Bobmaninc's quest to short the Aussie into extinction

hi, you mean at about 4 am? I currently eyeing and waiting a double top on 15Min.chart and wanted to short from there. but if turbulence is coming, we can short it after :56:

ok, you saved me a short! thank you! it’s 10:30 PM here, I may give myself 2 hours to be awake :slight_smile:
Would you short it after that? I expected price to climb to 1.03 level but this monday wasn’t enough for it.

here, midnight exactly, price is ascending. both eur and aud but eur seems weaker.
and descending a quarter later. eur seems stronger.
ok, I wont be a sport commentator:) we are where the 100 SMA is. ok, give it a try…
second ascending - eur still stronger
slowly reach each-other and it seems, they could go on together, long. aud is 1.0253 now

i’m out and very sleepy, though it s interesting. see you tomorrow, and thanks for trading:7:

dont think so. i think it will reach your short areas later.
poor eur-aud. i m longing it too. it s quiet rare when all my 3 pair goes in the same direction. somehow if it s unsustainable…?

Yeh looks like it is recovering a bit… I had decided before the minutes release that I would exit if it went below 1.0250… It did so I exited when it came back to BE.

Next key data to trade Aussie this week will be Chinas GDP.

Hi all,

I also failed to find good trades with the Aussie the past days and today.

The RBA minute was pessimistic indeed, suggesting more downside for the Aussie. But maybe [B]not yet[/B], my feeling and charts suggest more consolidation or/and upward for the Aussie, i’ll be cautious this week before the China data. Finally, i’ll be glad to short in the 1.03xx even 1.04xx, some analysts say even more upwards, we will see.

Sell stop ready in case of a sudden fall.

Good luck all.

I’ve remained on the sidelines for few days. Since the low on 08 Oct, the AUD/USD daily chart has made a higher high and a higher low, I’m in long on a break up 1.029, or short on a break down of 1.0149.

Yes, a breakout setup may be a very good idea, your prices (short from 1.0149 and long from 1.029) are good.

I’ll amuse a bit with EURCHF (scalping) while waiting for a breakout with the Aussie.

See you,

same thoughts here! I wanted to ask if lastnight play can repeat itself in another price! good luck

still after that I will look for a short idea about 1.3xx

and I want just add, that gbp/usd is very interesting, it seems to me, it shows similar movements with aud/usd. want somebody to start a thread with short the pound to extinction? :wink: we should start after 1.62… I’mserious but i don’t guarantee nothing. right now i’ve shorted both and it’s in synchron. gbp reached it’s TP.

btw, somebody on a short at usd/cad? TP 0.97
started to short eu/gbp, usd/cad -hope it’s not early
and long gbp/usd and a bit aud/usd.

i started to suspect, gbp is the next real problem after aud.

Honestly I have a long from Sunday from 1.0215. I tried to post it last night but my internet was not working. I think I need to get another router so I should be back today. Stop was below the 1.02 fig. I set a TP at lastweeks high which I see is about to be tagged (if not already)

Yes the cable and fiber do follow follow the Aussie ok but the Kiwi (nzd/usd) now thats on that is stuck to the Aussie like glue.

Pretty sure my TP was hit Which is shaping up for a nice short later tonight maybe. I am hoping to see it run any stops above last weeks highs Then I will ride it back down to hopefully the 1.02 fig

I’m with you on this one too :), GBP is way overvalued. But as always, timing is everything, and the difficulty is to find a good entry point to short the cable to parity (oh… maybe not to parity ;), but to 1.50 i’m in).

I will warn about shorting one of the worlds oldest currencies into extinction. I will be much harder than you think thats why it has been in power for so long. Thats why I plan on taking out the Aussie. Then move over to the yen. The Euro will crumble on its own it does not need my help. Then the GBP will have no where to hide

kiwi is completely out of my focus unless its on my table.
right now i’m contemplating to short aud/us when gbp/us reaches 1.615-but dontknow if it’s wise… it can be that level what GG and djHenry go long :rolleyes: okay price has made the decision…

I do not actually trade the KIWI but it is always good the check for correlations to the Aussie. I am going to look to get short but cant right now. I am at work. Does appear to be forming a double top in lower time frames. Not sure this crappy line chart I am looking at stinks at best. Plus I would like to see price reach a little higher maybe just above the 1.03 or more precisely the 128 fib level from last weeks high to low. Toss in a Pivot or MA in there and we are golden

I’m keeping the short till 1.025-4 and expect a bounce (-dunno if happens) Yes, as long as I can recognise a double top, it’s on the 15minute chart and my pivot indicator projected 1.0301 in this timeframe. see the same on 1H. can I consider this last top pivot as a possible shorting point? it would be cool.
need to educate myself abut pivots! right now i’m using the pivot indicator but still under construction to explore what to think about it…

What pivot are you using the daily pivot? I use the daily a lot but mainly like to look at the weekly pivots. I mainly use it to gauge where price is in relation to market flow. When price is up in the R1, R2 levels those are good spot to get short. Also pay attention to mid pivots as those can be relevant areas to watch. However like anything else they mean nothing honestly. But I think there is a weekly pivot in the area of the 128 fib from last weeks high to low and a Nice S/R area in there as well. Thats why I say that is the zone I will look to get short but price must be confirming this if we get there or else I will not trade it.

I just can choose “pivot points” amongst indicators as I add study and it depends which one I see on which timeframe I’m at. at weekly, last pivot is 1.0806 on the up and 0.9998 on the down. as they are very far from a daily trading I won’t use these daytrading. and about my fibo, I hate it cause I don’t have numbers in it where I trade but I will look after.

wow, how could I became junior from newbie? :38: thats time, we all go old…

Congrats you now have over a hundred posts.