Bobmaninc's quest to short the Aussie into extinction

Thanks man I take it you have my facebook. Anyhow I was stopped out yesterday for 70 pips and have not found another entry I liked so I am on the side line currently. I might see what is going on later before church but not holding high hopes.

actually I’m a girl, and haven’t got your facebook site :))) but no problem. right now i planned to long eurusd and eur aud but dont know what to do with aud usd, and dont know if I’m right at the two trades. It’s the usual dunno when the trend will end and will it reverse question :slight_smile:

Oh sorry lol. I figured you had my facebook since you mentioned my kids haha.:56: Well if anyone wants my facebook here it is

Robert Mathern | Facebook

As far as the Aussie Banker is correct watch the RBA rate cut coming. Interest rates are honestly the only news events I pay very close attention to as they can and will cause long term trends in the market place. Right now would have been a good time to get short on the Aussie but I am at work and cant trade it. We seem to of had a nice pull back into resistance. This area marks and OTE if you drew a fib from the weeks high to low. On the yahoo chart it seems to have made a short term double top. This is also right on US market open. Sure there are some pivot in there as well.

Bob
Which one of ICT’s video explain the concept of OTE. Can you recall… I just need to understand that concept a little more clearly.

Thanx Bob, it’s a pitty that I can’t trade either today. I wanted to wait till it reaches 1.045 -double top at 4H.

It is mentioned in nearly every video he has but this is the one where he covers OTE

Optimal Trade Entry - Inner Circle Trader - YouTube

Thanks Bob

I’m not that spy-tipe and I’m glad we can chat here in this great platform. but anyway, thanks for your invitation to fb-page, if it was, I can’t decide it if it was or you suspected that I’m a spy :smiley: i’mgetting ridiculuos, haha.

so I better go back to charts, I shorted a/u and as it tests back to 1.045, will add another.

Huge bull candle on the daily.
Seems as If the bias has changed to buy on this pair.
What do you all think?

I think it’s because you’re a girl, we don’t get too many of those around here so maybe Bob came over all flustered. I’ve ‘known’ him for a couple of years and he has never invited me round to his Facebook page for coffee!

LMAO ST you are always welcome. The invite was more because I had mentioned she must already be on my facebook since she commented on my kids. Not something that happens to often here on BP as well. I cant go flirting with all the women traders here (although the thought has come up :D) or Mrs bobmaninc will revoke my citizenship here lol. If a stray to far she is sure to pull the slack out of the leash.

Now back to trading as promised to someone I would update this on my trade ideas so they are. I actually tried to post this last night but something went wrong and the post did not go through and I didnt feel like retyping this. Anyhow there was a trade setting up last night but I did not get in for a couple reasons that I will share.

Here is a daily chart

It does not really show to much other than some levels I am watching in the near term.

The 4HR

this chart show the trade I was looking for as price was in OTE from the high made on 9/20 (or 20/9 for those over the pond). This level is Also a S/R level that I did not have marked but look to the left and it was the 128 fib of the high made on 9/25 (25/9 :p). Price was diverging with the Kiwi so I was looking to get in but I was waiting for candle confirmation or volume to pick up which never happened

Here is the 1HR

This just show the setup I was looking at a little better as it is zoomed in

I never took the trade as it just did not develop as clear as I would have liked and with it approaching Friday I decided to sit it out. Also By the way Price action played out this week it seems to be forming a bullish pinbar on the weekly so this is telling me momentum might have shifted back to the upside for now. This made me unclear as to price direction so I decided to sit on the sideline for now.

Well, It fall today like a stone. Yesterday I burned from this pair while shorting. If I kept a 100 pip stop loss then today I can close at least with a 25 pip profit.

Anyway like bob said weekly going to close like a pin bar. Above a 4H chart showing broken falling trend line. Now it retesting.

Will Long next week if weekly end up like a pin.

Happy weekend to all.

Hi all, I grabbed some pips from today sell. My concept is, that eu and au goes fairly together and as the news isn’t that good nowadays, i wanted to jump in. what will tey do on monday i dunno, but I closed the trade for the weekend.
Your charts are good, even though I’m insist on this weird short idea : I will wait till it goes back up to 1.044x and tests that belowed level. As I see weekly as a double top, and on daily a tweezer, i will try a short-term short that I’m waiting so long :16:

have a chilled weekend!

ps.: hold me in if it isn’t a tweezer… I’m a newbie

but anyhow I see it, AudJen is looks like waiting for a slide too. And If I would be in from 1.06 on AU ( as I’m not :17: ) I wouldn’t throw this nice opportunity to take it on another (last?) trip.
C’mon, say if I’m a fool!

The minimum it should take, to go 26 of september Low: 1.032, then (bounce or not) 1.029 -MA150 on daily and an early july top, around (05.07.) then (bounce or not) if everything goes well, parity.
I couldn’t stand not to illustrate my girlish view :smiley:

used MAs: WMA150 - blue , EMA 20 - pink , SMA8 - lilac with broken line.

hey kores, what are all those horizontal lines on your daily chart?
the lines are located around 1.0125 to about 1.0500, thanks,

I hear that! We just have to make sure that our wives never find out about kores and we’ll be fine.

Crazy day yesterday - my AUD/CAD Short looked like a terrible idea, then a great idea, then it wasn’t sure, it has been a roller coaster. I was stopped out on an intraday EUR/AUD Short, too, Price has been bucking around a fair bit recently. I have found the overall moves okay to predict, but they’re not playing out very cleanly. Hindsight says wider Stops would have helped… but the trouble with hindsight is that it’s never around at the key moment!

Hi FringFX, I’ll tell you if you help me about the daily candles. My view, that the last two is a tweezer. Is that or isn’t ? :20:

Hi Bob, next week will have RBA rate cut from 3.5% to 3.25% as forecast from news.
If rate really got cut to 3.25%, will AUDUSD drop?
I feel that RBA will have rate cut next week.

What is your opinion on next week trade, overall will you think it will be a bear or bull week because of the news??
As Salimvp say the falling trend has been broken in 4H.

I would not consider that a tweezer top. Its is very close and price surely tried hard to form one but its just not clean enough IMO. Also I like the analysis you posted and I agree for the most part I will post my thoughts going into this week as it should be a mover this week.

Yes the fallen trend line on the 4hr was broken to the north and retested so I could see price going up at least in the short term. Keep and eye for PMI data comming out of china it is expected to be pretty good and I could see it pushing price up to the area that kore mentioned (1.044-1.045) to run stops resting above last weeks highs. This would also make a higher high which would suggest an uptrend forming as we will now have higher lows and higher highs painting on the 4hr. This would also confirm that the 200 daily sma has held as support.

Now with the rate cut coming on Tuesday I see it going 2 ways. One can expect some reaction if the rate is in fact cut and maybe painting a low for the week. My fear here though (sorry am I allowed to speak of the word fear on this site?) is that the market may have already priced the rate cut in. If it did then the 200 sma on the daily should hold as support and we could see higher prices. Keep in mind that even though the Aussies are expected to cut rates they are still considerably higher than the USD’s rates suggesting they are still a stronger currency.

Now if price can push below that 200 sma then the cut was not priced in and price could go down way down. So I will play my technicals this week and if they line up with the events coming early in the week I will get in about where kore stated. However Keep wide stops as you can expect to see some market manipulation and stop running.

Then assuming I am in a profitable trade I will trail my stop coming into the end of the week dont forget there a lot a news Friday with unemployment data, private payrolls, and of course NFP. I would expect this to be a major market mover. Its all expected to be good news for the USD but as we all know anything can happen.

I will not bother to post a chart as kore posted a good chart and I just posted one of the daily. It has not changed much. I have my levels marked on my chat in my last post that I am and have been watching.

So there you have it as for me going into the week I will be watching the news closely but will be playing the technical side of things keep risk down as with everything going down this week one could see some nice profits in either direction. So no need to throw risk up there keep it low and be nible, be quick and be ready. Load up those sniper rifles and lay in wait.