Bollinger band trading with MAs

Hey thanks D-Pip I gained my 20 pips and it got closed out. =) Still it was a micro lot so i could lose that in seconds.

Mike G

Hey who uses Dealbook again? If anyone, do you know if theres more of a legit S/R tool we can use other than the horizontal line tool? Thanks

Mike G

P.S. G/u IS making a a jump, gonna place a short around 6440-6450 mark

I jumped on board in GU @.6463…after 1h candle spiked upper 2:20 BB and showed a color change.

Don’t know how long this ride south will last but…:confused:

Maybe this is finally the break we’ve been waiting for?

I’ve been short since early this morning @ 1.6387, I was a little nervous for a while!
And just added to my short position @ 1.6402

ps small positions only $1 per pip

GU needs to go through .6353/49 support. Until then I don’t hold my breath so to speak. :smiley:

But if it does…watch out…:smiley:

Right! breath being held :slight_smile:

I set an Entry order to go short at 1.6350 (20 SL/40 TP). Your thoughts?

Day chart PA has been in the upper 2 - 3 bollinger all morning with 5 regression line inverted ‘v’. Looks like may have a valid down now. But watch for a retrace on the 1h chart.

GU PA is sitting right on daily Pivot Point .6364 @present.

Just below is that .6353/49 major support.

S1 is @6295

If your looking to go short below .6353/49 major support area with 40 pips profit target I would set my entry below .6349 AFTER PA has retestet S&R.

That ensures PA has left major support area behind and your S/L would be tugged above major resistance .

Oh, well. It triggered while I was reading your post. Guess I’m in now… :eek:

looks like it’s already below that, keep an eye on it for retraces though, those are some long candles on the 15m and you gotta expect some wicks on them at some point.

As soon as it moved +20 pips on my order, I moved my SL up to BE.

Get out…as long as it’s still in plus. :wink:

Then reset and enter again at the appropiate time. :slight_smile:

Nothin’, absolutely nothin’. And I’d have really liked a win for the first time in weeks. :mad:

Just wait…:smiley:

There will be a better entry. Once that area has become resistance and is cleared.

If not…you saved your money. :smiley:

Got to strike while the irons hot Merchantprince. :slight_smile: If you keep up a 5m, 15m, 1h, 4h and day chart. Look for PA to be touching the upper 2 std dev bollinger band of either an individual chart time of better a combination. You can also put up a 3 std dev boll as well. When PA is in between both and wicks Its a pretty good bet for a retrace.

And if we see this 16:55 5m candle engulf the previous blue, we’ll have three candles topping out under a fresh resistance at 1.63534?

Currently +90, I sure would like to hold onto this one though.
TalonD’s 1hr crossover should be crossing soon shouldn’t it?
Looks like we might get a 1hr bounce but next support is…what…1.6280ish?

Hey,
I have been backtesting BB with MA for the past few days now and it has been giving me 50pips constantly.I will wait till the end of this week to let you know if it is a good system.I used combination of RC and you teachings in this forum and some stuffs from the book of Alan’s The Swing Trader.

Looks probable but were not fully clear of support yet I don’t think… looking at the day chart… but I do like that nice long wick in the upper 2/3 std dev bollinger on the day chart. :slight_smile: