Are MT4 & MT5 safe?

The MT4 and MT5 are safe. That’s brokers, which can be safe or not!

also let me mention another thing, are you considering that for your TP and SL you should check different prices, I mean ask and bid price are different and for a sell or a buy order you should differ them, maybe thats why you feel like being cheated.

exactly right

threads like this are a nightmare and a disaster

information is overwhelmed and outbalanced by misinformation

even with yourself and @Trendswithbenefits and @chesterjohn here, it’s close-to-impossible to try to help anyone understand anything - the trolling, bots, ignorance and prejudice are just ridiculous :grimacing:

1 Like

Several mt4 and mt5 trading platforms are inflicted with several technical errors like slippage, requotes and dealing desk so try to trade on such a trading platform that is free from these kinds of technical issues.

1 Like

You got that right, anyway. Apparently I’m a total beginner, too, because I only joined the forum a month ago? :sweat_smile: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Can you explain this to me? Why’s that?

Currency markets are not exchange traded instruments… There is no Globally set price for say the GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDJPY etc… etc… Prices are set by your Market Maker Broker…

The InterBank Market (Real FX) prices are only used as a guide by ALL Brokers… Which gives them the ability to move prices to levels that are more profitable to them…

They won’t move price far from the markets perceived average price of FX Pairs for the fear of being Arbitraged against… But 5 - 10 Pips could make all the difference…

Let’s say if they could see that most of their clientele’s positions are short on say the GBPUSD… It’s going to be more profitable for them to move price (spike) up slightly from the current price because of the possibility of hitting stops, stretching margins or have clientele close losing positions in an attempt to cut their losses…

So if your Broker cannot see your TP/SL levels on the Charts… There is less chance of having your Broker push price into a zone/level where they can garnish high Liquidity or Volume of Stops or Limit Orders waiting to be activated…

This is just a brief overview explanation of how the Market works… I hope it answers your question…

2 Likes

All brokers take the opposite side of your trade, especially if your a beginner, once you become a very profitable trader with an extremely high capital, then they direct your trades straight to the open market. As others have mentioned here, the important thing is to find a trustworthy broker.

Thanks you everyone for your responses. It seems like there is quite a big difference of opinion on this subject coming respectfully from both sides.
I guess the take away from this thread is that MT4 & 5 are not safe if you’re un lucky enough to have a bad broker who’ll trade against you. It seems like an established fact from this thread that brokers can see your trades once placed when using MT4 & 5.
So if using these platforms it seems imperitive to use a trustworthey broker.
I have just opened a new account with FP Markets.
Do people in this thread think FP Markets are 100% trustworthy and that I can safely download their MT4 platform and I’ll be able to trade safely with them ?
Does anyone else here have experiance with using FP Markets using the MT4 or 5 platforms ?
If not then which broker do people trust the most ? Looking through the reviews in Forex peace army it’s hard to find any broker that seems sqeeky clean.

Also not safe if you want accuracy, reliability and indicators that are correctly displayed.

I think they’re not, though there are certainly many worse “brokers”.

No, of course not.

You can’t “safely” download any MT4 platform and use it, from anywhere.

Nor should you.

That’s not even a clean site on which to be looking for reviews in the first place.

I think Oanda and forex.com are both ok.

It’s all personal opinion, though.

1 Like

i don’t think there’s a reliable or sensible way of finding out the answer to that question anyway, but if there were, and you actually found out which broker people trusted most, would that be a broker you’d want to use, or a broker you’d want to avoid?

i’m not asking rhetorically; i’m not asking to try to be funny; i’m not asking to try to be “clever” :neutral_face:

i’m asking literally, and seriously, in the hope that thinking about it may help you to appreciate that 95% of the people whose opinions you’d be getting would be unprofitable traders anyway, and that your time would actually be FAR better spent on finding out who the other 5% are (that’s not easy but it’s also not impossible - just something most people don’t bother trying to do at all) so that you can ask them that (among other things?)

just a suggestion, in the form of an observation based on some decades‘ experience - i hope it’s helpful to you

1 Like

First off, thanks a ton for your time and the explanation. So, are you saying that even someone who’s already making good money trading could earn even more if the broker didn’t have a clue about their stop loss and take profit points?

@Emi.s If you’re already making good money from trading these Markets then keep doing… What you are doing… You’re in the 5-9% that are adding to their accounts…

I was once afraid of my Broker being on the other side of my positions… You have to realise it’s an advantage as much as a disadvantage of them seeing Market liquidity volumes…

I posted this demonstration somewhere here before… It was a great help to me once I had a better understanding of how the Brokers business model worked… It’s an older video but very informative as to how (and why) the Markets are moved…

You have to be able to look at a chart and see the invisible zones of liquidity that they see…

Placing Stealth orders is more for one’s peace of mind… Not a profit enhancing concept…

If mt4 and mt5 are provided by regulated broker, then no issue. Another thing that you should notice is whether those platforms are free from requotes and slippage issues.

How does regulators makes MT4 / MT5 safe to use?

1 Like

There was an uproar when traders learned about the MT4 Dealer desk plugin some years ago. One of the plugin’s functions was dealer manipulation, which some brokers were using to their advantage. Whether this is still the case or not is unclear to me,

2 Likes

it’s clear to proper regulators, and to anyone who has ever worked in the industry and/or has contacts in it - as any representative of either group will openly tell you, if you ask them - it’s not exactly a secret, it’s just that most people don’t ask (or don’t know how to)

it isn’t quite as specific as that (and of course you’re totally right to be questioning what many people here have said on that subject, above, much of which is just completely wrong) - it’s more a cultural thing: it’s like asking “how does a regulator make the representations on a broker’s website true and accurate?” - the short answer is, unsurprisingly - that they don’t, directly, but in reality they actually do, indirectly, because the websites of properly regulated brokers (ASIC, FCA, CFTC, NFA regulation) are regularly inspected by their regulators (unlike those “regulated” in Caribbean/Pacific island countries not noted for financial probity!) and those brokers will be in big trouble if they say anything on their websites that isn’t true

so there’s some truth on both sides of the discussion, here, to be realistic

1 Like

The offshore broker market was pretty much not existing at that time, these were all Regulated MT4 brokers in the world’s most heavily regulated markets that was using that tool

1 Like

yes, that’s perfectly true (just like all the content of my post right above it)

2 Likes

Can a Broker Manipulate the Market?

Yes, a broker can manipulate the market by engaging in unethical practices that often harm other traders.

Can a Forex Chart Be Manipulated?

Unfortunately, yes. Some brokers manipulate charts, for example, to make others believe that a spike is low and trick them into making a purchase.

Can a Broker Manipulate MT4?

Yes. As with other things in the Forex market, MT4 is prone to manipulation as well. Therefore, traders must be cautious and keep their eyes open.

Do Brokers Manipulate?

Yes, many brokers manipulate because they want to achieve their goals no matter what. Also, they don’t care about harming others in the process.

Can Forex Brokers Manipulate Price