ANY EXPERIENCED TRADERS MAKING AT LEAST 100k A YEAR TRADING?

Good afternoon CP!

However you call it, they trade with invested money. That’s what I meant. I do not say nobody can make more money than they or I can. I just think that if you increase risk too much, the lucky part of trading grows too much for my taste.

Yea, that was a show in DC, lol. And if we watch at price what can we see? A flat Monday without vola. Already priced in. Nobody is surprised, lol. :smiley:

That was after I wrote that, lol. Market was almost flat until 9 est.

However, I do not think this move now is related to that event. If you look at the technical side eurusd broke a tl last week and we are already at a strong resistance. I was just a little surprised that it was that flat in the morning. Probability to go down to the dpp was higher than go up I thought. Not trading on this, though, because my system said no.

Everything is relative, Einstein wrote. Did you know that? Yes, I consider a asian/europe until early afternoon session below or around 100 pips as flat and thus tradeable afterwards.

I did not write that. Do you know how a hedge fund works? Traders there are used to trade with invested money from others. Beside all the rhetoric, the point I made is that even when they trade with others capital the dd can be as large as 50%. If they would increase risk, they would just risk to go bankrupt and then you could read in the newspaper about them like Lehman brothers or others. Their clients would have lost their invested money as well.

CP, what do you not understand?

If a client of a hedge fund puts in some money (deposit), that is an investment. Traders inside of this hedge fund compnay trade with that investment capital. And if they have dd of 50%, that is enough risk, don’t you think? Those hedge funds make usually below 100% roi each year on average. So, if anybody else makes more, then the risk is likely too high, because there will very likely come the time when it will be all lost. I guess you agree that at 100% dd it is finito with trading, lol.

Regarding an almost flat Monday: The typical atr for a day on eurusd is around 170 pips these days. So, with a 100 pips there is still a 70 pips left just to reach the average. That’s why I call that almost flat. And the move happened around the ism news, so I guess it is rather related to that ism index than debt limit, because the news about the deal regarding the debt limit was anounced way earlier in the night and the London session is usually the most volatile session. So, if that would be the reason, there would have been much more vola at the London session. Thats why I said it is already priced in.

I guess no serious investor with more than three proper brain cells would expect any suprise regarding that debt deal, because everybody knew that they will come up with one sooner or later, lol.

Good afternoon CP! :slight_smile:

I understand what you mean. And I almost agree to it! Not often that I do that, no? However, I see both sides. I can think and do things for myself and I can see and understand and [U]learn[/U] things from others. I do not have to make all the mistakes for myself. It is not about how you or I call it. Investment or trading. The point is that I have seen with my very own eyes that too much risk involves a very high probability of bursting accounts, hearts, etc.

A trader at an hedge fund company who trades with investors money has an advantage over you and me. That is, he is not that emotional involved. If he dumps the money of the clients the max. issues what he would face is to get fired and has to seek for another job. So far regarding psycho stuff. But that’s not the key point. The numbers I presented you are hard mathematical facts. I read some stuff here in books and trader magazines, so I’m sorry I can’t link to that. The best performing currency trading companies regarding Barclay as well are up this year “just” around 30%. Do you believe those guys don’t know what they do? They know very well that they have a risk of that 50% dd sooner or later. Those drawdowns will not occur every year, but they will come. That’s why them cut the risk to a factor that they do not risk to lose it all. And that cuts their chances as well. That is trading. If they would risk more, it would be gambling.

After that psycho babble all what is left is simple mathematics. The higher the risk, the higher the chance. That is also valid the other way around. If you can’t understand that, then I am afraid you have to wait until the market will tell you that lesson again. Because, it is not the question how many zeros you have behind some digits. If the risk is too high, you are vulnerable to a blown account. It is then just a question of time. That’s why I said I’d take out half of the money (at least). Because if I would do that, that money would be earned money and nobody could take it away.

Regarding that quote, I do not agree to M. Jordan. To be selfish or not is not a question of wealth or reached goals. Plus I do not “have to be”. I am and that’s it.

I forgot that, regarding pips on Monday. I do not know why you come up with that now. You just back my flat view, because the Monday yesterday was not different to other Mondays until 9 est, which are sometimes rather flat. :wink:

Thank you very much, CP. No problem and issue forgotten. :wink:

Just to explain that a little more what I mean with that selfish or not is irrelevant. A trader is not selfish. A trader with his capital serves liquidity. You and me are like banks. We give money to others and for that we want some cash on top for lending it. That is not selfish. Selfish are people who would ask for others strategies without anything to do in return. Or to ask for the money what people earn with their own risk, work and so on. So, neither you or me or anybody else is selfish if he trades or invests money. We bring money to the economy and that is a value on it’s own.

Frankly, it is rather the opposite. Those guys who present themself as soooooooo generous in the world are usually those who are selfish and try to cover that with a show and nothing more than that.

Have a nice evening, CP! :slight_smile:

Asre Remora, cual es el aguaje :8:

And now for the tough love portion of our program. I agree with Bucks and will raise him 1 Sortino and 1 Sharpe. At this point in your trading life you are focused on nothing but Pips, Positive Expectancy, and Risk Management (or otherwise known as avoiding blowing out my account). But as you grow as a trader and as life moves you on, you will find the need to invest, whether ETF’s, MFs, Stocks Etc. You will shift some of your assets to take advantage of diversification, you may not see it now, but you will.

One of the prime reasons that Hedge funds have diminished returns is due to size, they are not as nimble as they were and in some cases, if they buy or sell they can actually move the market to their own detriment. So they sell blocks of a position within a price range, that in its self cuts down on profit.

Now lets look at CP.

In general, retail platforms will only move 5 Mio at a time, so lets say you have been connected to 5 Mio, just because the broker says you "can" move 5 Mio, does not mean anyone will take that size at one time, you might get chopped into pieces, or a portion gets taken and then the price leaves you behind, now what? Or you use FOK, and you just don't get filled, all of these situations are risk factors that must be taken into account.

And I will tell you something else, if you are using some sort of Scalping system and the banks you interact with decide that it is “predatory”, they will kick you in the NALGAS so fast your head will spin, the result, closed account, and you looking for another broker.

So to sum up, you are a smart guy, and if your trading is going well you should start now with a plan for your finances, moving to to the Cayman’s would be a good start for a trader. Anyway I hope you are faced with the dilemma of size sooner rather than later :18:

The Ever Wishing Well VIPER

Good afternoon together! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, how can I drink that? Like tequilla with salt and citrus? Cheers! :smiley:

Absolutely right, that with fills becomes a problem if the order size is too large.

CP, if he is a criminal then of course he could find himself soon at a court house. As long as the fund or client would pull him there.

Btw, today I wouldn’t say it is a flat day, lol.

The scb dropped the interest rate, so a higher volatilililiy or something like that together with some francs could flood the market in the next days.

Happy pipsing to both of you! :slight_smile:

Originally Posted by TradeViper
One of the prime reasons that Hedge funds have diminished returns is due to size, they are not as nimble as they were and in some cases, if they buy or sell they can actually move the market to their own detriment. So they sell blocks of a position within a price range, that in its self cuts down on profit.

I find interesting this words of Jérôme Kerviel:
“Se tarda cuatro segundos en invertir 1.000 millones de euros”

• it takes 4 seconds to invest 1 000 000 000 euro
    “Se tarda cuatro segundos en invertir 1.000 millones” · ELPA�S.com

Oye, Caballo De Atila, yes and no, IF this clown was buying stock there is no way he could buy that size without moving the market. However, in spot currency the size and price can be predetermined by the two participants, and, yes 4 seconds and it is gone. Also in the OTC derivative market this can be done, but not on any regulated exchange.

Look at PTJ, drinking beer and trading Spot C. :32:

The Ever Respecting PTJ VIPER

P.S. here is a clip of Cubanpip trying to get some money from VIPER, after CP borrowed some money from some unsavory Russian Dudes. :smiley:

‪El Pichy Films Presenta "Pototo 2.5 "‬‏ - YouTube

Didn’t understand a word but got the gist of it? LOL!!! Hey CP can walk on water… no problem side stepping the Russian Mob! :smiley:

I can tell you this if your a new forex trade set a pip goal meaning daily weekly and monthly pip goal now be realistic on your gaol say 30-50 pips a day incorporate that into your business plan stick to that you can either shut your trade station down once you hit it or if your trade is going your way with momentum stay on borad till a exuashtion candle forms and get out but as a new forex trader you should definantly set a pip goal and get out once you met that goal you also must develope a trading system that will acheive your business plans goals by doing this you will backtest the heck out of every single pair or cross there is with this system before you open one single real trade once you backtested them all and found pairs and crosses that do achieve your pip goals then you can trade only those pairs and crosses that met your pip goal requirements meaning they can get you atleast 30-50 pips daily on 1-2 trades a day . once you have a system that does this one the pair your preffer specialize on the pair learn it in and out then you can trade it. I personally know two pairs the EUR/USD and the JPY/USD and those are the pairs I trade knowwing I can hit my goals with them.

I’ll show you what a simply trading and business plan can do in the forex markets

this tarding plan is off a 30 pip a day plan very acheiveable once you learn your system and the pair your trading.

month 1 = 1 mini lot $1 per pip per lot 30 pips per day *20 trading day =$600
month 2 = 1 mini lot * 30 pips 20 Days= $600
month 3= 2 mini lots
30 pips *20 days = $1200
month 4= 2 mini lots *30 pips * 20 days =$1200
month 5= 3 mini lots *30 pips *20 days= $1800
month 6= 3 mini lots *30 pips *20 days =$1800
month 7= 4 mini lots *30 pips *20 days = $2400
month 8= 4 mini lots *30 pips *20 days = $2400
month 9= 5 mini lots *30 pips *20 days = $3000
month 10= 5 mini lots *30 pips *20 days =$3000
month 11= 6 mini lots *30 pips * 20 days = $3600
month 12= 6 mini lots * 30 pips * 20 days +3600

that’s is your 1st year business or trading plan you can make it easier or harder by decreasing or increasing pip goals or decreasing them you can make more money by increase lot size by more but also remember leverage is a double edge ssword it can work with you or aginst you .

you add up your first your plan and then for a new forex trader not bad for just increasing 1 mini lot every other month $25,200 for your first year now if your aggressive you could double your mini lot size every other month with the same 30 pip daily goal and lets figure that out

month 1 2lots 3020 =$1200
month 2 2lots 3020 =$1200
month 3 4lots 3020 =$2400
month 4 4lots 3020 =$2400
month 5 8lots 3020 =$4800
month 6 8lots 3020 =$4800
month 7 16lots 3020 =$9600
month 8 16lots 3020 =$9600
month 9 32lots 3020 =$19200
month 10 32lots 3020 =$19200
month 11 64lots 3020 =$38400
month 12 64lots 3020 =$38400 all the lot sizes are in mini lots so the 64lots is only 6.4 full lots
this plan which is aggresive will yeild you $151,200 bby doubleing up on your lot size every other month and gaining 30 pips a day for 20 trading days a month. This is the aggresive approach of the business model so you can see how 30 pips a day trading plan can add up . The first year i traded I used the conservative plan this year I am using the aggressive plan and I’m beating my business plan goals becuase some month I average over my pip goals. as of right now I don’t qualify for the Traders tax credit becuase I don’t make 500+ round trip trades a year but I do have nice tax breaks as a business trader I’m also expanding into the options on eqities market I trade direction so I only buy puts or calls on stock options I usually trade an option that is 1 strike into the money with a delta of .75 or better and atleast 2000 contracts of open interest and I use the same techincal systems that I use on the Forex Markets I ride the trends and also have systems for range bound markets my options trades last from 2day- 2weeks then I get out of the options I will never own another stock after learning how to trade options and options don’t have the uptick rule or daytrading rule on them so that makes them better as well not to mention the cost way far less to trade.

Is this a discussion thread about trading in general, or just an attempt to fill it with meaningless videos and expressions…whats that all about?

Are you a moderator or paid sponsor. Just wondering.

The Ever Wondering About Bulgaria VIPER

whyme250 - You are a man with a similar method like the one I have

I am regularly making 20 pips at $2 a pip (20K position size) per day.

Every week is a positive week. !!!
And all positions are regularly closed…

Howzzat ?

I saw someone make $124,000 profit last week on etoro.

This week top earner is on $66,000 profit and its only Wednesday evening. We will see where they’re at on Friday.

Wow… This is fantastic and I only made 65 pips on Monday ($145) and 50 pips ($130) yesterday

I wish I could make more than $ 500 a day !!!
but well…well…well…There is always hope !!!

Yep, trading is much easier than people are led to believe, it’s just about finding a good system aand sticking to it.

I have not written anything more than my opinion based on facts and focused throughout the debate and your statements here and not a person. Even I have no idea where you just how you look, etc would be great if you explain why you feel insulted if I try to illustrate something to help you understand what I mean.