Aud scalp

Hi,
buy AUD - target 1.05

talk of Barriers @ 1.05 btw - extra convition added for me.

The RBA meet on Tuesday the 4th of Dec, if they do not cut interest rates you might just get 1.05.

Good point mate. Have u for any positions in this pair?

I’m short at 1.044 solely for the reason the futures indicate about an 80% probability of a rate cut on Tuesday.

Think the retail sales report will be one to keep an eye open for on Monday to help determine whether they cut rates or not. Big pressure from most of that sector.

Cheers for heads up on the econ releases next week lads, one of my bad habits is not keeping an eye out for such events! Watching keenly.

chart updates

1.05 barrier toast! Gonna watch now…

well played and well payed

Cheers mate, makes a nice change :wink:

Apparently more barriers at 1.0525. Good chance of his being gunned too imo

WOW, also reported barriers @ 1.055 - wonder if it could get there? i’m in for 1.0525 for sure. had another top down look. at a confluence area on the weekly. - pair looking a wee bit tired on the daily so am keeping an eye out for any weekly/daily bearish reversal candle patterns at these levels.

1.0525 toast! Anyone here going for 055? I’m out and aside now

055 toast!!

PA entering daily supply…watching for any continuation/reversal candle patterns.

I am pretty much watching the same thing. Bulls might have a bit more of a rally after lunch.

Hi mate glad to see ur short working out for you. I’m not in yet but will be watching this daily close with interest. Stochastic well oversold with bearish divergence to boot! First sign of bearish reversal candle pattern on the daily and I’ll be on it like a car bonnet!!

So, barriers now gone, buys stops triggered etc, pa hitting daily supply and pausing, is anyone else thinking that this pair is looking tired and ready to pull back? Can one of the experienced fundie guys here tell me if from a fundie point of view, this is anything that could give further rises in this pair?

I’ve been watching this for a while. First of all, I’m a newb and this was on a practice account. It doesn’t show my trade anymore because it only holds them for each trading day.

I’ve seen a few different posts the AUD/USD but I feel like I’m the only one seeing this trend. There’s a large daily symmetrical arrow (first pic) and that one got busted on the 11th. But there’s also an up trend channel. It got busted with FMOC but as with most news items the pair went back to the normal trend. So as soon as the news was done and I saw a couple short candles, I entered in and closed it out this morning for +30.

It began to trace back up after it’s 50 point drop but hit the .382 resistance level and is now headed back down. I’m going to be watching it either for a Bat pattern or to just continue down to the bottom of the channel. Let me know what you think.

The first pic is on the daily chart, the second is the 6 hour (just to show the trends a bit closer).