Are Robots Slowly Replacing Human Workers

Believe that of you want to :slightly_smiling_face:

Demo of AI-powered warehouse robots for automated order picking | Brightpick

Brightpick Autopicker is the only mobile robot in the world that robotically picks and consolidates orders directly in the warehouse aisles. The robot is like a human with a cart, autonomously picking and consolidating orders as it moves through the warehouse aisles.

1 Like

Unfortunately, in a warehouse, this could have been 20 humans working. Instead, you’ll get four robots, three humans to supervise, and one human to periodically visit the site to troubleshoot robot problems.

1 Like

It’s hard to predict what the future holds for robots, but it’s clear that something is changing, whether it’s for the better or for the worse

1 Like

I don’t know how I feel about this. I’ll have to do some research.

How AI is Boosting Earnings in the Construction Industry

With the rise of AI, more people are afraid of robots taking their jobs than ever before. But in this industry, AI is actually creating jobs — and helping workers make more money:

The Robot Revolution: The New Age of Manufacturing - Moving Upstream.

Hundreds of millions of jobs affected. Trillions of dollars of wealth created. These are the potential impacts of a coming wave of automation. In this episode of Moving Upstream, we travelled to Asia to see the next generation of industrial robots, what they’re capable of, and whether they’re friend or foe to low-skilled workers.

I’m not sure about that. The narrator said the robots address labor shortages. She also said the robots also do more dangerous jobs, reducing the human risk and injuries.

She could be right.

@SmallPaul Do you think perhaps they’re viewing the injury data from a skewed view to inflate their support for robot employment? What counts as an injury? Perhaps a more accurate measure would be insurance claims.

Perhaps, even in those dangerous situations, those insurance claims are still worth the human participation because there’s not as many injuries as the narrator states.

Imagine you’re 16 years old, and you wanna get your first job. You go to a local ice cream shop.

You ask the owner if he’s hiring. He said no because he has a robot which does the job of three part-time employees. He doesn’t need any help.

You go to the local gas station, and everything is self-service. The convenience store inside has a robot, and the store basically functions as a big vending machine.

It happens again and again…Now what?

Speaking of stores, when these stores save money on employees, do you think it will make anything more affordable? I say no. Are cars cheaper after moving factories to China? Are domestic cars cheaper than foreign? None of these savings get passed on to consumers.

Am I wrong?

1 Like

No

Robot Waitress

1 Like

Amazon opens its first cashierless grocery store

Here’s what it’s like inside Amazon’s cashier-less store. Amazon Go has no checkout lines, cashiers, or registers. The store is located in Seattle, right near Amazon’s campus.

1 Like

Here’s what happened when I walked out of Starbucks / Amazon and they never charged me.

Cashier-less Starbucks didn’t charge me $26

1 Like

This video immediately annoyed me. How easy is it to ask the butcher for a kilo of pork? Super easy.

Now imagine the cognitive dissonance you feel entering your order for pork into a keypad. How frustrating that would be?! That’s when you get frustrated, you look around and yell ¨Is anyone working here?!¨

Just because they’re using robots, that doesn’t mean they’re developing in a good direction.

I’m not watching this video anymore. The more I watch, the more it infuriates me.

If I were a politician, I would place a limit on robots (if allowed at all), to protect our human labour.

This much automation is a horrible direction for society.

Remember the post a while ago about the first all-robot dam built in China? They think it’s an achievement, but it’s not. They’re undermining their own labor force.

How dumb we are as humans.

Now, this is where I become hypocritical.

imagen

This is a style of sushi restaurant in Japan. There’s a conveyor belt that goes around the restaurant.

You sit at your table, and you can order from a screen.
imagen

You sit, place your order, the dish comes around, and you put your dirty dishes on the dirty dish conveyor belt, underneath. At first; I thought this was cool. I didn’t see anything wrong.

But this eliminates the need for waitress staff. This may not be a robot, per se, but it’s automation replacing human labor. Why is this different?

Is this a bad idea as well? How much automation is bad? Where do you draw the line? Who decides when enough is enough? Public consensus? Let the people vote on it?

Will people vote their own labor into obsolescence? Would we doom ourselves?

Do we just let the market decide?

There are people who say no, and fight for their hometown. This puts a smile on my face.

1 Like

How will these stores prevent theft, also pay attetion to the second video on what type of data these stores are collecting on you.

I PROVED STEALING FROM AMAZON GO IS INSANELY EASY

We Stole Tampons from the Cashier-less Amazon Go Store

1 Like

It never occurred to me that this was already happening

Inside The World’s Most Futuristic Driverless Taxi

This is the world’s first fully autonomous car for ride-hailing created by Waymo. While we were in San Francisco, we had to go and check out the autonomous vehicles that have been picking people up across the Californian city.

The all-electric fleet of self-driving cars works exactly like paid ride hailing apps, minus the driver.

1 Like

foot's on fire

They’re undermining their own local economy, and they think they’re stepping into the future. No wonder so many California residents moved to Texas.

1 Like

Cars are collectively a ‘privacy nightmare’ that has gone unaddressed for far too long, according to the Mozilla Foundation. A 2023 report from the group says privacy policies give automakers like GM, Nissan, Tesla and Toyota far too much access to personal data and latitude in what they do with it. Some high profile lawsuits highlight how car companies can and in some cases have collected data on drivers without their consent and passed it on to third parties, including insurance companies.

Why Automakers Are Invading Your Privacy

1 Like

I can’t speak for everyone, but time will tell. For me, yeah, I can see ChatGPT taking my spot in almost every task.

1 Like

Sorry, dude. I wish there was a way around this, but there isn’t. There’s no escape. Even if you turn your phone off, the government can still spy on you. If not the government, some data-collecting AI.

It’s comforting to reject cookies when you visit a website, and to block your IP address with a VPN. But it only provides some protection.

Then again, with all the data collection and spying going on, there are still so many criminals the government can’t seem to stop or catch.

So, what does all that mean?

I don’t know…

Any ideas?

1 Like

You cannot avoid this unless you plan on going into isolation in Bumfuck Egypt

1 Like

You could be just about anywhere and data on your cell phone can be scooped up by law enforcement without you ever knowing. It happens all the time.

The Stingray: How Law Enforcement Can Track Your Every Move

Initially developed for military use, Stingrays have made their way into local police and sheriff’s departments around the country. Months ago, the I-Team sent open records requests to every law enforcement agency in our viewing area and learned that three agencies close to home have been using cell site simulators:

Bumfuck Egypt, here I come!

1 Like