Are Robots Slowly Replacing Human Workers

Factories are heading for a ‘dark’ future — and it’s not what you think

Factories have been transformed by automation, with robots now taking on a considerable proportion of jobs once done by people – lifting heavy loads, assembling parts, and more.

Some manufacturers are edging toward a future of factories focused on “lights out” or “dark” production. In such a setting, factories have near-total to full automation, with robots able to continue running overnight when humans are no longer there.

1 Like

The Construction Robots are Coming

Can AI Fully Takeover The Construction Industry?

Today we look at the entry of AI into the construction and mega projects field. Can artificial intelligence take over the construction industry and replace architects and engineers in the future? What jobs in the construction industry as AI already taken over?

1 Like

This is all destructive. Imagine a construction company with nothing but robots. All those jobs and tax revenue gone. Even if the government charges a robot tax, they still stand to lose tons of tax revenue. No tax revenue, fewer police, fewer schools, fewer public services, smaller defense budget.

Then you’re just left with billions of people with no jobs, just getting free money from the government. What do people do when they have no jobs? Nothing good, that’s for sure: drugs, crime, and violence. Then what? More people in prison?

All this talk about AI is a joke. It’s just something to make people keep watching the news. Any way that the news can keep you nervous, scared and TUNING IN to their channels, they’ll do it.

1 Like

Bingo, The only thing taxes will do is give the government a little revenue. Humans work so they can spend their money within the economy on housing, food, clothing, household items, hygiene products entertainment, bills, and The list goes on, these are things robots can’t do for the economy.

getting money from the goverment will never equal out to the amount of money people spend in the economy, diffrent jobs have diffrent pay also free goverment money have never equal out to the lowest income makers, and most of the lower income have to rely on food stamp and housing assitene, now not we creating a bigger problem, who’s gonna cover those expsense for the lower income makers, the whole thing will cause a economics crisis…

I’m concern because most governments subscribe to a free market system and let that free market shape itself without government Intervention, In a free market system, do you think governments will step in?

1 Like

I’m not even sure how far this AI and robot thing will really go. I think it’s kinda weird for humans to rely on robots. If you had a grocery store, imagine taking out a $50k loan to buy three robots. How would you feel alone in your store with robots? I think you’d feel alone.

We all would. It’s human nature to want to be social. You might get one robot to do some heavy lifting, because you’ve got a herniated disc in your spine. But beyond that, you’d probably feel weird.

Besides that, even customers would feel weird if all the cashiers were self-checkout. When I go to the market, I never go to the self-checkout. I wanna see a person, and I wanna deliberately support that cashier’s position.

Perhaps in a few generations people will get more used to robots. Who knows?

I think AI will be more for kids cheating on their homework, and search engines…And military applications.

If the robot thing gets out of hand and the government sees it interfering with their tax revenue, they’re gonna step in long before you and I even have a clue. They need that human tax revenue machine to keep turning.

One thing we can be sure of: corporate rich don’t care about human rights or ethics; but they do care about their bottom line.

If we have no money, they have no money.

What do you think?

1 Like

In my opinion, you can slowly see corporations integrating robots into their businesses, how bad will it get, I guess we have to wait and see.

1 Like

That was exactly what “They said” when Compiuters were just becoming reality - (late 60’s - early 70’s)

Don’t believe a word of it - they will just make you work much harder - for less and less money !

2 Likes

However, computers cannot do manual labor like robots, robots are currently being tested in various industries and you can see how jobs will be eliminated.

1 Like

Believe that of you want to :slightly_smiling_face:

Demo of AI-powered warehouse robots for automated order picking | Brightpick

Brightpick Autopicker is the only mobile robot in the world that robotically picks and consolidates orders directly in the warehouse aisles. The robot is like a human with a cart, autonomously picking and consolidating orders as it moves through the warehouse aisles.

1 Like

Unfortunately, in a warehouse, this could have been 20 humans working. Instead, you’ll get four robots, three humans to supervise, and one human to periodically visit the site to troubleshoot robot problems.

1 Like

It’s hard to predict what the future holds for robots, but it’s clear that something is changing, whether it’s for the better or for the worse

1 Like

I don’t know how I feel about this. I’ll have to do some research.

How AI is Boosting Earnings in the Construction Industry

With the rise of AI, more people are afraid of robots taking their jobs than ever before. But in this industry, AI is actually creating jobs — and helping workers make more money:

The Robot Revolution: The New Age of Manufacturing - Moving Upstream.

Hundreds of millions of jobs affected. Trillions of dollars of wealth created. These are the potential impacts of a coming wave of automation. In this episode of Moving Upstream, we travelled to Asia to see the next generation of industrial robots, what they’re capable of, and whether they’re friend or foe to low-skilled workers.

I’m not sure about that. The narrator said the robots address labor shortages. She also said the robots also do more dangerous jobs, reducing the human risk and injuries.

She could be right.

@SmallPaul Do you think perhaps they’re viewing the injury data from a skewed view to inflate their support for robot employment? What counts as an injury? Perhaps a more accurate measure would be insurance claims.

Perhaps, even in those dangerous situations, those insurance claims are still worth the human participation because there’s not as many injuries as the narrator states.

Imagine you’re 16 years old, and you wanna get your first job. You go to a local ice cream shop.

You ask the owner if he’s hiring. He said no because he has a robot which does the job of three part-time employees. He doesn’t need any help.

You go to the local gas station, and everything is self-service. The convenience store inside has a robot, and the store basically functions as a big vending machine.

It happens again and again…Now what?

Speaking of stores, when these stores save money on employees, do you think it will make anything more affordable? I say no. Are cars cheaper after moving factories to China? Are domestic cars cheaper than foreign? None of these savings get passed on to consumers.

Am I wrong?

1 Like

No

Robot Waitress

1 Like

Amazon opens its first cashierless grocery store

Here’s what it’s like inside Amazon’s cashier-less store. Amazon Go has no checkout lines, cashiers, or registers. The store is located in Seattle, right near Amazon’s campus.

1 Like

Here’s what happened when I walked out of Starbucks / Amazon and they never charged me.

Cashier-less Starbucks didn’t charge me $26

1 Like

This video immediately annoyed me. How easy is it to ask the butcher for a kilo of pork? Super easy.

Now imagine the cognitive dissonance you feel entering your order for pork into a keypad. How frustrating that would be?! That’s when you get frustrated, you look around and yell ¨Is anyone working here?!¨

Just because they’re using robots, that doesn’t mean they’re developing in a good direction.

I’m not watching this video anymore. The more I watch, the more it infuriates me.

If I were a politician, I would place a limit on robots (if allowed at all), to protect our human labour.

This much automation is a horrible direction for society.

Remember the post a while ago about the first all-robot dam built in China? They think it’s an achievement, but it’s not. They’re undermining their own labor force.

How dumb we are as humans.

Now, this is where I become hypocritical.

imagen

This is a style of sushi restaurant in Japan. There’s a conveyor belt that goes around the restaurant.

You sit at your table, and you can order from a screen.
imagen

You sit, place your order, the dish comes around, and you put your dirty dishes on the dirty dish conveyor belt, underneath. At first; I thought this was cool. I didn’t see anything wrong.

But this eliminates the need for waitress staff. This may not be a robot, per se, but it’s automation replacing human labor. Why is this different?

Is this a bad idea as well? How much automation is bad? Where do you draw the line? Who decides when enough is enough? Public consensus? Let the people vote on it?

Will people vote their own labor into obsolescence? Would we doom ourselves?

Do we just let the market decide?

There are people who say no, and fight for their hometown. This puts a smile on my face.

1 Like

How will these stores prevent theft, also pay attetion to the second video on what type of data these stores are collecting on you.

I PROVED STEALING FROM AMAZON GO IS INSANELY EASY

We Stole Tampons from the Cashier-less Amazon Go Store

1 Like