Bollinger band trading with MAs

That’s fine, you win ratio is taking care of it. I highly suspect that the majority of traders here have a 50% win ratio or less when starting out so it makes good sense to practice a 1:2 ratio if that’s the case.

Any takers for a GU short once through 1.59? :wink:

Maybe, I’d prefer to see it trade down through 1.59 then retrace, then enter.
I got stung on trying to short it already (against the trend :slight_smile: )

Yea know what you mean but looks like its either going to range or short looking at the last three 4h negative HA candles. Same with EU.

EDIT: On balance I favour short. :slight_smile:

Just took a short on GU at 1.5937 off the 4h.

I dunno, it’s been in a pretty strong uptrend for a week or more. I did a couple of small buys this morning for around 20ish each.

Yea could have timed the entry a little better, currently -13 but its based on a longer trade looking to a 2 ma close on the 4h which has come over the top so I’ll stick with the short for now. :slight_smile:

Had a few 20-30 pip trades this morning on JPY crosses but nothing looks particulary spectacular at present. :mad:

Yeah, GU and EU have been mocking my Shorts all week with their whole “we’re no going back inside the channel” attitude. (Although this does look like they finally losing their stilts.)

That will do me for now… 63 on EU and 73 on GU. Will await the bounce to other side of tunnel and re-enter short.

I stayed out because of the news… :frowning:

Well, I consider 5% a week nice return. I decided to pull an all-nighter and trade all the setups on 4 pairs. Risked 2% per trade. 16.8% return in one night. Must’ve been just one of those days lol.

I’m up 5% on the week and I’m actually depressed about it. (Was up 10 and had two losing sessions last night and this morning for -5%.)

LOL… 5% a week and a cool 250% per annum and your depressed!!! :smiley:

EDIT: And thats not factoring in compounding.

It’s never fun to lose your gains but ur still up 5%, that’s still good gain and it’s not a loss right?
I’m happy with 5% a week :p, hell I’m happy not losing money haha.

AUD/CAD looks like its got some room for a short… I’d guess around 50 pips?

EDIT: Short at 0.9305… bottom right third in from far right… might need to expand to 200%.

grasping at straws hell of a slow week:D
NFP may shake it up and get things rolling

She’ll go south… eventually! :smiley: Thought the Asian would have started it but its now 10:50 GMT and still at BE. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: BUT NOT TODAY! :stuck_out_tongue:

Only traded GBPJPY today, one trade, risk was 2%, gain was 8.1%, up 24.9% trading 2 days this week.

Shr1k, ty for reminding me of the nfp lol, I forgot alllll about that and it would’ve cost me some of my profits:D

I think I’m gonna move the risk down to 1% since the gains are already good at 2% and this would allow my account to last longer lol

Good job, Scoob! I sincerely hope this release frees up the market this week and we get back to some regular action.

ya that would be ncie wouldnt it?