Bollinger band trading with MAs

so who is trading the NFP today besides me?

Probably not me. :slight_smile:

I like to leave 30mins either side of the news reports but it’s not a guaranteed rule, just whenever it looks like it’s settling down.

I didn’t want to trade the 1st high after the news as I didn’t know how far it would go.

:smiley:

Never seen that before…

EU & GU PA almost identical.

1h 63sma & 3:20 is doing it’s job again. :smiley:

Buckets full of pips. :D:D

Thank you. Is this the only release i need to be on the lookout for?
John.

Thanks.I think 30 is probably ok. I may add extra 15 minutes then to avoid unforseen circumstances.
john.

…here…? :smiley:

What do ya wanna know about E/U vs. G/U…?

ah yes, here, sorry been busy today. It’s been said on here that E/U is kind of a leading indicator of G/U ? I’ve been watching it and EU does appear to move pretty much the way GU moves but its hard for me to see it making moves ahead of GU. Can you show me a picture to illustrate what to look for?
Is there much of a time delay between when EU moves in a certain direction and GU then follows?
I assume you would compare them on the same time frame?

CAS,
Do you have an idea of how to close multiple positions? I tried it on demo but it seems i just have to close it one by one.
Thanks.
John.

Are you talking about multiple positions or multiple lots here…?

Thanks. What i am saying is ,say, i open trade with multiple positions of 8 standard lots which is 8 *8= 64 lots and i want to close it? I dont wanna do one by one.

IBFX has a script that closes all and another that closes partial positions.

I haven’t tried them I don’t trade more then one at a time.

If you don’t have a IBFX account I can send it to you.

Thank Jcgibson,
I am using Meta Trader 4. I dont have ibfx.Do you have an idea about how to do this on MT4?.
John

I 'll take a look I think it comes with instruction and get back to you shortly.

Thank you.I will be hanging around.

Here is the script if you can’t make it work let me know I’ll have to watch the online video but I think you just put it in the scripts folder it states you can set a hot key to use it I would try it on a demo first to be sure of how it works.

Change the extension from .txt to .mq4 and put it in you expert\ scripts folder.

Thanks. I will have to use it tomorrow to see how it works when market opens.
John.

Do an overlay EU and GU and all shall be revealed. :smiley:

how do you do an overlay? I can bring up two charts side by side, but do you mean to superimpose them on one chart?

and on the same subject, take a look at this, what do you think?
The Giant Flaw In Correlation Trading (UPDATE) : MarketClub Trader’s Blog

I read that article. My question is it is if a gap happens between two correlated currency pairs how do you know which one will move to correct the gap? In the example given couldn’t eur/usd just come down to close the gap? I don’t think this gap alone is enough info to base a trade on. You need some indication of a direction of both pairs to help you decide witch pair will move to close the gap.

That’s a good point. I think what the article is saying is that GU has more volatility so it should have bigger moves both up and down, so if it hasn’t moved as far as EU then the GU should be the one to make the move. I’m not saying that’s right or wrong but that’s the way I read it.