Bollinger band trading with MAs

Global central banks selling USD and buying Sterling, Yen and Swiss Franc.

It runs under “diversifying” holdings on central banks balance sheets. :rolleyes:

A wick on present 1h candle touching 3:20 outer BB and a color change…we might nearly be there. :slight_smile:

I heard the Fed ordered a few more railroad tanker cars full of green ink so I guess it keeps bleeding green…

well it looked like its turning down on the 15m but of course as soon as I entered my sell, it immediately started back up again. Now I don’t know what to do, close it or stick with it

Sup guys? Ive been reading your thread for the last idk 10 hrs ? lol not constant but i started on page one and followed through til page 15 than skipped here so I could get a update from someone…Im currently using 5m,15m,1hr,4hr charts for EUR/USD. on all the charts im Using the LWMA 3,6,9,14 red,red,red,green and a 2Dev STD Bol thats set to 20per and i made those lines black…Question is are all of these set to close price i presume? or are they mixed high low close open? Also if theres an updated method for this since you’ve all done about a months worth of research id love to hear it! lol cause im trying to use the method but things are starting to go a lil wacky. Thanks guys

• Mike G!

P.S. LWMA = Moving Average Weighted on Dealbook 360 right? lol I just wanna clarify!:rolleyes:

Don’t know about Dealbook, but I’m guessing LWMA is the same on all platforms. Those on the 1h chart are probably waiting for a 3/6 LWMA to cross and line up south before entering. Those on the 4h chart are probably waiting for a 4h up candke wick outside the upper boll. Then the second 4h candle to either wick and change colour or just change colour and head back towards the center line boll with secondary indicators confirming the retrace. :slight_smile:

Yeah currently on my 1H chart my green line is on top of the three reds and everything is nicely split apart. although my bottom red line made a sharp turn from downtrend to up trend about a hour ago. on my 4H chart my red lines are on top my green line is on the bottom. I noticed about 4~8 hrs ago my top red line dashed through ALL the lines and at the previous 4hr candle my green line crossed the bottom red line. Things are heating up and im holding a 20k buy currently… i wanna see where this goes

• Mike G

I can’t be in front of the monitors now but have just placed a sell at 1.6224. Might be a tad early but I think not by much?

R Carter - Whats your current setup for the GPB/USD Charts? Since i mainly trade EUR/USD ive been using the setup i put up two posts ago. I figured while im trading EUR/USD I could trade along with you guys on GPB/USD and learn the Method a lil better and the Chart setups.

• Mike G

Mgsupra101

I believe they’re different

LWMA = linear weighted MA

WMA = weighted MA

LWMA = very quick reaction - weighted toward linear regression

WMA = slower reaction - weighted toward the middle of the MA look-back period

I’m not familiar with dealbook you better double check, okay?

Yeah problem is I don’t see anything in compliance to a LWMA thats the closest thing im finding…hmmmmmmm

Exponential might be the closest to LWMA, but still different, I think exponential is a bit slower than LWMA but still faster than SMA and WMA

I’ll try to find some info re: MA’s for you

D-Pip,

Thanks im gonna post a thread as well in the Newbie Section so if anyone else has this question in there head hopefully someone can answer it.!

• Mike G

I trade EU with this method. Same setup as with GU. GU follows EU. EU follows Gold.

Don’t confuse me too much lol…I still gotta figure out if Dealbook even has LWMA’s … I just exited a 30 pip buy on EUR/USD. Probably should re-enter since it looks like its going up…but my charts arent even setup correctly as of right now so I can’t really tell.

P.S. Carter when you do come back . I aswell placed a sell at 1.6224 So I hope your right cause im doing this a lil blind =)

GBP/USD sucks, like a crazy new puppy running around your backyard for the first time!!! :mad:

Lol D-pip im down quite a few pips so I can Agree with you on that…still waiting on a confirmation for LWMA’s so I can start reading things better.

since you did that, then I dont feel so bad about selling at 1.6216 a couple hours ago. price seems to be kind of horizontal for the most part right now.

TalonD -

Price is still going up…and I went short lol…How do you think I feel?