Bollinger band trading with MAs

till he decided to go off the reservation a bit at one point

sure did!! I tried trading at work.

Maybe I will make a quick pdf tonight. That would be good for me too. A little bit of positive reinforcement never hurts.

That’s two things I did wrong. Didn’t notice it was a holiday over there. And I should only look once every 4 hours. I noticed on a day like this a candle can change from bull to bear and back again within 4 hours.

–reminds me of the Hobbit… there and back again

It’s hard to get an ass as big as mine on the edge of my seat, but I’m doing it right now. :smiley:

On the gap thing. I also have Oanda so there is no gap. I usually see trading start up about 1pm Eastern time. but I also have metatrader demo with FXCM and on that there is a gap where trading starts up about 6pm Eastern. So even if I didn’t have the FXCM I could still assume a gap on Oanda as being anything between 1pm and 6pm Eastern.

I’ll have to look, but I know my current MT4 demo does not have a Sunday candle at all and I was using that for our daily channel trading - so the 2-period daily MAs would make sense on Mondays. I downloaded it from some broker called United World Capital, probably back in my first few weeks of forex experience.

Perhaps I could get an MT4 demo from FXCM to see if I can see the gap there. Alternately, I could just get that Oanda demo like Sean suggested.

For me, that would be freakin’ AWESOME. As soon as you figure out what it is (and get better, of course) you have to let me know how I can contract it.

I’m aiming for about 47 pounds. :wink:

so everybody is in here!!!

are anyone giving candys?? i want some too:D

i need to get a big TF system to make some pips trading 15mins per day.

i´m waiting for the shr1k PDF to test this one:p

i´m missing the trading excitment all day… i´m thinking about the f*****g charts all day long. hope to be able to trade thursday or friday…

anyone making pips?

not me, I was loosing pips today :frowning:
tomorrow will be better

Few weeks back you mentioned having problems with stones, I hope you’re not still having some medical issues?

Here you go don’t get to excited I did blow this $10 account out after a 500% gain:rolleyes:
MAXIMUM ACCOUNT GROWTH

Glad to hear you are ok Robert.
Over here we have a different definition for stones. LOL

Robert how are you trading the Hieken Ashi? Do you have a trade on? I saw one up candle in the Asian session but time for bed so I didn’t trade. Good thing too. Got up this morning to see it had dropped so I’ve missed the boat… or the yacht :0 What am I doing wrong?

Maybe I can swim out and catch it? :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll ask the front desk to give me a wakeup call at 3am.

On FB I saw mention of Dr. Who, my favorite was Tom Baker. Gotta get me one of those scarves.

Whew, once again I someone to do a Vulcan mind-meld with me and Shr1k to help me grasp this. Maybe it deserves a thread of it’s own? I think I sorta/kinda/not really get the theory behind what you are saying – is it sort of a partial Martingale system for forex? Or is that an oversimplification?

I don’t want to take anything away from this thread (even though it has take many countless twists and turns over its lifespan).

What I wouldn’t give for a decent time machine!

I had a sell going on but just exited even though the HA candles don’t indicate an exit because price is getting near last weeks low. What do you think? is that strong support? or will it go lower? Do you have a trade going on?

R Carter, what do you look for when making a new trading system? Is there anything specific you try to achieve, or do you just see what goes well with each other?

I hope it keeps falling. I have a sell going since earlier today.

I missed the boat :(. hoping to get a good start once the next trade presents itself

well I had a couple false starts on this down leg but came out about even by now. Still have me sell on but about 3am when I’m asleep it will probably turn on me! :eek:

yep, that worked out well this time.

This whole down move the last few days would be worth around 200 pips if I hadn’t jumped in and out of it and got whipsawed a bit.