Bobmaninc's quest to short the Aussie into extinction

Yunny1, I’d like to ask you how do you determine TP!? I’m also long aud-us, entry 1.0254.
Need your advice

Thank you very much for mentioning. The question was about how He is measuring his TP. but your advice is welcomed too.

Hi, I personally won’t be going long A/U unless near 1.0224. In the AUD/NZD here is my trade, looking for a retest of a previous support, now resistance area at 1.2638

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/yunny11/eurusd130.png

:smiley: yeah very close… of course I am taking that Fibo to the extreme… since we do not know yet if 1.2369 is a temporary bottom… I am relying only on S/R so is not the best looking set up :smiley:

Sorry Bob for posting about a long trade in your thread :54:

Thank you very much for both of Your concepts. Now it verifies that asking questions can be good. Thank you for your help!!!

Hi everybody. I got trapped now on audusd pair. Long @ 1.0442 friday morning. SL 10 pips below 1.0163. I thought it would go up since it formed falling wedge in uptrend. Yes i’m a newbie. I hope i can find a good mentor somewhere here in the west coast. Any suggestios?

Wow glad to see mt thread have some life. I know I said I would not show another live trade again but today was a bad day. Although I did not get a chance to close my trade so that is going well. My other house I own someone decide to break in and rob today. So I had other things to deal with. I found a new low respect for the police where I moved and remember why I left.

Anyhow here is my trade since taken the screen shot I have moved my stop to lock in 100 pips profit. In hindsight I see my ideal entry was the pinbar with 50% retracment of the candles wick but I was not there to trade it. I still got in good so no complaints

Sorry I didnt take a screen shot of the entry I have been busy lately and didnt have time. I honestly did but was watching a movie and just seen the setup and fired the shot. sitting over 140 pips currently. Price did break the daily and the 1.03 fig and held so I have decided to just move the stop down to protect profits. I was oing to close and what little time I did have before getting the call of my house being robbed I really didnt see anything technically sayin to get out. Have a good night guys I know I will everything that was stolen is insured so I am not worried about that. All in all nothing will break my spirits. I have gotten very good at anticipating this pairs moves. I may not always be right and I have not made as much as last year (more one that coming soon) but accuracy is doing great and so has my trading. Seen my ups and downs this year but there has been more ups than downs and thats what it is about right.

Hello all, and congrats again for those here that are [B]faithfull with the topic of this thread[/B], and are making LOT of money beeing disciplined and honest with their opinions.

The path to parity is at 200 pips now. Still 200 pips to make, almost 100% certain, simply be patient and don’t be distracted by others and short term market noise.

I’m short from 1.05xx and 1.04xx, but took profit from a good part of my trade along the way, especially yesterday and tonight. Still some trades open that i wont close before 1.0000 :wink:

Most charts are oversold this morning, but more room for downside still possible. I’ll watch closely the market this morning, and add new shorts positions (AUDUSD, AUDJPY, AUDCAD, AUDCHF, AUDSGD and long EURAUD) on every good rebound.

This may also be a day (or 2) for some scalping, before the trend will resume his fall to parity (and under).

Good luck all !

Sorry Bob hearing that your House robbed. But Good Trade there. :slight_smile: [we earn some and loss some, we earn one way and loss it another way lol…]

Hope fully it reach at parity like GGFund said. I’m looking at 1.0175 area first breaking this level lead to the Parity IMO.

Hi Bob,

Seriously sorry to hear about your burglary, not nice at all. At least you weren’t there at the time. My wife and I were burgled a few years ago, before we had kids fortunately, and we were upstairs asleep while they burgled the downstairs. Lost some sleep following that. My wife was just glad that they did not come upstairs, as she figured I’d have ended up either in the hospital or in prison, neither a good outcome.

Anyway, back to trading: my AUC/CAD Short hit TP for +115 pips, nice solid trade, so I will be looking for intraday shorting opportunities to join the AUD/USD party. I won’t hold overnight again until next week.

ST

It was not the house I actually live at that got robbed but one I rent out. There was no one there last night. It just buggs me the police did nothing. I understand there is not much they can do but damn.

I did see the Aussie continued moving to the down side over night. I did not move my stop down any further as it remains @ 1.0264 as of this morning. I left it for 2 reasons

1. if I get stopped I am happy with the profits
  2. I just didnt really see a good place to move it to
  3. Some retracement is likely soon (at least for the short term).

Ok thats 3. Fells good to be finally in a trade as my trading has taken a bit of a slump as of late. No real losses but just no trading going on

Figured I would post up a chart and update my short here. I am still in as of right now about 175 pips in profit. If price can go a little further south and hold below the 1.02 fig I will move my stop just above the consolidation. 1.02 was a strong area last year. Not so much this year but I will not count it out. If price can break this level and pullback it test it then paint a entry I might scale in since I am so far in profit. I risked 1% with a 30 pip (roughly cant remember the exact stop) and it has been bringing in about 2% a day so far. A little less after figuring in the swap. Always keep in mind when shorting the Aussie into extinction and holding trades you are on the wrong side of the swap.

Enough said here is a chart

Hi Bob really outstanding.

Thanks sharebazar. I wound up getting 120 pips on that trade. I trailed the stop down to above the consolidation at the 1.02 fig. I see price spiked up and pretty sure it took me out. Oh well cant be upset with the turnout of this trade.

hi all,
don’t you find it interesting, that they write it down, that the pair will fall back a “bit” at 1.3030? here:
Forex: EUR/USD breaks above 1.3000 (you’ll find it on the last paragraph)
I just post it here, because parallel with that, at that very moment, gold and aud/usd also falls back. and this fall is just so fearsome. I really dont know which of my instinction told me that would happen,when I started to write here in tis thread.

move appears to be sparked by fomc meeting minutes released today. Not sure if that was the reason

uhm, thanks for remarking it. still dont know why I had that intuition.
Bod, you think it (au/us) will go upper after the fomc?? (i wouldn’t. but wanna hear your thoughts)

To be honest I dont pay to much attention to meeting minutes. They can cause some movements and it did. At least enough to tag my stop. Probably for the better as tomorrow is NFP and a whole lot going on. Time to take a long weekend.

In my opinion all this news like meeting minutes and NFP are just there to create liquidity. They mean very little as far a market movers. Yes they cause spikes that get reactionary traders excited. For me I pay attention to long term movers like interest rates and stuff like that. Those can create long term trends. I prefer to sit back and watch tomorrows madness unfold.

quick update… took profits 2/3 of my position at the first resistance (1.2490)

1/3 left, SL @ BE

Thanks, and I respect your thoughts. I just want to highlight, that in other pairs, say, usd/cad and gbp/us … mainly those that not include eu, us, au this pullback was nothing. but in eu/us and aud/us, it can generate a lower “recess”; a continuation of that “1.3030 moment” . i dunno. sorry that i was coming up with this dim idea. I try to hold in myself about thinking too much cloudy and write it here. it’s much better if i just watch your charts and what others think.