

They currently work under AG-Markets. eu (after the hack) and their new broker websites are:
itaurux com (new replacement broker for AG-Markets),
equux com (Georgian company that lends its license to itaurux.),
equuals com (subsidiary of equux.),
equuology com (subsidiary of equux.),
equapital com (subsidiary of equux.),
revolutrading com(White Label of AG-Markets / Itaurux)

We also see in recent ex employees posts that they oblige their staff to post constantly positive fake comments on forums about the brands they work for and also negative posts on other brokers on forums.
To do this in a more effective way they even created forums themselves where they rate their own brands with highly positive ratings and they burn out of vengeance or other dark interests other brokers.

Their own forum websites are these:
broker-fraude. com
broker-latino. com
brokersrecomendados. com
forodebrokers. com
estafado. com
corretoraconfiavel. com
corretoraconfiavel. com
brokersdeforexconfiables. com
broker-estafa. com
So better take all the stuff from these websites not to serious, because it is all invented and manipulated information.

According to one ex employee they even make false anonymous complaints about other brokers to regulators like CNMV and FCA and to reinforce their complaints they use the false comments they have previously created on their forums and other forums.

I really hope that these scumbags go to jail for a long time!!! If you have been scammed make a complaint about these people directly to the police (in Spain and Mexico).

The CV from one of the 2 owners of AG-Markets (signed by him and for the use to open another offshore account):

The second company in his CV (like AG-Markets also put on name of Carlos FERRER Montalvo but managed by Esteve. This company did not even have a platform it seems (all the money directly to their pockets it seems)

I have never used the broker that you have been talking about. So, I won’t say anything about it. But I can surely tell you that make your own decisions and don’t trust just anyone blindly. You must always use regulated brokers, so that at least your broker won’t turn out to be a scam.

It’s unfortunate that you are being scammed. You don’t have many options once you have been scammed. But you can definitely stop scams from taking place. Never fall for deals that seem to be too good. Instead, look for some credibility in what you are going to believe.