BOJ Trading Robot

Zorba

I got the same error message in this mornings trades. I will follow Doom Lord’s advice and change the “CriminallsECN” property value.

Cheers

P

It does mention in one of the pdf’s files that you shouldn’t trade the first sunday candle. Found it odd however that this wasn’t the default setting then :confused:

I’m also running the sunday candle on, and got the loss last night. I will just keep it on as it’s a demo, and when I go live I decide what’s best.

@Doom Lord - thanks for that, it seems to have calmed down now.

I have all the settings on default apart from CriminalisECN (now), Trade Sunday candle and Hedging. Yet to see a trade but my hopes are high.

It’s a race between it and HiRider!

Got two long trades open now. Alpari UK Demo.
CriminalECN default (false).

Also have two long trades on Alpari Demo.

I got my first trade last night at 1.25gmt. seems a little odd. my vps shows gmt (us based though) so I thought it might be ok. time for some digging I guess.

A Loss for me last night.

OK Trades opened for me for the morning session, on FXDD and Alpari demo - FXDD Short Alpari - Long

Both Long and Short trades closed for Profit.

The bot is doing terrible the last few days. Went from 4% to -5%.

I just noticed something in the manual that might be interesting;
The bot trades based on 2 ‘waves’, kinda like MD also trades on 2 strategies.

If it opens a SELL prior to Tokyo open it trades based on the original strategy, ( wave 1? ).
If it opens a BUY prior to Tokyo open it trades based on another strategy, ( wave 2? ).
Please correct me if I’m wrong because I still don’t understand fully.

Because alot of people are saying right now on the FF thread to turn off wave 2, I put them next to eachother to compare results.

Wave 1 losses: 2/9
Wave 2 losses: 1/3

Wave 1 average loss = $386
Wave 2 average loss = $755

Not much results to compare ( as I only had this bot on for 1 week ). But if I turned off wave 2 my results would be better. I will just keep it on to get more results.

Loaded this up the other day and first trade was a loss. Since then had six successful trades and now only down 1%. BTW anyone try looking at any of the EA’s from scooby.

I hear good results from Scooby’s Holy grail ( THG 1.6 ), but I’ll wait for the new 2.0 version next week.

A Loss for me last night:

http :// Scooby Do BOJ System | Myfxbook

And me. Off topic, but is there a way to filter myfxbook trades as I have a mixture of BOJ, HiRider and manual trades - I’d like to show the bot ones but not my embarrassing manual ones…:o

Another wave 2 loss. So far;

Wave 1 losses: 2 out of 13 trades
Wave 2 losses: 2 out of 6 trades

Yes, by using magic numbers.

Btw; This is the new robot Scooby is working on ( I mentioned a few post above ); http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lenovos10e/thg-v23/21653

Thanks for keeping score. Are you able to tell how much P\L there is for each of the waves?

As far as I know it’s the same for both waves, ~1% TP, ~10% SL.

Two sells orders last night followed by two buys this morning. The buys were closed in three minutes. :smiley:

I went live with this bot, wave 1 ( original strategy ) only.
SD - Live System | Myfxbook

Lol the trades got closed so fast it didn’t even got time to set TP & SL.

Are you running it on the same account as your MD and are you trading the Sunday Candle?

Anyway a Loss for me last night - Checked the logs and my Demo Account had disconected. By the time it had reconnected I had missed the TP.

2010.03.19 05:45:41 ReconnectEA EURJPY,M15: Connection restored. DC Time:2010.03.19 06:45
2010.03.19 05:44:26 ReconnectEA EURJPY,M15: No connection to the server. DC Time:2010.03.19 06:43
2010.03.19 04:09:35 scooby-doo BOJ basket robot Original V2.4 GBPJPY,M15: Alert: scooby-doo BOJ Original trading: a previous attempt to close all trades failed. Trying again
2010.03.19 04:09:23 scooby-doo BOJ basket robot Original V2.4 GBPJPY,M15: Alert: scooby-doo Original basket trading: basket has hit stop loss and is being closed
2010.03.19 04:09:23 scooby-doo BOJ basket robot Original V2.4 GBPJPY,M15: close #99431958 sell 5.91 EURJPY at 123.067 sl: 129.067 tp: 117.067 at price 123.258
2010.03.19 04:09:23 scooby-doo BOJ basket robot Original V2.4 GBPJPY,M15: close #99431942 sell 5.27 GBPJPY at 137.903 sl: 143.903 tp: 131.903 at price 137.973
2010.03.19 04:05:02 scooby-doo BOJ basket robot Original V2.4 GBPJPY,M15: Alert: Scooby-doo BOJ Original trade expiry time has been reached, so the basket trades were closed

I’m running it on a seperate account with sunday candle on. I think I dodged the bullet last night. Turned off the bots on my live accounts because the FED might screw us again. But my demo account did took a loss tonight.