Am I Lucky...Or What?

My mentor (he shall remain unnamed out of respect for his privacy), who is a “full time” trader (meaning he trades 6-8 hours a week max and then he does whatever he wants) had 2 losing trades last year. Not 2 losing days but 2 losing trades. Most of the trades are on the 1 minute and without stop-loss. It is possible but you can do it with a good bit of discipline. Work on your strategy, mindset and discipline. It is possible.

1 Like

Of course it is possible! All the screenshots I have been posting proves without a doubt that it can be done. A few people here constantly berate me for not displaying any losing trades when in fact there are none. I am yet to figure out how to post losing trades when you dont have any. And there was one guy further up who made some disparaging remark about my lack of discipline because I dont work with stop losses. Considering the screenshots I found that funny in the extreme. I am not advocating for anyone to trade like I do but it is it is interesting that your mentor and I both figured out that the one minute time frame and not using stop losses promote better trading outcomes. Thank you for that post.

2 Likes

Many scalpers in very short time frame will use manual stop loss - equate what you’re willing to lose on a particular trade then close it if that trade goes the wrong way, pretty sure he uses this method.

Great results - Pay no attention to the angry negative replies!

1 Like

The thread has been viewed nearly 3k times but not many comments like yours.
Thank you.
After some deliberation I have decided to up the ante a bit and increase the lot size. Here is the result. I apologize to the people who want me to show my losing trades but unfortunately they seem to be avoiding my trades. I am working on it though.
I will ask the question again…If I decide to stop trading right now for the rest of the year what will my rate of return be???

2 Likes

I find all this interesting. I wont even mention motive or agenda, lol.

I feel the urge though, to say something to my fellow young traders. The young ones who are not prejudiced and set in their ways. People dont get my respect automatically, they have to earn it. There are people on here who talk up a storm and appear to know it all but somehow they never get around to showing it. Some of them see what I am doing and find all sorts of fault with it. They say I show off, I am reckless, I dont show losing days and a host of things. Down here in Jamaica they say people dont fling at green mangoes so I understand what is going on. There are some who dont critique it themselves but when another poster belittles it they like the post. I admit I have an agenda here. My agenda is to show my fellow young traders what is possible in this business of forex trading. I could have come here and shown a demo account where I use lot sizes of $3 and each trade would net over $100 trading exactly as I currently am but that is not the aim. I just want to keep things real. People constantly talk this garbage about how small accounts are a waste of time and nothing can come from it and unless you save up thousands first you should leave trading alone. I just want to show what is possible. Simple. I use a real account and I start with $100. Do you know what type of difference earning US$10 per day can make in the lives of most of the readers here? Think about it.

1 Like

If you want to show people what can be done then set up a myfxbook tracker and prove it. I’ll be happy to eat my words and apologise.

Saying you never lose a trade and showing selective evidence is not demonstrating anything

1 Like

You are now also proving that you are a liar in addition to everything else. I challenge you to show the people here where I claimed to have never lost a trade. Liar. I can just imagine what you must be like in real life. Seeing these trades must be killing you, lol.

1 Like

Proceeded by…

Enough said…

2 Likes

I dont know what you are trying to prove but everything I have said there relates to the trades in THIS thread which started THIS month/year. Sorry to burst your bubble. Another of the ones who cant stand to see a trader win. Another of the dishonest efforts because as a seasoned trader you fully well know every trader has losing trades.
Why dont you show us your trades so we can see what you can do besides criticize? It’s good to see you guys exposing yourselves for what you really are, and I sincerely hope people are taking note.

1 Like

So to be fair, what is your criteria? Duration, win rate, ROI?

@THE_GOATE

My apologies with my comments about your character and personality.

My intention in my comments in this thread is in alignment with things you have personally said too. The only extra thing in addition is to warn you of the risk.

My intention is to highlight the lack of using a server side attached stop loss with each and every opened position.

Reason being that none of us have a crystal ball and are able to predict any possible issues that may go against an open position with any moment.
These don’t just include news but also include loss of internet connection too.

I do also wish to highlight that you definitely have a unique ability to trade different to the majority which I believe is leading to the rate of success you are displaying.

All in all I’m trying to highlight my opinion that you are lucky regarding nothing going wrong when you don’t use server side stops.

@THE_GOATE Get over yourself… I’m not attacking your trading…

Just the BS surrounding it…

Include in your next (Future…) screenshot(s) a running Balance column so we can see that your not flicking from account to account… And include running equity so members can see if you are hiding any rolling losses and all should be good…

Include the aforementioned information and you will definitely have a proof of concept for your strategy… Whether you are using a Demo or Real account is another story…

1 Like

If he is able to do that, would that impress you?

Then why force him to prove?

Also, I am not The Goatee.

@THE_GOATE

Please post a video or myfxbook link and prove them wrong!

Cheers.

1 Like

My criteria for what? I’m commenting on a thread that is claiming to show beginners what is possible. I think it’s very misleading to show a picture of some winning trades without the true story of what this trading style returns. We can all treble our accounts on a good day with poor risk management, but the truth about what is possible is shown by how this performs over a long period of time on an account.

Anybody that looks a $100 account an thinks this guy has something special is completely misguided. There’s nobody in the world that would keep an account that small if they could win as often as is claimed by this guy. He should be a millionaire by now.

So my criteria of what is possible, is to show long term results and prove that this isn’t a fluke in nice market conditions. Otherwise you’re just one of the endless, arrogant narcissists that what some kind of attention for something they can’ actually achieve

1 Like

No I am just asking you what would you deem to be a good trader. You also tried to trade a £1200 to a £1 million, taking the same kind of risks as OP did. So it is hilarious you are calling out OP for the same thing you tried to “gloriously” perform.

@chesterjohn

In this journal, you attempted to create a rags to riches journal, the same journey you’re chiding OP for. Hypocrite much?

Come on Topgun, you should know by now what my good friends are really about, lol. Dont be too hard on them. I wont even bother to drill down into some of what they mentioned earlier such as whether this is a demo account and me switching from account to account. Laughable at best.
As I’ve stated before I have no reason to prove anything to anyone on here. However I realize I have a few followers who could possibly benefit somewhat from seeing these particular screenshots so here goes. Of course I expect to hear some more from my good friends but that is par for the course. The green eyed monster is alive and well!!!
Some people might not be aware but I get a statement in my email daily from my broker outlining the activity on my account for the day. The cutoff period is around 5 pm my time. I see a difference with the totals but I think it has to do with the sawp business I have been experimenting with to boost my earnings. Still havent lost a trade since that initial $100 deposit but dont crucify me. I tried, lol. Unfortunately I cant clarify anything any more than this. And for those interested it’s 215 straight wins without loss. Nothing special, as my good friends will tell you. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Oh nooooooooo!!! There he goes again with his flipping through accounts and posting demo accounts, BS as one poster put it. Silly in the extreme.
Anyway…This forex trading business is not nearly as complicated as some people make it out to be. All that one needs to do is sit down and spend some time looking at it and something will come to you. Reading what others write all around and watching their videos will help too. Even bad stuff is good to know about too because it tells you what not to do going forward.
People keep asking about my strategy but if one goes through and read what I’ve posted here in the past I’ve practically spelt it all out. One lot size, one instrument, one time frame, and the profit target is basically fixed except that I may vary it a bit per trade to round up my account balance to the nearest dollar. Even just examining the screenshots I post gives pointers as to what I am doing. How many people, for example, have taken the time to work out how many pips on average I make per trade? Probably none, not even my harshest critics because they have their agenda.
There is no need to recreate the wheel. All I am doing is eating the damn elephant. Go look up how they say that is done. While it is nice you dont need 100 or even 20 pips per day to make a bit of money trading forex. Compare how many times you see a 100 pip setup as against a 5 pip setup on a daily basis and tell me which is easier to bag. And keep in mind how much of a difference in the life of most traders here an additional US$10 per day can make.
Anyway that’s my contribution for today. Hope it helps someone out there. And of course another screenshot to feed my green-eyed monster friends out there. Lol.

3 Likes