At what price are you selling your BTC?

Hellooo :blush: I just checked my Coin wallet and it seems like BTC is still going up. :partying_face: Haha. :smiley: So I just got curious :thinking: at what price are you selling your BTC? :thinking: Are you waiting for it to hit $100,000? :open_mouth:

Might sell 1/4 of what I have (very little lol) at $70k.

1 Like

Selling will create a taxable event. IMO it’s a better idea to lend against the value of your BTC and use the borrowed capital to create profits elsewhere.

3 Likes

How about now, and buy alts instead?

One quarter if BTC is 30 times ETH.
One third if XRP is less than 1,000 satoshis.

1 Like

Right now is Bitcoin bull market and there are a lot of powerful positive news coming out for BTC in Q4. Many professional analysts predict at least $150k. There was also an institutional report which says $175k. Max Keiser says $225k. And it could very likely go much higher than this. BTC is in an exponential stage now.

Don’t buy alt coins before the BTC bulls cool down. Alt coins will have their boom after BTC have had their.

The best thing is to HODL and keep doing technical analysis to see where the top ends up being.

1 Like

Ooooh. :open_mouth: Haha. :smiley: We might see $70k soon. :wink:

Hmmm. :thinking: I never really looked at it this way. :open_mouth: Is this something you’re currently doing? I would love to learn more about it. :thinking:

Hmmmmmm. :thinking: I do have some alts already. :open_mouth: Are there any alts you would suggest? I try to stay updated but choosing alt coins is challenging for me. :sweat_smile:

Very interesting perspective! :open_mouth: You seem to be very knowledgeable about cryptos. How long have you been trading and/or HODLing?

Depends on your risk profile. How risky do you want to be. Safe bets for the long term include the layer 1s. So ETH, SOL, DOT, ADA , AVAX and LUNA. Several others. Definitely DYOR. Lots to learn.

Bitcoin is very bullish right now, and there are many updates coming regarding the acceptance and usage of Bitcoin, which may increase its value, and then it will be the right time to sell. Right now, all you need to do is keep an eagle eye on the news and updates regarding Bitcoin.

OMG. :sweat_smile: I’ve been so focused on BTC, ETH and XRP that I haven’t really looked into the other alts that much. :sweat_smile: But also, capital is a concern. Haha. :smiley: If you had to choose just 1 alt to recommend among these that you’ve shared, which one would that be? :smiley: (I already have ETH. :blush:)

Definitely bullish. :thinking: I’ve been reading about it and all the articles predict very positive moves for BTC.

Waiting for it to hit $100k. Hopefully I’m patient enough to hold off selling until then. Thinking of selling some of my bitcoin (not that it’s a lot) at $100k then I’ll buy back lower. But then usually when I sell, it goes higher lol.

Is this something you’re currently doing? If so, what platform are you using? :open_mouth:

Just tell us when you’re planning on selling :laughing:

I am holding on for a bit longer. Find it hard to know when to leave when it’s hitting new all time highs. I am aiming around the $70k mark. Seems like a sensible new level.

Good idea unless during the time of borrowing BTC drops and then you discover that you receive les s in money terms. This definitely involves risk so it’s better to use this during crypto market sell-off

Hi,
We (my wife and I) have “sort of” the same idea, but we have agreed to give it another 3 days to think about it and then set the rule. I’d like to set the rule so that I can place a stop order on our Bittrex account, instead of having to rely on a timely market order to sell.

So let’s look at this and try to put some tech analysis around it. Personally I don’t go with Fibs (normally) but one thing is for sure - the rest of the world seems to do so. If you take $64K as the previous ATH for BTC in April, then a 50% increase is a psychological target that may have a load of sell orders piling up. That is $96K per bitcoin, just shy of the $100K - a round number that is also a dangerous level to do anything at.

So right now I am looking at disposal of 1/4 of our BTC at $95K - with a stop sell order. Now its a matter of “sell into what?” USDT, USDC or another crypto? And that depends on how soon we would need to place a stop order (what happens if it gets to $80K next week?), and how the other cryptos are performing in comparison. Another ratio we look at is we would sell ETH if it reaches 1/10 of BTC or buy ETH if it falls to 1/30 BTC. We have some “zones of interest” but certainly not a hard and fast buy/sell/swap plan.

Crazy that we are all on a trading forum, yet can’t express our plans for continuation or exit clearly. Nice problem to have though. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes