Bollinger band trading with MAs

Yep Mike thats what I was basically saying zoom out a 5 m chart and put on bolls to approximate a 15m or 1h chart. Yes GU has not been doing what I thought it would today but picked up a 30 & 20 pip move off it. Switched to Cas’ oil today now thats been really good fun. :slight_smile:

well I kept riding it up so did ok, Question is, do you still think it will drop? Tomorrow?

And fun it was. :smiley:

Did you trade 5m…?

Inventory news release @10:30EST chose 63ma,5m as take off pad. :smiley:

Fancy a glance @GBP news schedule…tomorrow that is. :smiley:

yep, lots of news, and nfp friday too.

CAS,
I understand you are good at this.I will appreciate it if you can give me clues on how I can start to trade oil.
Thanks.
John

Been thinking about all these news items. That still doesn’t tell you if it’s going to head up or down does it? Just means it’s going to be more volatile right?

With NFP, ECB, and BoE - probably 100 or more pips in a few mins first spiking one way, then spiking the other - that kind of volatility.

SanMiguel,
Yeah.It is 2:39am EST in US.wake up early today to make some pips.And i agree, it is more of volatility now.But it has been trend for the past 30 minutes or so.

TalonD,
It seems my pivot and regression lines are not working anymore.Any help on this?
Thanks.
John

It’s happening already. :smiley:

Bolli Bounce day. :smiley:

[B][I]John4pips[/I][/B]

Oil…? Extremely volatile. 80,100,120 pips spikes…it’s common.

Try…
5m,1:5,1:20,2:20,3:20, 200sma,63sma,3,6,9,LWMA.

Set entries.
Set stops.
Set P/L.

Outer 3:20BB for entries and set P/L on opposite Outer 3:20BB, 2 pips above and below.

Just watch Oil PA.

You might not like what you see. It’s not for the faint hearted…you gotta be very quick in reading PA.

GU 5m Bollie Bounces running like a swiss watch this morning…:smiley:

blue=3:20
white=2:20&1:20
dark pink=1:5 “The tunnel of 5” :smiley:

1 success from the lower (ticked).
1 fail though it was +10 at one point.
1 open: I am short from the top again following the tunnel but this is against the 5min trend - so should close at the middle boll/lower 20:1 unless momentum is good. Price bounced off the overnight high twice so will see what happens.
Any thoughts? (red 20:3, orange 20:2, green 20:1)

Not a good point to enter.

Why…?

1. previous candles got long wicks [B]inside[/B] “Tunnel of 5”

2. round number 1.6500 too close

On 5m I draw lines 15 pips above and below round numbers.

Just try that…and watch what happens…:smiley:

Can’t argue with that really.
+25
-15 (yet again traded too close to news 30mins before)
+50

:slight_smile:

Well done. :slight_smile:

GU PA is stuck again in [B]that place[/B] +15/-15 pips from a round number. The “Tunnel of 5” sits right in between that .6500 - .6515 area.

sorry, don’t think I know enough to be helpful with that question.

News volatility maybe?

So now I get it, lots of news = bollinger bounces

I did indeed… lots of pips. :slight_smile:

Short from 1.6616 because of the news spike, the fact that it tested that high 30mins later but did not make a new high or touch the 20:2 again…and spiked.
If this crosses over the 1hr centre bollinger then I’m going to close 50% and leave the rest to run as a 1hr trade.

Edit: pity…other half stopped out at breakeven.
Think I’m done with GU for the day :slight_smile: