Aussies Traders trading offshore but which broker?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop in to say hello to everyone.

I have been reading alot of forex stuff from babypips.

I am ready to trade. The hardest part is finding the good broker especially the leverage.

I am from Australia, and I dislike the 1:30 leverage which doesn’t seem much to me unless I have to put at least 10K.

Are there any offshore broker with better leverage (up to 500)?

TIA

1 Like

Welcome to Babypips! :sunglasses:

Not a properly regulated one, no.

You’re lucky, being eligible for ASIC-protection of your account.

Don’t make the mistake of allowing the phony lure of high leverage to prompt you to use a broker that isn’t properly regulated.

Spot forex brokers choose where to be regulated. Most regulators are fake ones, paid for by the subscription-fees of the brokers they pretend to regulate; they never rule against their paymasters in the event of arguments. Real regulators (FCA, ASIC, CFTC) are independent and funded by governments, were set up in response to public demand for customer protection, and can often help you if you need it. They do limit the leverage offered, though.

This issue is one of the most widely misunderstood subject in forex-trading, and especially in this forum.

1 Like

Welcooome! :blush: Similar to what Jane said, dealing with offshore brokers can be tricky since some (if not most) of them are not properly regulated. :open_mouth: But you might want to check out this thread where people with more experience with offshore brokers give their recos. :blush:

1 Like

Their explanations are pretty detailed too, and they’re open to questions! :blush:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community! I hope you find what you’re looking for! Enjoy your trading journey!

1 Like

Thank you for all those who replied.

Look like I have to go with Aussie brokers.

So far, I have been demo-ing them.

• Fusion Markets
  • FP Markets
  • FXOpen Au
    *Tickmill (Didn’t try until I saw there is no AUD option for deposit, disliked USD/GBP/EURO because of putting it too much into currency conversion)
  • Go Markets
  • Global Prime

Any other good regulated broker? Please list them.

Thank you.

I forget one thing is I need at least one regulated broker who run the London server? Most of them are using NY server location.

Pepperstone or maybe IG? I think they’re out there.

I did try Pepperstone but I don’t get a feeling with it due to the past scandal.

IG is the market maker. I prefer ECN.

Oh what was it about?

I googled it. Been reading alot of comments of Pepperstone from the other forum.

@dpan1277 I trade these Markets for a living here in Australia… I trade via the Ctrader Platform with both Pepperstone and ICMarkets (Both regulated by ASIC) for the last 7-8 years and have never had any issues with either of these Brokers…

If you look hard enough you will find previous issues at some level with ALL retail Brokers in these Markets… A lot of the negativity is blown up traders who had high expectations…

Now… I’m going to debunk the Elephant in these threads… Unregulated Brokers… Are unregulated Brokers dangerous to use… Yes… But there is a way to use them to your advantage with reasonably low risk…

Most new traders opening a CFD trading account will deposit $1000 or more to get some bang for their buck via a regulated 1:30 leverage Retail Broker…

I use an offshore (unregulated by ASIC!!) every now and again… I opened a 1:400 leveraged account with $100 balance about 3 years ago… When ASIC closed the door on high leveraged CFD Trading…

I was totally prepared to lose the $100 as a trial in the unregulated market. The plan was to open a 0.2 lot positions with ~$79 of margin ($999 @ 1:30) and slowly build the account up to $200… Once this target balance was achieved I withdraw $100 and continued on with trading my 0.2 positions and applied the repeat, wash, rinse principal…

For a tenth of the risk I had the same trading firepower…

If the Broker refused to pay out. My loss was $100… I’d get over it… The Broker did pay out and now I was trading with other peoples money… My risk with the this insidious unregulated Broker was now zero…

I have withdrawn various amounts from this account maybe 20 - 30 times over the past 3 years… Sometimes it is slower than Pepperstone or IC… But the funds eventually arrive safe and sound in my account…

Hope this gives a few here an insight into risk engineering…

This issue is one of the most widely misunderstood subject in forex-trading, and especially in this forum…

1 Like

So which unregulated broker did you use?

Thanks for explanation.

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well,

I have a concern regarding to brokers that are regulated by multiple regulatories like CySEC, ASIC, FCA and more importantly Off Shore Regulatories.

so here is my questions, I would be more than happy if someone who has a deep insights could answer this about brokers and have worked with them for many years

basically top tier ( tier 1 ) regulatories like CySEC, FCA, ASIC and etc. has limited the leverage for 1:20 or like 1:30, Now I’m a scalper on a 1min / 2 min chart, and I risk 2% or 1% of my account ( I have an average of 20 points of stop loss on indices ) which requires a leverage of at least 1:50 in order to risk 2 or 1 percent of your account with a 15 or 20 points of stop loss on indices.

so let’s say you sign up with a broker like pepperstone, and it has different entities for different regulatories as you might have noticed.

and they say always register under a tier 1 regulatory so don’t run into issues with brokers.

I wanted to know what if I register with pepperstone but with their off shore entity which gives me more than 1:30 leverage, am I safe just because it’s " pepperstone " or no, no matter the broker, If I want to be safe I need to always register under one of the entities that are under CySEC, FCA, ASIC.???

see I live in turkey, but since I have many accounts in different brokers, I saw that I can actually manually transfer my account to the tier 1 regulatory entities. let’s say ( FCA ), although when I register, the default registration is they put me under the off shore regulatories.

is it safe to register with these well known brokers but under their off shore regulatory ???

I would like to know every ones point of view on this…

No, definitely not!

1 Like