Trading really is mirror of my emotions

BLizzy85 here! I am new to trading and currently using a forex demo account! Recently I’ve been noticing the habits in my trading are very similar to the ones that I hold in the outside world. I didn’t realize this until I started documenting my trading. I find the psychology behind trading to be a very fascinating way to learn about yourself.
Reading post of other traders and the emotions that they have helped me realize that this site is an awesome support group. I’m going to start putting my trade journal up soon! Happy trading everyone and thanks for letting me introduce myself.

UPDATE: here is a link to my trading journal ill start adding as soon as I can ! Blizzy Trading Journal- AUD/CAD USD/CAD

3 Likes

Welcome to the party. The journal is a great idea. Psychology is often overlooked, so now that you’ve identified it as important, you’re already ahead of the game.

1 Like

Welcome, yes I agree, emotions are a massive part of trading, most of the time they can negatively effect trading ,especially when your actual money s involved.

1 Like

Hi Blizzy, your observation is exactly the same as mine, I have realised that usually one’s trading performance can not be isolated from his/her emotional state, the same way as destructive emotions are likely to ruin relationships with loved ones, destructive emotions are likely to ruin your trading account balance. With this realisation, my Trading experience is providing me with an opportunity for self mastery and development

1 Like

Welcome. As I see you`re one step in front all ready so good luck and success.

1 Like

Hi Blizzy! Welcome to BP! Looking forward to see more of you and your trading journal.

1 Like

Thanks!! I look forward to sharing and learning!!

I feeeeel you!!! What have you noticed emotionally with your trades thus far?

There are various emotions in Forex. You start realising them when you start trading, but usually nobody prepares you for them. It is important to recognise all these emotion and learn how to control them as they might impact your trading

2 Likes