Banks activity in forex trading

Hi Traders,

I need your attention guys. I heard banks play a major rule in the forex market. And I found on some website that understands bank activities is the key to success. I am watching youtube videos and reading articles from websites over 2 years and I found they are all same things like BASIC. Most of the people talk about price action, trendline, support resistance, and blah blah blah. I know these are also very useful but I think banks are playing the main rule in the forex market. So we need to know more about banks activities.

So my questions are…

1. How to analyze banks activities?
  2. Where can I get their information and how to apply them?

I need your valuable reply guys.

Thanks!

1 Like

trading like the banks is key. I’m still trying to figure it out as well. Same Seiden on Youtube kind of talks about this in some of his vids.

1 Like

Did you find something about bank activities? I don’t know how to analyse them. I really need to know that.

you can’t, because the forex market isn’t centralized, and there isn’t a way of knowing what the big institutional players are doing

I know to track their activity is not easy. I just want to know, how to do fundamental analysis. I know many websites publish news. But I really don’t know how to analyze that news. Will you please explain a bit if you know the process?

Thanks for your reply!

it takes decades, not just years

this is one of the areas where you and i can never compete with the pros - they have huge budgets and teams of highly skilled, highly professional analysts working on it for their livings and huge salaries

it’s not a good avenue of approach for you and me, to put it mildly

there are other ways where our small size, agility and even some specialized techniques can sometimes work to our advantage

“fundamentals” isn’t one of them

Its easy to see when the big players are buying - price goes up. Of course, its impossible to find out which big players are buying or when they plan to stop but tin the meantime their buying leaves a trail that we see on the chart as an uptrend.

I’m not sure of the value in knowing and understanding why they’re buying currency X or why they’re not buying currency Y…

1 Like

OK watch this - real bank traders - trading !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNmbjQhTHnE

Then watch this ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_oET45GzMI

How you going to compete with that ? :wink:

1 Like

Not true @tommor, you have to research better…seriously … You posted in that thread…

@vejakak see here The Pitview software shows when LP’s (Banks) are buying and Selling…

Not when price is going up and down… there’s a difference…

2 Likes

What do you mean?

I’m consistently (and boringly) vocal about long-term trend following in forex. If a pair isn’t rising in an uptrend there isn’t a trend for me to buy into. So knowing who are the big players who are buying and how long they intend to do so is irrelevant to my strategy, until it moves price.

1 Like

Well start from corporate earnings report where you can see their assets and liabilities, financial health and investment plans. Try to see how the changes in corporate data affects prices action so you can get clear notion of market catalysts typical for banking sector.

1 Like

quite right

no - not sure here, either

when one big player buys a currency, another’s selling it to them, anyway

hope you don’t let TWB’s comments inhibit your helpful posting here

how does that help you to trade forex?

1 Like

It doesn’t help. The question was how to understand bank activities, I said start from unbiased data, because numbers never lie themselves.

Any opinions or advices from baby pips is always a reflection from somebody’s experience which is not always good or may not be experience at all.

Cheers.

1 Like