Blizzy Trading Journal- AUD/CAD USD/CAD

Ok starting this journal this week

Im going to keep watch on oil news ! This week here are some things that I will be looking at Oil Prices Re-Test Key Resistance as Gold Falls to February Support

Short :AUD/CAD 0.94352 12:05pm (PST)

Short : USD/CAD 1.33160 11:54am PST

This currency made a pretty big jump after some news was released on Friday (3/1). I thought today that market would do a little bouncing around in the 1hr time frame.

USD/CAD - 1.33060 Success
AUD/CAD- 0.94200 Success

AUD/CAD: Short :0.94351

USD/CAD : Short : 1.33448

AUD/CAD - Learning…hit stop loss
USD/CAD- Success

If you are still looking at this journal…thanks :slight_smile: I’m working on posting more details on why I am choosing my trades. It has been hard enough to be accountable taking a screen shot and posting!! Time to step out of the comfort zone :upside_down_face::money_mouth_face:

USD/CAD : Short 0.94624

AUD/CAD: Short 1.34362

USD/CAD: Short 1.34357

AUD/CAD: Short 0.94423

(3/6) USD/CAD: Success
(3/6) AUD/CAD: Success

Some news …NFP PREVIEW: DOLLAR INDEX NEAR 2018 HIGH AHEAD OF JOBS DATA

USD/CAD: LONG 1.34566
1hr Chart

AUD/CAD: SHORT 0.94353

On this trade I decided to use some of the information from the article to change adjust my strategy… I set my stops double what I usually choose. news article could go in my favor catch some pips. But I really think if this does happen it will be for a short period and go back to the trend. The USD/CAD trade I took a long position for the first time this week. I need to re read my research and I’ll post a link…might take me a min ha !

Hope everyones trading has been fun this week!! :grinning:

Hi, how do you pull the trigger when looking for buy/sell position? Thanks

LOL…well I am glad that I got that out of my system. Both trades hit their stops and too top it off I doubled my stop loss!! And still took the trade knowing it would be a 50/50. In one way it feels good because up until this point I was sticking to my trading plan and not allowing just one thing to control my decision on how I am trading.

With this I was able to baseline my emotions because I trust what I am learning which keeps me from acting impulsively. Even writing this now feels a little impulsive and I feel like I am venting, well I am not trying to vent when I am trading! And these last couple trades feel like impulsiveness all the way around from the size of the trade to the trade in general.

I was also realized I was riding a wave that could or could not form again. The wave being that the news articles was going to have such a dramatic effect that I could trade without taking into account my other analysis.

I will be posting soon about how I am making my choices in my trade setups. Thanks for reading the vent.

AUD/CAD- Learning , hit stop loss
USD/CAD - Learning , hit stop loss

USD/CAD: 11:31am pst 3/8/19 Short 1.34015 closed hit target profit :3:11 pm (pst) 3/10/2019

AUD/CAD: 11:33am pst 3/8/19 Short 0.94474

Hey Jahruhay! S/R lines, candlestick, 200 MA, 50MA, STochastic and ATR. Set my S/R, use the 4 hr chart to look at MA and then determine if I am going to short or buy, If the indicators are going against the trend Ill wait until I get the right signal that the trade will conform with my strategy. I trade off the 1hr chart after checking trend. Im still learning how to explain it better (technically). Also I am currently working in demo account. My real account has little over $150! So I trade the demo like I would trade normally. Another thing I’d like to point out is that I generally take profit around 10-15pips and my trade is done. MY stop loss is usually around 15-20pips (depending on the chart) but is far as I know this is what I have been doing without adjusting mid trade.
Recently I tried using a few news articles that I thought was going to make a difference. So I got on my high horse and traded against the plan because I knew that this would be a big deal. It was! Just not in my favor.

does that help any? ha thanks for reaching out ! this community is strong :fist:t5:

AUD/CAD
Position size: 4000 Units
Entry: 0.94382 Short: 3:27pm (PST)
Market : Downtrend, Retracement probably going to hit old resistance and bounce back down, possible news articles could shift it
4hr Chart & 1hr Chart MA, ATR for pip movement
Stop: 20 pips (0.94862)
Target: 0.94232

AUD/CAD
Stop hit: 3:01 am (PST) -20 pips