Bobmaninc's quest to short the Aussie into extinction

Last update: the remaining 1/3 of my position was closed yesterday at 1.2638 :slight_smile:

I dunno I could see it break it and go to run stops above here maybe even tag the 1.04 fig later during Asia open. Almost suprised London close didnt do more but for now things should settle down one would think and coast on into GDP

Yunny, just imagine! I shorted aud/nzd before I read your post. so happy to be together in the trade! itā€™s just one step for a newbie, but great step forward.
ok, it wasnā€™t done alone, because if you havenā€™t mention nzd in this forum I would not done it (:

and I also made a decision! Iā€™m shorting the pound and eur against usd in the longer term. though Iā€™m not sure how to grab that.

Did you mean long?

wuhuuu! You are a real surfer now! a great congrat! :slight_smile:

Hi, and no. I seriously meant that now Iā€™m shorting or trying to short aud/nzd and I believed Yunny has just closed it at 1.2638 and now shorts it. sorry. so Iā€™m surfin alone, okay maybe the waves will drift meā€¦ my position is at .2626

cad is behind the walls! long it

I also got short @ 1.0385. I wanted to hold off till the 1.04 fig but I dont think we are going to get there. We had some bearish stoch divergence made at the high of the day on the 15 min. The daily I am anticipating a false break on the downward trendline and the 200 sma. The high of the day created a doji (sort of) on the 15 min and the next candle tested the 50% mark of the top wick on the doji. I was not able to get in there as I was at work but price retested this level and I got in. technically this is not the best entry I have ever made but I am pretty confident in my trade so I entered.

Along with the technicals if GDP come in lower than expected (or even as expected though wont be as strong as a move) the rest of the reports due such as retail sales, and industrial production should also take a hit. If this does occur it shows some serious slowdown over there. This I see one can expect a risk off environment and generally the Aussie will get slammed by this type of event. In the event I am wrong my stop is pretty tight to get me out fairly quickly @1.0420. As I type this we have an hour and 15 minutes to crunch time good luck and happy pipin

hahahhahah
Good one

Retail sales are better then expected
Is that mixed data?

Agreed with banker GDP was key and well not what I was looking for but not enough for me to cut and run. Still pretty sure the rest of the data is why we just painted what one could expect to be the high for the week. If not then so be it. I was kind of hoping to have just looked and my charts and would be able to but an order in for my yacht. Well I think I will have to wait on that lol. Still technically I see lower prices but not as fast as I expected.

morning! time to buy eur/aud as well (: and short aussie
have a good day

hm, bought some eur/usd to hedge the shortā€¦ this china data is like just for it. TP .317-9
eur/gbp is in a range in an uptrend. I would expect to reach a tricky double top (ok.16 high). than if euro seems to be weak against it, the whole goes south and as eu/gbp is a great indicator for some, it can set the seal on his fate. but its my friday or nextweek fantasy

Iā€™ll be a bit nervous if gbp/usd turns back
the main problem is, that itā€™s falling against aud too
so my main problem is the pound in this game

I donā€™t want to write another post, as I already think that some of you can be fed up with me, so I write here my vision about this game we are being played.
If eur/aud should get to 1.29-30, then eur/us must reach some high area while aud/usd ranges or just strenghtens little (it can be a range or an uptrend channel which is fated to fall)
Than eur/usd should weaken slowly as aud/usd weaken drastically till reaches its ground. gold can reaches some resistance than and starts to go up. aud will rise again as well, as it reached its platform.

For this cruel plan eur/aud needs to go up, thats why I was frightened from it from the beginning. Cause when it reaches its destination it can fall deep back, guaranteeing a big profit for wallstreet all the way up, than down.
In this process, they consider eur/usd the scapegoat. but as a scapegoat is just as what it means, the problem is something else. and now Iā€™d like to listen to a sexpistols anthem. God save us!

Hi all,

If I was an Aussie bull, i woulnā€™t add long positions at this price, the risk/reward isnā€™t that good, RSI too high, and a [B]downtrend in the China GDP[/B].

Iā€™m with you with new shorts @1.0380/1.0390.

Good luck all !

whats with the market?!, yeah, itā€™s not easy to rise, when eu/gbp falls, eh? the great indicator. or maybe the Queen has read my post and decided to do it in another way. or itā€™s so obvious that itā€™s now hard to do for the market, cause everybody plays that. cā€™mon, long the euro!
itā€™s a fortune that I have aussie in short, hehe.

I will wait for the next entry, if the price bounce back to 1.04 level again then I am in the trade.

Hi!
just long the euro/usd till then :slight_smile: - without any sarcasm - or what will lift it? :smiley:
but at the right time! eur/aud still goes up ā€¦

Now I see some PA that I like for a intraday tradeā€¦

Short order at 1.0394 SL 1.0411 TP 1.3011

Order valid for the next 24 hours.

I bet thereā€™s full house with high-frequency traders this day.

Well I was stopped didnt get what I was expecting so it is no surprise. Small loss the long entry I had earlier this week leaves me in a small profit. I took the day off from work (with pay :)) so I think I am going fishing. I still see price dropping but I am not seeing anything I like and will sit out till I see something on higher timeframes. Just not seeing that today so to the water I go later everyone. Going to enjoy my day off

SL now at BEā€¦