Big E Trading

A really “bumpy” morning today without any good setups at all. During the EUR/US session overlap som setups started to show up, and I jumped on the EURUSD. The trade went against me 27 pips before it took of to the downside. I exited at 1.4456 with a 75 pip profit. The price has stalled at that area several times. The tradetrigger for me in this trade was not only the TDI crossover, but also a nice “ghost” or head and shoulder pattern with a nice clean break of the neckline. My stochastic angle was a bit slow, but there was a good angle on the %D. Se pic below

so far i have tried trading 1H and 4H TF.

personally i find 4H easier to trade.

what abt u guys?

You are correct, the 4H is easier but remember to reduce your lot size (money mgt) because of the wider stops necessary for the 4H.

We start this week with a British bank holiday although the traders may still be at their desks and end with NFP. Maybe a good week to sit in the shade and watch grass grow. And Mon., 9/4 is a US holiday so have lots of goodies to munch and drink while sitting in the shade.

I’ve tried other systems, and now, like the prodigal son, I’ve returned. I am back to trading this system with a little extra help. I trade with the original SYNERGY system. This system here in the forum is just a stripped down version of Synergy. I found that the price action channel that follows the candles and the yellow market base line within the TDI really help me spot good trades. I’ve been getting on average +50 each day since 8/30. Including today which is a holiday here in the US.
Life is good.

Good show Amish - BigE always stressed making this stratery one’ own’s. Are you a Compass FX subscriber or only using what is free? Or is there another site for the original Synergy? PM if you don’t want to post something that might seem commercial to the admins. +50 pips is superb. d.

Good to hear from you again, D.
I just watch the free training videos on CompassFX’s site. There must be over 100!
I got up late today…only 20 pips, but that’s ok.

Thanks, I’ll take a look again. d

The NY session was tough on this old guy. 4 trades on 1H or 15M and had a net of minus six. Not an acct killer but a lot of work for nothing, I hope you all did better. d

I stood like a deer in headlights this morning. I didn’t see any set-ups I felt totally comfortable with. :eek:

I’ve been following this thread for about a month, opened my first demo with FinFX in July.

This system is fantastic, so far. I want to show you all my trade on the E/$ that I took yesterday morning. The horizontal lines show entry and exit.
I almost didn’t take this because I wouldn’t be home to monitor it.

I shorted around 7am EST and came home to +159 pips!!

I’ll continue to test this system on demo for another week or 2 before opening my 1st live account.

I’ll do my best to post my results here.

Great trade Viny!!

I shorted the E/$ @ 1.3616 on the 1H but currently it is going against me. I used the ATR7 for SL & TP, a 1:1 risk to reward. I hope it pans out.

The pr turned around & I just closed half for +37 pips, moved SL to BE+2 and I will let it run. Better than last week. There is a post on the other forum where someone analyzed the E/$ 1H TF during the London & NY session but ignored the Asian and he found 8 possible trades using the strict original rules and used a 60 Pip TP & swing hi/lo SL for a total of 480 pips. Plus some trades went for a lot more if one could monitor the chart. It made me think I can tell you. I just can’t let last week dim my vision for this strategy. d.

Today has been slow for me. Bought E/Y @ 105.458, and closed @ 105.574. I was lucky to have profited from a buy in a downtrend. I have 1 open trade…shorted $/Y.
Do you have any experience with MT4 apps for Android that allow the user to add indies and templates?

Not me as I barely know how to use the desktop. Sorry. d

Nice catch d.
It is hard to stay focused on one system when there is sooo much info and other free systems out there. I am happy to be back attempting to master one system. Today I got up a little late ( again ). I did not see any perfect set ups, so I just sat out this morning. I hate not trading, but I know that is a part of being disciplined.

We don’t need many trades - 2 trades a week that each nets 2% is 16%/month. I figure that with Dec to New Years and the last 2 weeks of August as poor trading times plus the many bank holidays we have roughly 10 mos. of trading. 10 X 16% is a healthy margin acct. Patience & discipline.

hi all!
I just wanted to have more clarification on the rules written on the 1st page. (thanks to Johnny)

“It is a much better signal to sell if the tdi is coming up from under the 50 line and a much better signal if the tdi is coming down from above the 50 line.”

Maybe what he means is better signal to BUY when the TDI is coming up from below the 50 line? and SELL if the TDI is coming down from above the 50 line? Am I right in my understanding?

Thanks!

Yes, you are correct BUT there are some that don’t pay that much attention to it. Watch the candles too, big bodies and not “wicky”.