Bollinger band trading with MAs

Indeed there are. It wont effect my trading, busy on making pips trading short on GU as we speak. :smiley:

lolā€¦ iā€™m shorting the cableā€¦ been a bad week for meā€¦ :frowning: but good expensives lessonsā€¦ lolā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: my system seems to have a problemā€¦ but i canā€™t figure out whatā€™s wrongā€¦ mayb this system is not my styleā€¦ iā€™m on the lookout for more systemsā€¦ open to any suggestionsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Tried going with the trendā€¦ against the trendā€¦ using fiboā€¦ emaā€¦ n wat i can findā€¦ but canā€™t settle into oneā€¦ any1 has this problem before? pls adviseā€¦

i still have this problem i cant seem to decided what to trade :frowning: people say the hard part is managing emotions and the easy part is finding a profitable system but its the exact opposite for me lol

managing emotions is easier once you trade with money that is not crucial to your survival. I suppose thatā€™s wat you are doing? Tend to be less stressful as a resultā€¦ and easier to manage. There are so many systems out there but which one is better suited for me? hmmā€¦ I mean, I like to trade intraday cos I dun like to wait few days for a probable. I know daily charts are what Mr Carter will suggestā€¦ lolā€¦ but for me i gues it jus doesnā€™t add upā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: Now Iā€™m using a 5EMA and 10EMA crossover trading, Stochastic Slow10,3,3, MACD n RSI9ā€¦ have BBs as indicators as well on 4H n 15mins but seems like Iā€™m always lateā€¦ By the time i enter the market the move is over and i find myself down by 10pipsā€¦ mayb i should switch the other wayā€¦ lolā€¦ when EMA crossā€¦ trade the other wayā€¦ :slight_smile: Iā€™m going back to demoā€¦ and fine tune all this little gagsā€¦ then iā€™m coming back LIVEā€¦ :slight_smile:

Mr Carter,

How did u know that GU is going short? had been shorting 60pips since we last spokeā€¦ would realy love to learn how to do it.

Well as pointed out I trade the daily but at a push the 4h will do it. On the daily PA is at its weeks high and at the upper 20:2 boll. Looking at the 4h TF chart PA has come over and using a high/low 2 LWMA and a close 2 LWMA you should be able to judge direction and acceptable swings within the overall down.

Caveat to the above is weekly TF charts PA is at centerline 20:2 boll so longer term PA is about at equilibrium.

i seeā€¦ Iā€™ll try it out to see if i can get the next tipoverā€¦ lolā€¦ another questionā€¦ how do we know if there wun b any upward movement befoer it comes down? cos i tried many timesā€¦ short or long,ā€¦ then the PA shift the other wayā€¦

Simple answer I dont. But if you have put up a 4h TF chart of GU with a high/low and close LWMA you will observe a smooth curved elipse to the last five 4h candles coinciding with the top 20:2 boll band on the daily TF chart. So the odds are in favour of PA topping out after that big run up. Thats my take in any eventā€¦ how long it will last is down to keeping an eye on the 4h chart.

I seeā€¦ so entering early on trades is mayb due to my judgementā€¦ hmmā€¦ i guess i need to sharpen my senses nowā€¦ still loads of things to learnā€¦ mayb i should go back to schoolā€¦ lolā€¦

will doā€¦ thanksā€¦

You ever use these as a hedge against each other?

under what circumstances do you enter before a candle close and under what circumstances do you wait for a candle close before entering?

No, because I donā€™t hedge.

These are technical markers for my trade execution parameters.

JohnnyBSmart,

Thank you for your contribution.I read your comment twice and i felt that i should let you know my view.I am open to constructive criticism as long as you dont cross the line of decency.I try to disagree without being disagreeable.

The essence of my remark about that loss trade with input Carter is to draw attention to the notion people do make bad trade despite the fact that they analyse and do their homework well.I asked few posts back that what is actually responsible for wrong trade despite all these rigorous analysis and evaluation,all what i got is just the formulas,templates and the likes.

Well,we can learn now that nobody is immuned to bad trade.And the notion that once you are a professional or experienced,you cant excecute bad trade is not always true and it is not true on this case.If you look at it critically,i only lost -15 pips on that trade.And i was able to get a better trade same day with USD/JPY with 25 pips.

Mind you,i have stated in this thread on that day that i take full responsibility of my actions.I could have chosen to keep quiet and move on.But we wont learn any lesson for that.That is the fact and any other things that others are saying are just to misinterpret or misrepresent the facts.They are just chasing shadow while leaving the substance.And i understand that.You see people process new information in the context of their existing beliefs.If they know nothing about an issue,they are likely to find the message incomprehensible.And if they have erroneous beliefs,they are likely to misconstrue the message.And they are entitled to their opinion.But that i dont have a right to speak up when i see thing went wrong is simply ridiculous.

As for Carter personally,he is really a nice guy and willing to help others.And i have benefited from his efforts.But most people here dont want to say it that sometimes he gets it wrong.And that he is fallible.

Gob bless.
Daniel.

Losing is part of trading.
Your analysis can be correct and you can get taken out by other factors.
This is a numbers game, an averages game and there is no getting away from it. :slight_smile:

So,why is so much hue and cry then when i said he got it wrong ? Why not admit that sometimes you will get things wrong? Please re-read my comment on that day and compare it with all the uproar that followed it.I am troubled by the fact that someone is restrained to express his or her view on issue if it is antithetical to the majority here.

really i was gonna say something along the line of ā€œeveryone makes a wrong call eventually in trading as itā€™s just part of trading to be wrong at some pointā€ but never ended up posting it til now

then dont post about it!

It seems you are feeling bad because i have the intrepidity to call you out on bad trade.Well,I am not a small boy.And my relationship with people is characterised by cooperaton when they are right and calling them out when they are wrong.That is the way to improve things,not through sugarcoating situation or keep silent.Silence means consent.You ought to give it a second thought why your analysis failed and appreciate the fact that someone raises this,not to demonise me.
Time to move on to the next thing.
God bless
Daniel.

Im not feeling ā€˜badā€™ Iā€™m feeling angry. Dispite repeatedly telling you not to treat my posts as a signal service you went ahead and did it anyway. When upā€¦ you couldnt be more grateful. When down you act like a spoilt child thats had his sweets taken away! My analysis did not failā€¦ my trades made pips.