Bollinger band trading with MAs

Any thoughts prior to the London opening?

Wider yes, so you need to use wider stops and a smaller lot size. I seem to be headed that way myself :slight_smile:

fyi talonD, i’m already using the smallest lot size. and if i were to trade dailies, i’ll have to reduce my stop loss making it infeasible… :slight_smile: so now have to grow my capital in 4hr until i have a big enough capital to trade daily… lol… and my platform makes it a compulsory to for a min 20pip SL which i find it to be very frustrating!!:frowning:

I trade GBP/USD,USD/JPY,USD/CHF,CHF/JPY and EUR/USD pairs.

Mr Carter,
With all due respect,sometimes SL is not necessarily the best things to do.If you enter trade and you believe it is likely to be profitable,even SL of 20pips on 15m or 5m may not be enough.I am talking from experience.Most people here believe that 20pips is adequate for 15m or 5m,but i dont.It depends on the prospect of the trade you are in. I just take at on your London breakout now.I entered through 5m and was 22 pips down.I did not give up and end up with more pips than i can imagine.Had i set my SL at 20,i will be feeling bad by now instead.So,SL is not written in stone.It depends on the trade you are in.
Thank you.
Daniel.

“Stops are in, emotions are out.”
Without a stop and without experience, it will probably lead to more trouble for a lot of people.

Frankly speaking,emotion is there in trading as always.We just try to be detached and aloof most of the time.Researchers have proved long ago that anything the money is involved,emotion is around there.I challenge anybody to prove me otherwise.:):):slight_smile:

This mornings charts and my trades.

remember that EUR/USD trade i got stopped out of by 1 pip? ya well it just hit my TP. actually it hit it a few hours ago i just wasnt home :stuck_out_tongue:

holy cow!! carter making some pips today

Yep quite a few… closed out three or four trades already as they are at max pips for the days range. Up over 314 a few others still have some pips to give yet before closing out.

I would quit EUR/USD & GBP/USD now you aint gonna get anymore today on an up.

EU and GU have been pretty lacklustre today.
I missed the buy off support at 1.6060.
Got +20 from the 1hr bollinger band trade at 10:20.
Have a nice Daily swing trade going on oil at present from 83.50 - need to wait for that to hit some support, hopefully may go far.

Just took a peek… Nice one San… missed that one. :slight_smile:

Closed out everything for plus 500 except E/U & G/U both of which I see as downward so will leave these open short. And I still have hopes for USD/CHF long although it seems super glued to 1.0163. :confused:

EDIT: Well EU & GU took me by suprise! They are both looking well overbought.

500? is that with your ‘new’ system?

GU down? I’ve got a buy on GU

RC is a very sophisticated EA, when he talks about his children he means subroutines. 500 pips is playtime for a program like him. How he fooled the forum into letting him post is beyond me. :D:D:D

Nice work !

Yeah.I have said it before and i am gonna say it again.If i know 50% of what Robert Carter know on forex,it is equivalent to federal reserve gives you license to print dollar.
Good work.

By the way,what trade is available for your boys in this forum to trade with for the remaining part of today?

hmm… that’s interesting, and you use FXCM too :smiley:

I believe that short USD/JPY still has around 30pips left for these who want to trade it.Comments are welcome.