BOJ Trading Robot

Discussing the BOJ Trading Robot here.
It was created by Scooby-doo & SteveHopwood on the Forexfactory; scooby-doo BOJ JPY pairs trading robot @ Forex Factory.

There is alot of info there about different robots. If you just want to start I suggest you download ‘[B]scooby-doo trading robots.zip[/B]’ & ‘[B]scooby-doo robot indicators.zip[/B]’. Read the manual and setup the original robot.

As far as I understand all these other robots there are based on this original robot, and are still in the testing/demo fase. The original robot is proven to be profitable on a live account.

This robot trades based on the interventions of the Bank of Japan ( BOJ ) on the Forex market.

My results: Error | Myfxbook

Thanks for the link to the robot and the thread!

Have you tried backtesting it? I should rephrase that… CAN IT BE backtested? It trades two pairs, and backtests for me only showed losses, not a single winning trade. Of course, it fetches newstimes from the web, which are not available during backtesting, and I’m not even sure you can buy several pairs during a backtest.

I cannot really forwardtest it at the moment, it trades at a rather bad time for me. I’ll be able to leave the computer on at traiding times in a couple weeks.

Your results look great pietpatat, I will go ahead and set this up on a demo with forex.com and see what happens. Anyone else who is trading this demo or live who can share their results?

No this robot cannot be backtested because of it trades 2 pair.

I am trying to set scooby-doo in my vps provided by forex.com but I am having trouble getting the sellhourstarts, buyhourstarts, and nextpublicholiday settings since I need the local time for the vps and I don’t know where the vps is hosted/located. I asked support, they don’t know via live chat, they said they would email me once they found out, at first they said NY, but then I looked up the ip for the log-in page => vps.metatraderhosting.com/erp/gain/login/ and the whois lookup results tell me it’s in texas. I’ll wait for forex.com’s reply.

Should we attach the robot to only the GBPJPY chart? or should we also attach the robot to the EURJPY chart? I have 2 charts, the robot itself attached to the GBPJPY chart, and the reconnectEA.mq4 attached to the EURJPY chart, both M15.

Thanks Pietpatat.

I have set this up on demo with Alpari. For some reason my original demo account of megadroid with FXCM stopped working so I will at some point set up a joint demo and list on myfxbook.

Cheers

:smiley:

Thats my understanding. The manual makes reference to using the 15M and 1hr timeframes but it doesn’t say you have to open the 1hr chart as well. The EAreconnect should be on the EURJPY chart

might just be me as mine are both on GMT but can’t you check the clock on bottom right and then work out the difference between it and GMT. FYI current GMT is 20:41

Ok Set up on a fresh demo account and also connected to my fx:

http : // www .myfxbook.com/members/DoomLord

going to read the really long thread to get some more background on the settings.

Pietpatat,

Can you briefly tell us how you set up scooby-doo?
Your’s seems to be working well.

Thanks in advance.

I’m having everything on default. You only have to change the buy/sellhourstarts. There is a good manual in the zip file where it explains how to set it up.

Whilst the BOJ statement is a bit boring, the other PDF that shows you how to set up the bot is really important - read it, understand it and if you get stuck come back.

Had my first loss last night. Lost 2.5%, not too bad.

Hmm, my demo hasn’t traded yet at all. It’s sharing a demo account with HiRider from FRWC though, so it’s almost like it can’t get a word in edgeways :smiley:

But seriously, I haven’t had time to check its parameters beyond getting it running. My VPS is GMT, so the time settings were easy. I need to spend a bit of quality time on it this weekend.

Ok, so now my demo is trying to trade but I get ‘error 130, invalid stops’. Any ideas?

Me too. I think I may turn the robot of on the sunday candle.

I think you need to change the “CriminallsECN” property.

Four winning trades for me this morning. The loss from last night has been covered:

http: // www .myfxbook.com/members/DoomLord/scooby-do-boj/20392

Had 4 trades las night. 3 winners 1 loser.
Alpari UK Demo.

Ok got the myfxbook set up too

myfxbook.com/members/WendyL/wendyboj/20808

Your trades were for the morning session today - you missed last nights loosers. I am swtiching off trading on the sunday candle.