Bollinger band trading with MAs

Personally I’ve always focused solely on GBP/USD. Figured it would be better to specialize in just one. But beginning to rethink that idea lately.

EU + 30
Long wicked candle after a large thrust up.
It’s outside the bollinger too but probably suspected that already after a large candle like that.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It’s whatever you’re comfortable with really.
I can’t focus on 20 pairs that’s for sure :slight_smile:

Perhaps but if you add gold, stock market, oil, some other shares - it’s too much for me :slight_smile:
Still…if you can do it…go for it :slight_smile:

thanks for the tip San Miguel :slight_smile:

I’m focusing on GBP/JPY :wink:

same here :cool: But I still like GBP/JPY more than any other pairs :slight_smile:

GJ was my worst ever pair!
Probably because I started trading stupid things like scalp lines on it - oh the memories :rolleyes:

GJ is my worst pair too! :stuck_out_tongue: I’m still trying to tame the beast! LOL :D:D

How long have you traded it for?
I wouldn’t recommend it as the first pair to trade due to the volatility and the fact that it is a cross of GU and UJ.
Better to trade the majors and something less volatile like UJ or EU to start with.

The GBP/JPY’s volatility is the reason why I like it anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: I love how GJ moves! It’s like a roller coaster ride! Woohoo! :D:D:D

Haha I’m not sure I understand what you said but I’ll take it as a compliment so thank you, RCarter :smiley:

I’ve shorted GJ too! I’m just a little aggressive coz I entered at 133.75 – based on Fibonacci (50%) of 4hr time frame. :cool:

Mine must’ve been quite agressive because i entered at 134.06 lol

Wow! That’s a nice entry hellogoodbye4201! :eek::cool::wink: Time for the bears to rule the market! GRAWL

I have not traded the yen pairs much lately. I tend to have a few trades going at once and the yen pair correlation keeps messing with me. As for G/J most of my trading is Asian session G/J is not so wild that time of day.

You got me looking at the yen pairs again maybe as solitary trades:D

Yep RC, GBPJPY and USD pulled back, one +20 another at +0. Overall up up 108 pips today with -20 floating (GBPCAD short). Not bad for a first day trying your system :p.

First day 4 wins, 2 losses, 1 BE +108

U/J just took me out for the night

should have gone long that was a BB break out not a bounce:rolleyes:
Thats the biggest problem with trading BB and MAs. I am getting better at having some patience to wait for some sort of clue that might let me know if its a bounce or a run along the outer band. Some times all the clues are wrong or I don’t see them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was watching the 15 min chart when I entered. I waited for price to drop below that doji candle that’s a clue its a bounce. On the 1 hr the center BB was almost flat thats good for bounces. The 5 min chart I didn’t look at until after the trade but I don’t any thing there that would have stopped me. Of course after the first stop was hit I thought I was just a little early so I entered short once more. Bad move. Can’t win them all:D. Ok entry on the trades and my MM worked I still have over 1/2 the money I made yesterday.

Have you tried that EA I gave you? I’m sure it’d make watching those 10 pairs so much easier lol. Im currently shorting GBP:USD JPY and CAD. currently +20, +19, -16. Re-entered on the USD and JPY after being stopped out at +20 and 0.

And therein you have the inherent problem with the bollys.
I haven’t looked at UJ but is that a resistance area on the 1hr?
It’s easy to say now looking at the angle of the bollinger showing momentum because it moves upwards but you can’t always see that at the exact time you take the trade.

I use the 20:1 as a guage sometimes although that doji on the 15min would normally have been a pretty good signal.

I never did set up that EA. I am limited to when I can trade and if that thing was sending me emails all day long it would drive me crazy missing opportunities.

I saved it and might set it up when I have more time to trade.

I have decided for now I do so much better Asian session with my MM and trade size that I should stick to what works for me. If its not broke don’t fix it:D I am averaging a 7% gain per day for the last 10 days that includes 2 losing days. I know that’s not very long but I have traded this same strat and MM before with tiny accounts for hundreds of trades with similar results.

Goodluck, Make sure you dont blow the account :eek:. By the way that is me you’ve found on FB :wink:

Goodluck, Make sure you dont blow the account

Honestly this account is so much bigger than any account I traded before I am finding it much easier to follow my plan. Its in the category of “an amount of money I don’t want to lose” That plus the confidence developed by trading this same plan for a long enough time to know what works with it and what breaks it will let me see any potential blow ups way before they happen.

I know about how many pips I average a day. I know what a losing day should look like. I know about how often they should happen. If any of those 3 things start to vary to much I can take a break and try to find out whats going on.