Bollinger band trading with MAs

A 1-1 tie is no beatdown;)

I know… your guys have raised their game this year… very impressive! (most play in England teams… Bolton Wanders, etc.)

Defense is still a bit sloppy though… if your goalie wasn’t so good (7 strikes at goal all stopped but 1) and ours sooo bad (how did that ball roll in?) the score would have been a little diferent! :smiley:

I’ll bet you yanks don’t moan about that spill :eek: :o

Nows the time to buy BP shares 40% down! :wink:

That would be “gambling”:slight_smile: ~$33.- is still to high at this point in time.:smiley:

I am not buying BP yet This spill and the fall out from the mess and the dispersant BP is using is far from over. I see some more down side. I have owned BP I have been watching that stock for a few years. I never talk about stocks on this forum but I swing trade stocks when I see an opportunity. Its more expensive than FX and I have to limit my self to cheap stocks with a big upside to make any money after commission but I have done well over all better than FX trading by being picky.
I am finally getting the day trading mentality down and my FX is starting to make some money. I see more potential and I think FX trading is less risky if you stick to some rules.

I like that part:D

I hope we’ve seen the end of the attacks & gun fighters and its safe to go back into the water.

I’m really thankful for this little “BB & MA” community that has been happening here since SM & RC started the thread back last September. I’ve found it to be a great resource and hope it can continue to be a civil place to share with each other.

I don’t post and participate as much as some of you other guys but I read every post and I’ve learned so much about trading the BB bands and MA tunnels, thanks!

I also want to say that I’m extremely grateful and appreciate the generous way RC has shared his trading methods, answered our questions, and laughed along with our silliness… thank you Robert, you’re a good guy.

Thanks!
Don

Well, JBS is banned so hopefully that will be the end of him, unless they didnt ban his IP lol. Now its up to headmaster.

I was just trying to tell my wife that but she just doesn’t get the concept!

In a post that was deleted by the mods. I said that i was not going to follow this thread any more. But I’ll hang around long enough to say this. There are some of you that I count as my friends. R. C., San, Merch, ShriK, Rui. MastrT, Bradu. SweetP, ICT,HellowGoodby, PipPunisher and yes… even Used and Cass. etc. BP is BP and it’s time to move on. Trading is serious business. I’m making an effort to change my life. and have gone as far as I can as a baby. Don’t need all the crap that goes on. So for those of you who know me and have contact to me through FB or email. I will see you there!

two of my hero’s are spock and Luke. So, trade well and prosper, and may the force be with you !

See you all in the 5% club… remember, first one to a mill hosts the party! I want margaritas!!!

Where are you going to go from here?

Just going to focus on trading more and thread posting less. I have good ideas and good directions to go in. Not saying I’ll dissapear completely. just focus more on trading. All this BS is big turn off, but I’ll still be around.

That’s probably a good idea, I need to start demoing a few different things. Hopefully they’ll work :p.

Most of my successful trading has been bol bounce and trading from the outside of the price channel back in. The price channel being a channel made from various combination of MAs that have been discussed in this thread. By using some unconventional MM and stops I have been doing very good with this I have a high win rate 75 to 80% the rare big losing trades my MM allows have been constantly offset by many smaller winning trades. BUT…

I have been trying to add to my trading and get rid of some off the big losers by taking some breakout and with the trend jump on the train type trades. I have had some much bigger gains in terms of pips and $ when I get these trades right. The downside is I am using a more conventional approach to stops with these trades this is causing more losing trades. The losing trades have not been real big but they are starting to add up. I feel like I just added another variable to my trading thats not helping the big picture.

Any thoughts on this and what are some key things you see on your charts that lead you to think breakout the trend goes on or bounce time? I keep getting wrong:mad:. I am stuck in a cycle where I think PA will continue so I wait for an entry and then it retraces after that happens for a few trades or days I start to think I should go back to the bounce idea then the trend starts:rolleyes:. I realize I am basing decisions on my past trades and it is defiantly having a negative affect on the growth of my account. I am losing objectivity and getting frustrated thats a bad trading mindset. So from a technical stand point is there any thing you see on a chart that sways you one way or the other bounce or trend?

Or should I just say quit messing with my working strat take your occasional big loss suck it up and keep trading what has been working for me?

Well, I’m sure you know that just because something is OB/OS doesn’t mean it is going to turn around right away. To cope with this I look for multiple OB/OS conditions and then a likely Sup/Res to enter on. I don’t always use the Sup/Res way though it does help. Your idea of having multiple TFs PA outside the 2 LWMAs is a good way of determining it’s time to enter a trade. Pretty sure RC just enters off the 2 LWMA on the daily. One thing you could do is reduce your position size this way it will allow for a larger stop. I know that with trading your method you can’t tell precisely where price will turn, but you can tell that it is very likely it will soon. Having the larger stop will help prevent you from being stopped out because of an early entry.

MACD with two levels, .005 and -.005 show good times to watch for breakouts. They don’t always happen frequently, sometimes you can go a month without seeing one (on an hour chart) and sometimes you can see 1 a week.

Another thing I’m messing with is a neural network EA type thing, it helps on my decisions. So far I just use it to help show where price is likely to go, and no it’s not 99.9999999% accurate though on the 1h and 30m it is fairly accurate. It places a horizontal line where it thinks the current bar will close, and it updates it constantly but the overall direction (up or down) doesn’t change much, mainly just how far down or up. In overall direction I’d say it is accurate about 65-70% of the time on the 1h and 30m TF, as for how precise, well I’ve watched it hit it spot on and I’ve watched it be off by 10 or so pips. I’d say to use the line as a rough estimate with a hit rate within 10 pips of about 45-50% of the time. It’s not perfect but it does help in my decision making.

I was thinking of your strat Shr1k and how this could be used. Say PA is currently outside the MAs on the daily, 1h and 15m (15m is partially accurate but being that it is too small of a TF the NN isn’t as efficient) you could use this NN to help decide when to enter your trade. I looked at this on the daily (the NN) and it can’t be used. It gives unrealistic predictions such as 300 pip moves on EU which aren’t impossible but I don’t trust them.

Honestly, I like the phrase “If it’s not broken don’t fix it.” But, there could be room for an upgrade and I like to be open minded so if something does come along that you find could help you then give it a try in demo. Sounds like you do have a good working strat and I’ve tried it and found it was pretty good though I don’t know it as well as you and I’m sure you’ve had better results :p. Sounds like part of your strat are your big losses, but hopefully your small but frequent winners make up for more and then some. Only problem I see is that you should maybe reduce your risk because it sounds like your losses are maybe 2-4 of your wins so it woulnd’t take many losses to have a large affect on your account but, that all has to do with your current risk which I do not know.

Now, as for bounce or trend, I have no idea. I look to trade from OB/OS and back to the center. Maybe if you come up with another strat that’s made for trend trades you can combine the two but out of personal preference I just like OB/OS and the channels. I can see PA and see that it is in OB/OS territory as it is happening, you can’t tell a trend is occuring until at least a few bars have shown you and by then the trend may be over.

These are just my views Shr1k, hopefully you can make something of them that will help you. Remember, what works for me may not always work for you and vice versa.

Goodluck:D

You’ve partially answered it yourself and fallen into the trader trap of trying to add more and more strats onto existing strats :slight_smile:

However, what break out did you trade? Stick a picture up.
I don’t trade breakouts often largely because a breakout is also usually a support and resistance zone and is too open to many orders coming in all at the same time. If you want to play breakouts you need to go with the current order flow (think 20 and 50MAs or other) and you need to look for consolidation under the resistance zone (or vice versa).
Patterns like ascending triangles…also any time it is the 3rd time approaching that resistance zone you can assume the resistance is weakened.

Thanks guys
I was just trying to many things at once I lost sight of the objective. To make more money then I lose. Its easy to get in the mentality of blindly trading because a particular signal you see. PA does not really follow any signals or move a certain way just because I see a set up. I know we all know that but I need to remind myself from time to time:D

A/U and E/U gaps:D I just missed the big drop on A/U I closed it out early for about 10 pips I am not complaining my experience with Sunday gaps is the close of the gap usually happens pretty quick. A/U was not closing for a long time so I took my little profit off the table. Better safe than sorry:rolleyes:

First thing I thought when I saw the gap was Shr1k must be trading this lol. How effective has trading the gaps been for you?