Amazing Results!

Hi Tymen1,

It’s good to know you have your own trading method, that’s great.
Isn’t it interesting that you choose to ignore the fact that I post my trades as I take them and not just the results?

What that’s meant to achieve is this;

1. those who want to trade along with me can

2. those who want to backtest my trades and the results against their own methods can too.
    If mine are profitable ones or indeed even losing ones, the backtester can see where they could have taken a trade or not as the case may be.

There are enough methods, systems, etc here and all over the internet; people have enough systems to get on with.

I don’t intend to propose another system; we all know that each trader, even if they buy a system, tweaks it a bit to suit their trading style.

By the way, what has hackers and terrorists got to do with anything?
You’ve lost me totally.
Over and out.

Ya…and from someone who posts a real picture of himself…go figure…:rolleyes:

The trade above has closed.

A sell on GBP/USD has been set up.

GBP/USD sell trade @ 1.4547, S/L @ 1.4695, T/P @ 1.4429

USD/CHF buy trade @ 1.1583, s/l 1.1415, t/p 1.1740

Hahaha, good point Sweet Pip, plus he’s one of the few people that posts his actual name in the “About Me” section. Hmmm, a full name, city of residence and a picture for verification? Unless Tymen is actually a little girl living in Peru, he’s probably not the brightest conspiracy theorist on the block.

I do that to prove that I am genuine.

But I don’t think you people understand.

Posting your name etc is not a real problem.

It is when you post large pip gains that you need to be careful.

Hackers are not after your name, but rather after your money. :eek:

So it is wise to be a little careful.
Remember also, the tax man is watching. :smiley:

I cannot see the point is posting the name of a trade, together with t/p, s/l and then the result. :confused:

It is what is happening in between that is interesting.

Will you at least give the name of the strategy you are using.

If not, I will leave you to it. :frowning:
The are more threads on this forum. :smiley:

Originally Posted by obaasima
Hi all,

I’ve just set up a buy trade for GBP/USD.

Buy @ 1.4612, S/L @ 1.4513, T/P @ 1.4740, RESULT - -62 pips

Happy trading.

You might care to explain why you lost on this trade!!
Do you know what you did wrong?

I must say I had a ‘belly’ laugh when I saw some of the replies here.

Tymen1, hackers have lots of millionaires, rich and famous people, who are all over the media day in day out to pursue.
It’s much easier for that hacker to hack into the account of someone named in the Forbes rich list, isn’t it?

As for the taxman, he’ll always be there, unless you’re in the UK and you want to use a spreadbetting account for its tax-free benefit.

Now to your question as to why that GBP/USD trade was a losing trade - I cannot for the life of me see the relevance of such a question, when even a novice would know that as forex traders, all we do is work with probabilities. Probabilities, that’s the name of the game we choose to play; Personally, I don’t get hang-up about losses. Enough said.

As for you not seeing the point of my approach, well, it all depends on one’s angle of vision.

Finally, let’s call my strategy ‘The Obaasima Cash Machine System’ (TOCAMS), neat!

May the pips be with you.

[B]I saw this piece by Dr. Pipslow and thought wow!, I like it. It perfectly expands on what I was trying to get at in my previous post.[/B]

Enjoy.

[B]Forget that Perfect Trade[/B]

Posted 09:51 28 April 2009 by Dr. Pipslow

When you’re risking your own money, do you feel the need to find that secret information that nobody yet knows or find the perfect trade setup?
Some traders are so obsessed with trying to find the perfect trade that they end up not trading enough to come out profitable. Trading is not the line of work you want to be if you’re a perfectionist. You can plan a trade systematically only to end up losing money because an unforeseen event invalidates the trade setup you so thought was sooo perfect and your trade slaps you in the face and goes against you.
While you don’t want to become a careless and impulsive trader, you don’t want to be an extreme perfectionist either. Remember there’s no such thing as a guaranteed profit.
Instead of being perfect, try being average. For all the “A” students out there, I know this sounds blasphemous since I’m basically suggesting you strive for a “C” grade. But give it a try.
Rather than look for the “perfect” setup, just find a profitable setup. Yes, you might make less profit per trade, but you’ll feel better. Compare how it feels to strive for perfect standards versus average standards. You may find that you prefer average standards since you’re more relaxed. Since you’ll be putting on more trades, your profits will improve.
Trading is all about probabilities. You must make many trades to get the law of averages to work in your favor. As long as the setups are solid, and you’re using sound money management and risk control, you’ll make enough trades to come out ahead. You’ll be able to get the losing trades “off your back” and focus on winning trades.
If you’re an uptight perfectionist, you’ll always be on edge and will hardly be able to execute any trades. This will be your downfall because you won’t be able to pull the trigger on trades that are “less than perfect” but [I]are [/I]profitable.
Dare to be average and see what happens. A student who makes straight “A’s” may be smarter but the “C” student sitting behind him just might be richer.

GBP/USD sell trade @ 1.4627, s/l 1.4695, t/p 1.4510 - RESULT s/l hit -68 pips

USD/JPY sell trade @ 96.43, s/l 96.72, t/p 95.82 - RESULT s/l hit - 29 pips

EUR/USD buy trade @ 1.3137, s/l 1.2961, t/p 1.3290 - ONGOING

Happy trading :slight_smile:

gbp/usd buy trade @ 1.4706, s/l 1.4606, t/p 1.4960

Hi all,

Now finally, all three trades have closed and there was an overall profit of + 56 pips

Outcome of trades from 28 April 09

Win some, lose some… as the saying goes.

usd/jpy sell trade @ 97.76, s/l 98.00, t/p 96.25

Cheers.

The [U][B]gbp/usd buy trade[/B][/U] from this morning (UK) and the [U][B]usd/jpy sell trade[/B][/U] from earlier this evening (UK) are both ongoing.

Just set up a [B]eur/usd buy trade[/B] @ 1.3256, s/l 1.3220, t/p 1.3450.

For the ongoing gbp/usd buy trade, [U][B]stop loss[/B][/U] moved to [B][U]1.4782[/U][/B] to keep profit.

This trade closed as above. The stop was moved earlier on as precaution.
The price here went all the way up to 1.4949 and I was going to cut the trade after seeing the reversal, but I lost phone signal in the building where I had a meeting just after 9am.
Got stuck in this meeting, didn’t worry abt it too much b’cos when I checked the price on my phone before signal went, I was confident we were really close to the t/p, only for the price to fall all the way down. Hmm…
All the same, ‘half a loaf is better than none’ they say.

Hi, 2 new trades.

gbp/usd buy trade @ 1.4782, s/l 1.4700, t/p 1.5050

eur/usd buy trade @ 1.3227, s/l 1.3188, t/p 1.3450

Cheers.

T/P levels for the ongoing trades above have been altered. It’s a May Day holiday for much of Europe and hence market volume is understandably less.

gbp/usd buy trade - t/p 1.4900

eur/usd buy trade - t/p 1.3380

Happy trading :slight_smile: