Bollinger band trading with MAs

Good for you! but I’m not done yet :slight_smile: Its always best to spread the trades over a few pairs (as long as you keep your combined risk to no more than 1-2% of account balance). As long as they are good set ups then some will break your way some do nothing much and some go against you but its a better way of making more consistant gains than simply going with a single cross.

[B]Hellogoodbye[/B]

Forgot to mention… EUR/USD is not necessarily a loser yet as its not a closed trade. :slight_smile:

it was a loser for me 3 times :stuck_out_tongue: lol 2 came from sunday and thats y i dont like to trade sundays latest one came from today when i got stopped out by 1 pip :mad: still got my GBP/USD and AUD/USD goin tho :slight_smile: actually nvm just checked G/U closed at +60 lol

oh how do you determine stops? swing high and lows?

edit

also what are the LWMA for?

LWMA are just there to average a line across the tops of the candles and or wicks and also good for picking out spikes i.e. where the candle has broken the LWMA line and dropped back in.

Hmmm… Stops. You may notice on my posted chart there is no SL or TP. This might be contreversial and I’ll probably get slammed for it but I’ll give it a go in any event… I’m not suggesting anybody follow it unless they really do know what they are doing and seeing in a set up.

I look for a good set up thats why I trade the longer TF charts, 4h and up equals plenty of time to pick the trades properly. Then I enter. The trade will either go my way stand still or go against me but usually within my tollerance limit and then come good. My TP is usually center boll line but I will wait and see if PA will carry on if it breaks center line I’ll ride it all the way down to lower boll if PA looks like it might. Highs and lows judged by the upper/ lower boll bands.

Now back to that stop loss. Given that the set up is good how many times have you set a 10, 20, 30, 40 stop loss only to see it get hit and PA go the way you knew it would over a trading year? If its only one 20 pip SL that gets hit a day (200 trading days lets say) thats 4000 pips you’ve lost by setting a stop too close. I have what I call my OMG ‘OH MY GOD’ stop loss thats out of view on the charts 200 pips. Its there to protect my capital if say a comet is discovered on course for earth, etc. I mean something that will out of the blue make PA hit the bottom of the monitor, roll off and hit the floor kind of News. Plus I dont trade high impact news events. So my stop just doesnt get hit… ever! I decide when the trade has gone bad not my SL.

[B]CAUTION[/B]. You need plenty of experience as a trader to do this. To be able to see a trade and distinguish when its still good and more importantly when to close it for a loss. I am not advising any newb do this but it works very well for me because I can stay emotionally detached from each and every trade and have more than a few years experience.

btw just saw theres a commet headed straight for the eurozone so you might wanna close you eur/usd trade :stuck_out_tongue: and u might also wanna move :smiley: and yes, i know exactly what you mean by having a stop and being stopped out. happens many of times so im reconsidering how i place me SL. just today i was stopped out by 1 pip :mad: also do you wait for a close before entering?

The close of what? BTW EUR/USD trade that was negative at the time of posting is now to the good side and AUD/USD and NZD/USD close behind. This illustrates why I dont use a conventional SL.

i was wondering if you wait for a close of a 4h candle before entering, though i dont think you do. lol

Classic entry on the 4h TF chart… open candle wicks and closes. New candle PA goes up and wicks then when it bocomes solid body and colour change enter (AUD/JPY now… top boll band). Yes sometimes I dont wait but should but if I’m trading a close corrolation cross and its already done the same I might jump in. :wink:

alright then ill wait for the close lol

Mr Carter,
You are correct.I started with 5 digits account.One experienced trader told me that to avoid unnecessary emotion in trading,you need huge account and trade low lot size and gradually work your way up.Babypip school of pipsology said the same thing too.Besides,fxcm recommends $10,000 for their standard account and the minimum is $2,000.Dont get me wrong.I am not saying it is not cool to start small but i realise that if you start relative okay,you can work your way up pretty quick as well.

It seems i have got the idea behind daily set up. I will try to suggest few trades later today and please correct me if i am wrong on anyone of them.It is an assignment for me:D:D:D
Thank you.
Daniel.

just out of curiosity what pairs do you trade?

My favourite is GBP/USD as it tracks EUR/USD whilst offering potentially more pips in the same move. Outside of that I have eleven other charts up (total twelve). Thats enought for me to comfortably keep an eye on. On the open/ close of each day I will bring up another chart and go through all the crosses that I dont already have up to assess a good potential set up. I there is one that looks better than the least best on the twelve I am already monitoring on my chart I’ll swap them over. Thats it.

Should add I will use a stop when the trade has moved well into profit. I will put it inside the trade so that trade is a gauranteed winner and manually adust it with the trade. This then allows me to go hunting for another trade whilst not increasing my 1-2% of account balance risk. Sorry forgot to mention. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heres where I’m at as of 02:45 GMT.

hi pros… :slight_smile:

Newbie here… wanna know views on shorting the cable?:stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda lost a bit of confidence after a few failed trades yesterday… lol…

What time frame chart you using?

4hr for trend and 15m for entry.

was wondering if it’s a little too late to short on the Cable, but as i see Euro, It’s jus rounding the upturn and heading down…

Just took a quick look GU. PA at center boll on 15m tough call. :slight_smile: If your using 4h charts for direction then it might be better to look for a reversal at the upper/ lower 20:2 boll bands and then take an entry on the 15m chart.

Personally I dont go below 4h and above day charts.

yes Carter, I know… have been following ur thread for a long time… always find things here interesting… u r the daily king… so to speak … lol… :stuck_out_tongue: But my capital doesn’t allow me to trade dailies although i love to… too big a spread for me now… will get stopped out…mayb in future :slight_smile:

Doesn’t matter what your capital is really. Trade a micro account and set your risk size at 1-2% of the account balance. You can work the longer charts just as well with a small account. :slight_smile:

I tried but was stopped out by the fluctuations of the charts… tend to be wider, isn’t it? that’s y i downed to 4hr… maybb because i’m still new and can’t catch the entry point accurately… that’s y was stopped out//:stuck_out_tongue: