BOJ Trading Robot

Mine has stopped to tell me that it needs a holiday :smiley:

Next holiday is Showa Day on 29th April, so Iā€™m guessing that I need to reset the parameter to 2010.04.28 22:00 - anyone wish to confirm?

Z

Yes. I have set mine on on 2010.04.29 and it made a trade tonight.

A Loss for me last night.

A loss for me last night and then this mornings trades were in deep dd when I left for work only to check when I got in and one ended up and the other a small loss.

I got a suggestion / question.
The robots opens a sell when RSI on H1 is <20, and on M15 <10 right?

Wouldnā€™t it be better when these conditions are met, to wait to enter a sell till the RSI on M15 goes up again and breaks the 10 RSI level?

Lets take tonight for example. The robot opened a sell on the green line. If it would have waited for the RSI on M15 to go up again and break the 10 RSI level, it would have opened a sell at the green dot and it would be a good trade. But now it is a loss.

I would be wary that the move to re-break the 10, when it translated to the actual price might mean you miss the TP proint on a number of other setups and result in more loosers overall.

I was thinking of using the current entry point as a flag with a trailing entry on the the combined basket price?

Definately some room for optimizing the entry point.

My other thought is set up a demo account running the complete basket of JPY currencies and then selecting only the ones that are currently performing well in the demo for use with the EA for the live account.

I donā€™t understand. You mean that if you wait to re-break the 10 you enter too late and you miss the TP? Well yes that might be possible in some cases, but in the last 5 trades it took it would had a better entry and a better chance to hit the TP, if it waited to re-break the 10 ( or 90 when you want to buy ).

But you can adjust the entry conditions, for example;
Instead of waiting for the RSI to re-break the 10, you can enter when the RSI goes up/down by 5. So in the picture example the RSI was at itā€™s lowest around 1. You can enter when it rises by 5 to 6 RSI. This way you get a better entry then waiting for it to rise all the way to 10 RSI.

And what exactly do you mean with ā€œusing the current entry point as a flag with a trailing entryā€ ?

Hi guys,

I finally got my trading computer set up (this bot trades at a time when I should be asleep :)), so it can be on all the time. Installed this robot on a demo account, and awaiting the first trade, hopefully this evening. :wink:

Almost default config, except for the Start and End times, the Trade Sunday candle (which I turned off), and the Wave 2 (which I also turned off).

I see some of you have a +5% during March. That sounds really nice.

Hopefully :wink: it has been rather quiet these last few days.

Of course. It was weekend. :D:D:D

lol lol :d

The bot opened a trade tonight but didnā€™t do too well, I closed it at break even.

I changed the settings on my demo to 5 & 95 RSI on the 15M timeframe, and because of this itā€™s actually doing better and hit TP tonight. Iā€™m also gonna change these settings on my live account.

Big Loss on my accounts tonight - regular settings.

Had my first trade with the robot, lost 9.14%. :frowning: Demo account, so no worries. :slight_smile:

Hi Just a couple of questions about your demo account, as I see itā€™s taken a few trades in the last few days:

Have you enabled wave 2 trading? and did you change your trading times when the UK moved to BST?

I havenā€™t changed the timesettings. I read on the FF thread that this wasnā€™t necesarry.

Here are my settings;
Demo: Enabled wave 2 trading, RSI on lower timeframe: 90 & 10.
Live: Disabled wave 2 trading, RSI on lower timeframe: 95 & 5.

I just changed these RSI settings today. This way the demo account is more aggressive and the live account more conservative. If the demo account continues to do good I will probably open another demo with: Wave 2 trading enabled, lower timeframe RSI: 5 & 95.

Pietpatat, you seem to have missed the huge loss on March 31st. Did you have the bots turned off that day, or did you already run them with modified settings?

I think thatā€™s the trade I closed manually at break even. I just happend to be behind my desk when the trade went wrong and closed it myself. I had my demo account running with the safer RSI settings and it was a win on my demo.
Im not sure, because myfxbook isnā€™t working right now and I canā€™t check.

Iā€™m happy with the safe RSI settings, it doesnā€™t trade much but it useally wins. This morning it took a trade, up almost 4% now.

Thanks, I changed to 95/5, too this morning. Iā€™ll see how it goes. It does nicely when it doesnā€™t lose. That -10% it started with hurt a bit. (Didnā€™t really, since itā€™s just demo.)

More losses for me this morning - going to change the settings to 95, 5